9

Once Eri and (Y/N) parted ways, (Y/N) was greeted by Itō.

Itō: Goodmorning!

(Y/N): Goodmorning.

Itō: How was the volleyball practice yesterday?

(Y/N): It went well. I am officially the new boys' volleyball team's manager.

Itō: That's quite a mouthful.

(Y/N):  Euh. I'm excited to be the new manager though. All the players seem nice.

Itō: Even Sakusa?

(Y/N): Yeah, he was nice to talk to and he forgave me for knocking him down yesterday.

Itō: That's surprising.

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Itō: He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to forgive someone after they knocked them to the ground. Especially since he is a germaphobe.

(Y/N): I guess. But maybe you should stop listening to the rumors people spread about him and just talk to him. He really isn't that bad of a guy.

Itō: Fair point.

(Y/N) and Itō continued to talk until the teacher walked into class and began the lessons. Today's lessons weren't that bad and were actually kind of interesting so (Y/N) didn't have a hard time paying attention, taking notes, and completing the classwork.

Lunchtime

(Y/N) and Itō began to grab their lunches and head towards Eri's classroom. But then, Itō pointed out the classroom window and caught (Y/N)'s attention.

Itō: I don't think we'll be able to eat outside today.

(Y/N) looked out the window and saw that it was beginning to rain. The rain quickly started downpouring harder and harder.

(Y/N): Yeah, I don't think so either.

Itō: Where are we going to eat now?

(Y/N): We can always just eat in a classroom or in the cafeteria. I'm fine with whatever.

Itō: Okay, same here. We can let Eri decide since we don't really care where we eat.

(Y/N) nodded and walked out of her classroom with Itō. Once they were halfway to Eri's classroom, they were both stopped by the same girls from the previous day.

Mina: I heard that you're the new manager for the boys' volleyball team.

(Y/N): Yep.

Mina: How did you get the position?

(Y/N): I was asked.

Mina: I bet you bribed the coaches or threatened Mai.

(Y/N): Nope.

(Y/N) kept her answers short and had an emotionless face while Mina was talking to her. This seemed to annoy Mina because she wanted to get under (Y/N)'s skin and get her mad.

(Y/N) really didn't want to talk to Mina or her little gang after what happened yesterday because she doesn't want to say the wrong thing and end up getting in trouble.

Mina: I bet you're just going to hit on Sakusa and ignore everyone else on the team.

(Y/N): Nope.

Mina and (Y/N) continued to go back and forth. Mina would say something rude and then (Y/N) would just respond with one word. Eventually, Mina gave up and walked away from (Y/N) and Itō.