24

A/N: I know that I have been really awful at updating my stories lately. It's just that my classes this semester are taking up a lot of my time. But, I'm going to try and update more frequently. I really want to wrap this story up so I'm going finish this part and end the story before they go to nationals. すみません!😓 Also, I hope that makes sense.

(Y/N) sat on the bleachers and watched the game between both of the teams. And although everyone seemed like amazing players, the short orange haired guy took her by surprised and she was constantly watching him. Especially when he spiked.

(Y/N): How can he jump that high and run so fast? That's not normal...

While (Y/N) was having a mental conversation with herself, she didn't notice Bokuto walking up to you.

Bokuto: Hey, hey, hey!

(Y/N) jumped back a little and looked back and forth between him and the volleyball court.

(Y/N): Uhhh, no offense, but shouldn't you be over there?

Bokuto: It's fine. Right now, I don't have to be on the court.

(Y/N): Okay...

Bokuto: Isn't Akaashi an amazing setter?

(Y/N): Huh? Oh, I guess. I haven't really been watching him.

Bokuto: You've probably been watching me right?

(Y/N): No, I've actually been watching the short guy over there.

Bokuto: Oh...Hinata.

She then watched as Bokuto started to become dejected.

(Y/N): Hey? Are you okay.

Bokuto: Yeah...I'm fine...

(Y/N) looked at him and couldn't believe what was happening in front of her. She took a deep breath and then smiled at Bokuto.

( Y/N): Don't worry! I know you're an amazing player!

Bokuto's eyes lit up and he seemed to be back to normal. Maybe even better than normal.

Bokuto: I'm actually one of the top 5 aces in the country.

Bokuto looked at (Y/N) like he was waiting for her to praise him.

(Y/N): That's amazing Bokuto!

Before he could continue, he was called back to the court.

Bokuto: I have to go back now. Watch me spike though!

(Y/N): Uhh, sure.

After Bokuto left, (Y/N) continued to watch the game. There were a couple of rounds and in the end, it was a tie. 2-2. (Y/N) thought that Sakusa's team was going to win, but after having that short conversation with Bokuto, Bokuto seemed to be functioning at 110%.

(Y/N): Maybe Sakusa will have better luck in the afternoon.

Sakusa was currently talking to Ushijima and Kiryu. It was kinda weird to see the top 3 aces all in the same room but (Y/N) shrugged it off. She then started to get up and make her way to the bathroom. She would have told Sakusa where she was going but he seemed pretty invested in his conversation with the other aces.

After she was done using the bathroom and walking out the door. She bumped into someone. It was the short orange haired guy.

Hinata: I'm so sorry!

(Y/N): It's no big deal. I saw you playing earlier actually. You were pretty impressive.

Hinata lit up and slightly blushed because he had never been complimented by a girl outside of his family.