20

After everyone was done with lunch, they made their way to court C. (Y/N) and Sakusa lagged behind everyone else because Sakusa wanted to wash his hands for five minutes and persuaded (Y/N) to do the same thing.

Sakusa: Don't you feel better, now that you've washed your hands.

(Y/N): Umm, I guess?

Sakusa: It's very important to wash your hands.

(Y/N): Yes, yes. I know.

Sakusa: Do you want to go on a date after we're done playing against Inarizaki?

(Y/N): Huh?!?

Sakusa: Instead of eating dinner in the cafeteria, we can go somewhere else.

(Y/N): Wait, Sakus-

Sakusa: We would have to pick some place clean though.

(Y/N): Saku-

Sakusa: I don't know any places near by that are clean enough to my standards. I will have to look that up later.

(Y/N): Sakusa!

Sakusa: What? You don't want to go on a date?

(Y/N): No, that's not it. It's just that you asked that question out of nowhere.

Sakusa: Komori said that it was a good idea to ask you out on a date every once in a while and thought that this training camp would be a good time to do so.

(Y/N): Don't you think you might be a little too busy?

Sakusa: That's why I said that we should go during dinner time since we don't have to do anything.

(Y/N): Uhh.

Sakusa: Does that not sound like a good idea?

(Y/N): No it does! We just have to figure where we want to go.

Sakusa: I'll look it up later and tell you what I find.

(Y/N): Alright.

For the rest of the walk to court C, Sakusa continued talking as if nothing had happened, while (Y/N) could literally feel her heart beating out of her chest. She has never been on a date before and was extremely nervous.

When they made it to the court, Sakusa was immediately called over by the coach. (Y/N) decided to walk over to Mai and ask her some questions such as, "what are you supposed to do on date?", "do you have to give the other person anything special?", "are you expected to do anything?"

While she was walking, she was so caught up with her own thoughts that she didn't even notice that there were two people in front of her and ended up bumping into them.

(Y/N): My bad! I should've been paying more attention.

Atsumu: Don't worry about it.

(Y/N) looked up at saw two identical faces.

(Y/N): These must be the twins that Komori was telling me about earlier.

Osamu: You're staring.

(Y/N): Huh? Oh my bad!

Atsumu: I get it. We're attractive. I'm more attractive than this guy though.

Osamu rolled his eyes.

(Y/N): Uhh, it's actually because someone told me about you guys before. You guys are the Miya twins, right?

Atsumu: You would be correct. I'm Atsumu and this is Osamu.

Osamu: It's nice to meet you.

(Y/N): Nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N). I actually have to leave now. It was nice meeting you guys.

(Y/N) then continued to make her way to Mai.

(Y/N): Osamu is nice. Atsumu was a little full of himself.

Mai: There you are (Y/N). I was wondering how long I was going to have to wait for you.

(Y/N): Hey, sorry for making you wait. Can I ask you a couple of questions though?

Mai: Sure.

(Y/N): What are you supposed to do on a date?

Mai: ...

(Y/N): You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Mai: Nah, it's fine. Did Sakusa just ask you on one?

(Y/N): Yeah and I'm kinda a newbie when it comes to these kinds of things.

Mai: I don't really know a lot about dates either, but I've read my fair share of shoujo manga so I know what I'm talking about.

(Y/N): Okay. I don't think that makes you qualified though.

Mai: What do you guys plan on doing on this date?

(Y/N): Were planning on eating out. I don't know if he wants to do anything else.

Mai: You guys should go to a park afterwards and walk around, that would be nice. Even for a germaphobe like Sakusa.

(Y/N): Got it.

Mai: You just have to act like you normally do. You'll be fine.

(Y/N): Okay. Am I expected to do anything?

Mai: No. You are not expected to anything. Just do what you want and what you are comfortable with on this date.

(Y/N): But what if Sakusa wants t-

Mai: Kick him in the balls.

(Y/N): ...

Mai: ...

(Y/N): But-

Mai: Kick him in the balls.

(Y/N): Bu-

Mai: Kick him in the balls.

(Y/N): B-

Mai: Kick him the balls.

(Y/N): Are you sur-

Mai: Yes.

(Y/N): Alright...

Mai: Any other questions?

(Y/N): I don't think so.

Mai: Don't be nervous. It's completely normal to go on dates.

(Y/N): Okay.

Mai: Now, let's take notes on this match. 'Kay? You take notes on our team and I will take notes on Inarizaki.

(Y/N): Got it.

AFTER THE PRACTICE MATCHES

Itachiyama won two out of the five matches.

Mai: We didn't do that good...

(Y/N): It was good learning experience and when it comes to nationals, we will definitely win.

Mai: That's a very optimistic.

(Y/N): But it's true.

(Y/N) and Mai continued talking, until Sakusa came up to them.

Sakusa: Can I talk to (Y/N) alone?

Mai: Sure.

Once Mai was gone, Sakusa turned to (Y/N).

Sakusa: I found a place we could eat.

(Y/N): Okay. Can we also walk around afterwards, maybe at a park?

Sakusa: Sure. I think there's a park near the restaurant that we can go to.

(Y/N): Great! We still have time so we can go back to the hotel and get changed before we go, if you want.

Sakusa: I want to take a shower before we go.

(Y/N): Alright. We can meet up in the lobby of the hotel afterwards.

Sakusa: Okay. Do you have all your things?

(Y/N): Not yet. You can go on without me.

Sakusa nodded and walked away.

After (Y/N) was done packing her stuff up, she turned to Mai and gave her thumbs up before heading to the hotel.