3

DISCLAIMER: I changed the dialogue and story layout because it's easier and less confusing. *You'll see what I mean when you start reading*

After the boy's volleyball practice finished, (Y/N) and Itō began to gather their things and walk towards the front doors of the gym. Itō didn't really enjoy watching the boy's volleyball practice because she wasn't sure what was going on. However, (Y/N) did because she already knew a lot about the sport. So, (Y/N) ended up explaining all of the rules and the different types of positions in volleyball to Itō because she genuinely liked watching the sport, just not playing.

(Y/N) was also enjoyed watching because she not only got to watch the number two ace in the entire country, Sakusa Kiyoomi, but also the number 1 libero in the entire country, Komori Motoya.

(Y/N): "Hey Itō, don't you think it's kinda interesting the Sakusa and Komori happen to be on the same team."

Itō: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "You know, since Sakusa is the number two ace and Komori is the number 1 libero. Like, what are the chances of that happening?"

Itō: "Umm, I guess."

(Y/N): She doesn't care. "Let's just go meet Eri at the front of the school."

Itō: "Oh wait, (Y/N)"

(Y/N): "Yeah?"

Itō: "A girl is trying to get your attention."

(Y/N): "Huh?"

(Y/N) turned around and saw a girl with long black hair waving to her. After the girl noticed that she got (Y/N)'s attention, she began to jog towards her. Once the girl got closer, (Y/N) realized that she was pretty tall. She had to be at least 181 cm (about 5 ft 10 inches). (Y/N) also realized that she was probably a 3rd year because she looked very mature.

Mai: "Hi! My name is Mai and I'm a 3rd year."

(Y/N): Knew it.

Mai: "I'm also the manager of the boy's volleyball team."

(Y/N): "That's nice. My name is (Y/N) and I'm a 1st year. This is my friend Itō."

Itō: "It's nice to meet you. I'm also a 1st year."

Mai: "It's nice to meet you guys."

Y/N: "So, what can we help you with?"

Mai: "Well, actually, I've been looking for a 1st year that would be interested in becoming a manager for the boy's volleyball team alongside me."

(Y/N) and Itō look at each other: "Okay...."

Mai: "And the person I would like to ask is you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "No."

Mai: "Huh? Why not?"

(Y/N): "I have to focus on my schoolwork right now because if I fail any of my classes, I will loose my academic scholarship."

Mai: "Wow, that's rough. But, it's okay if you can't join. I understand. However, if you ever find have time to become a manager, just let me know."

(Y/N): "Why do you want me to be the manager? Any girl would probably be excited to take that position because of Sakusa." (Y/N) pointed to the girls sitting on the bleachers still staring at Sakusa.

Mai: "Well you see, that's the problem. They only want to become the manager because of Sakusa. They don't actually care about the sport or know the basic rules of volleyball, unlike you."

(Y/N): "How did you know that about me?"

Mai: "Oh, while I was walking out of the gym to refill the boys' water, I overheard you explaining the rules to Itō. It sounded like you actually care about volleyball."

(Y/N): "Oh. I just think it's a fun sport to watch and my best friend is actually on the girls' volleyball team."

Mai: "That's amazing! Well, I understand why you can't join right now. But, I really want there to be another manager to take over after I leave this year."

(Y/N): "I'll think about it, okay?"

Mai: "Really!?!" Mai quickly grabbed both of (Y/N)'s hands and pulled them closer to her. "If you ever want to become a manager just let me know and if you ever just want to try it out because you're unsure, you can stop by at the gym anytime."

(Y/N): "Thanks. We have to go now because one of my friends is waiting for us at the front of the school."

Mai: "Oh okay. Bye guys!"

(Y/N) and Itō walked out of the gym and towards the front of the school.

Itō: "You know, I heard a little bit about Mai before."

(Y/N) turned to her and gave her a face that read, what did you hear?

Itō: "Apparently, she doesn't let anyone become a manager. Whenever someone asks, usually one of Sakusa's fans, she would just reject them. It got to a point where no one would even bother asking anymore because she would just reject them. People also started to spread rumors about her that she didn't let anyone join because she wanted Sakusa all to herself. But, I guess that was just a lie."

(Y/N): "You know, maybe I will become the manager. I think it will be nice."

Itō: "I think it's a pretty good idea."

Eri: "Hey! Guys! What took you so long?"

Eri was already at the front gate waiting to go home.

(Y/N): "Sorry. We were talking to the manager of the boys' volleyball team, Mai."

Eri: "Oh. Itō you're interested in joining?"

Itō: "Hmm? Oh no. Actually Mai was asking (Y/N) if she would be interested in joining."

Eri: "Oh...(Y/N), you're not gonna join, right?"

(Y/N): "Actually, I was thinking about joining."

Eri: "Really? But you didn't want to join the girls' volleyball team. Why do you want to join the boys? Plus, what about your schoolwork?"

(Y/N): "I didn't want to become an actual player but being a manager sounds nice. I didn't realize I could become a manager, but when Mai asked, I thought it might actually be nice. I just need to figure out how I'm going to organize my schoolwork and volleyball practice."

Eri: "Oh, okay."

(Y/N): "Is something wrong?"

Eri smiled: "Of course not! I'm glad that you're finally joining a club!"

Itō: "I'm just worried about what Sakusa's crazy fangirls will do when they find out that you're the new manager."

Eri: "Don't worry (Y/N)! If any of them gives you problems, I'll beat them up!"

Itō: "Haha! I guess I don't have to worry about anything. Well, my house is in the opposite direction, so I will see you guys tomorrow. Bye!"

Eri: "Bye!"

(Y/N): "See ya tomorrow!"

Eri and (Y/N) began to walk back home. Throughout the walk, they talked about how their classes were, the people at school, and how nice the school itself was. Once they got home, they separated and went into their own rooms to complete their homework and to change out of their school uniforms.

Afterward, they ate dinner together. When they were done, they got ready for bed and then went to sleep.