21

After about forty minutes, (Y/N) and Sakusa met up in the hotel's lobby. (Y/N) thought that they would meet about ten minutes after practice was over, but Sakusa's shower took a lot longer than expected. (Y/N) didn't really mind though because when they greeted eachother, she could smell the lavender and peppermint scent radiating off of him.

(Y/N): So, what restaurant did you pick for our date?

Sakusa: It's called Ebisoba Ichigen. It got pretty good reviews online and it's cheap. Plus, from the pictures I saw of it, it looks clean.

(Y/N): Sounds good. How far away is it?

Sakusa: About 3 and half blocks north of the hotel. We can just walk there.

(Y/N): Okay.

As they were walking out of the hotel, they saw Tendou and Ushijima.

(Y/N): Hey Tendou.

Tendou: Hellooooo. Where are you two off to?

(Y/N): We're going out to a resturant.

Sakusa put his arm around (Y/N) and glared at Tendou.

Sakusa: We're going on a date.

Tendou put up his hands in a defensive manor and laughed.

Tendou: I'm just trying to make conversation. Oh, (Y/N). Have you met the amazing Wakatoshi yet?

(Y/N): Uhh, no not yet.

(Y/N) turned to Ushijima and bowed, and Ushijima did the same.

(Y/N): I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you.

Ushijima: I'm Ushijima. Nice to meet you.

Tendou: You guys are so polite.

Sakusa: (Y/N), we should probably get going.

(Y/N): Okay. See ya later guys.

As they were leaving, Sakusa slightly bowed at Ushijima and just glared at Tendou.

Tendou: I feel like Sakusa doesn't like me.

Ushijima: ?

AT THE RESTAURANT

(Y/N) and Sakusa took seats closest to the window. There were about four other people there. They all looked like government workers.

Sakusa: What do you want to get?

(Y/N): Shrimp soup with pork and miso sounds nice. How 'bout you?

Sakusa: Probably the same thing. But with soy sauce instead of miso.

(Y/N): Okay. Sounds good.

Sakusa called the waitress over and ordered their food. Afterwards, there was a bit of silence. This made (Y/N) feel a little awkward, so she ended up drinking half her water to pass the time. She didn't feel as nervous as she thought she would. She thought that bumping into Tendou and Ushijima calmed her down a bit.

Sakusa: Were you that thirsty?

(Y/N): Hmm? Oh,i guess so.

Sakusa: Do you know how our team is being divided for tomorrow?

(Y/N): I'm not sure. I think that the coach should be getting an email soon that says what teams you guys are going to be divided into though.

Sakusa: Okay. Where are you going to go after the teams get divided?

(Y/N): I'll probably just stay with you. I don't think that should be a problem, right?

Sakusa: I'm fine with that.

(Y/N): I think Mai said that she was going to try and stay with the first-years.

Sakusa: I hope I don't get put in team with annoying people.

(Y/N): No one here is annoying. Wouldn't it be nice if you got put in the same team as Bokuto or Tendou?

Sakusa: Ugh, anyone but them.

(Y/N): Haha, they're not that bad.

Sakusa made a disgusted face.

(Y/N): Don't look at me like that.

After about twenty minutes, they finished their food. (Y/N) reached for her wallet to split the meal, but Sakusa stopped her.

(Y/N): I don't mind paying.

Sakusa: I asked you out so it's only fair that I pay. It would be different if you asked me out or if we just happened to find this place while hanging out.

(Y/N): Oh, okay. Thanks.

Sakusa: Don't mention it.

After Sakusa was done paying, they made their way to a park. Once they made it, they noticed that there was an desert stand outside the park.

(Y/N): Oooo, let's go get some mochi! I'll pay.

Sakusa: Okay.

(Y/N) bought six, three for her and three for Sakusa. They eventually found a bench to sit on and eat their mochi. But Sakusa was still hesitant so (Y/N) had to lay down some napkins before he sat down.

(Y/N) ended up eating all of her mochi a lot quicker than Sakusa, so he gave her his other two. He didn't really mind because he didn't like the flavors of those two that much anyways.

Once they were done eating, they started to walk around the park. They talked about school, more specifically what they planned on doing after high school.

(Y/N): I'm probably just going to go to college and then get a job right after I'm done.

Sakusa: Which college?

(Y/N): I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I want to stay in the Tokyo area or go somewhere else.

Sakusa: Do you have any idea what jobs you want?

(Y/N): I might become a translator since it pays well and businesses are also looking for one. What do you plan on doing?

Sakusa: I'm debating whether or not to go straight into volleyball or attend college while playing volleyball on the side.

(Y/N): I vote for the second option. It's more practical.

Sakusa: That's true. I'm still going to think it over.

(Y/N): We should probably get going. It's getting kinda late.

Sakusa: Okay.

(Y/N) began to walk back to the hotel, but Sakusa just stood there.

(Y/N): Umm, are you coming?

Sakusa: Aren't we supposed to kiss after a date.

(Y/N) started to feel her face heat up.

(Y/N): Uhh, no...maybe...sometimes...depends on the mood...

Sakusa: It's okay if you don't want to.

Sakusa began to walk but looked a little upset. (Y/N) tugged on the bottom of his shirt to get his attention.

(Y/N): I don't mind if we kiss...

Sakusa's eyes shot up and he quickly leaned towards (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N): He sure is eager.

Sakusa then pressed his lips against (Y/N)'s. His lips were extremely soft and (Y/N) felt like she was about to melt into the kiss. The kissed lasted about three seconds. Afterwards, Sakusa grabbed (Y/N)'s hand.

Sakusa: Let's head back now.