{26}

My eyes widen at who's standing in front of me.

"Mom?"

"Oh, my, goodness. Your coming back home with me. I'm calling your father right now," she says, barely in a whisper.

"Wait, what?! I am not going home. Not after what you and Dad did. You can't force me to. I'm an adult," I defend.

"Oh, honey, look. We're both really sorry, OK? We just... weren't in the right state of mind when we did that. And, of course, you should know because we all went through a hard time." She takes her phone out and that's when I really get a good look at her.

She looks crazy.

Like someone who just escaped prison. Oh god.

Her usually straight hair, is messed up and looks like a bird's nest, her eyes are red and puffy, as if she's been either drinking, doing drugs, or crying.

"Y/N? What are you doing-" Yoongi pokes his head from around an isle and stops talking once he sees Mom.

He shoots me a worried look before disappearing around the corner. As soon as he does, Jimin appears and smiles, making his eyes turn into lines, and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Jagiya? What are you doing? C'mon let's go, we're going to be late."

He walks us out of the store, ignoring Mom's protests and down the street, eventually bringing us into an alleyway.

As soon as he's certain that we can't be seen, he pulls me into a hug.

"Y/N, it'll be okay," he says rubbing circles on my back.

I stay stiff, not hugging him back, honestly not knowing how to respond to any of this.

"Hey," he says, pulling back and softly shaking mt shoulders, snapping me out of my trance,"it's ok. Just let it out."

He presses my head against his shoulder and starts stroking my head.

That's when I break down.

All throughout my short breathing, hiccups, and sobs, Jimin whispers comforting things into my ear, which helps calm me down a little.

His phone starts ringing, but he ignores it, which I'm grateful for.

After the third ring, he huffs and releases me, taking his phone out in the process.

"Hello?!" he says, a little angrily.

"Jimin? Where are you? And why do you sound so angry?"

"Ah, nothing hyung," Jimin lowers his tone and his ears start turning pink.

I chuckle and starts wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"Um, well, we ran into a problem at the convenience store. I'm with Y/N, don't worry." He looks down at me and grips my shoulder tighter.

"She's fine. Well, we're coming back now. Bye hyung," he ends the call and sighs, turning to me.

"Are you sure you're ok? I know she must've triggered some bad memories."

I nod and lean into him. Jimin gladly pulls me back into him and rewraps his arms around me.

We stay like this for a few more minutes before I interrupt it.

"Jimin? Shouldn't we be heading back?" He hums and moves an arm to press against the back of my head.

"Let's just stay like this for a little longer. Please?"

I chuckle to myself, as Jimin pulls me even closer to him, (if that's possible.)

Almost ten minutes pass before Jimin's phone starts ringing again. He sighs and removes his arms from around me, before answering the call.

"Hello-"

"Jimin! Where the hell are you?! I thought you said you coming back with Y/N?"

"Um, yeah... we're coming. Don't worry hyung," he answer calmly, unfazed by the yelling. If he is, he doesn't show it.

He hangs up and pulls me back into his chest.

Again.

"Jimin... we should really go. They might get angry, especially at you..."

He sighs again and places his chin on my head.

"We'll go soon. I promise. Okay?"

I nod slightly, carefully, so I won't hurt Jimin.

"Okay," he sighs and releases me,"let's go, Y/N."

He takes my hand and leads me out of the alley, making me smile at the gesture. Of course though, I hide it from him, which is unsuccessful.

"Why are you smiling?" Jimin asks, revealing his eye-smile. "Do I make you feel like that?"

I look down at my feet and just let him pull me along with him. He curses, causing me to glance up.

"What's wrong?"

"The masks. I forgot the masks."

He pats his pocket, feeling around for it, cursing again when he doesn't.

"Looks like we'll just have to make a run for it and hope nobody notices," he smiles.

He actually smiled. At a time like this?

Before I can reply, he takes off running, dragging me right behind him.

"Jimin!" I squeal, running behind him.

By the time we reach the building, I'm totally out of breath. I feel like letting out some tears due to the burning sensation.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Jimin asks, noticing my breathing.

He places a hand on the small of my back and starts making circles, which helps steady my breathing.

"You okay now?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

I look up, only to find him staring back at me. He leans down and connects our lips. I smile against them, right before I      wrap my arms around his neck to bring him closer. Our lips start moving against one another, in sync, making me feel tingly on the inside.

"Jimin? Y/N? What are you guys- Oh my god."