16

After Volleyball Practice

Mai: Hey (Y/N), are you free right now?

(Y/N): Yeah, why?

Mai: I wanted to go shopping and buy a gift for the coach.

(Y/N): Is his birthday coming up?

Mai: Not really...

Mai looked around the gym to make sure no one was listening.

Mai: Don't share any of the information I'm about to tell you, got it? Don't even tell Sakusa.

(Y/N): Okay...Must be important.

Mai: So, I overheard the coach on the phone before practice and apparently he's planning a trip to a training camp that's taking place this weekend.

(Y/N): And?

Mai: This training camp isn't any normal training camp. It's the Annual National Japanese Volleyball Training Camp.

(Y/N): Never heard of it.

Mai hit (Y/N) on the head.

Mai: Have you been living under a rock?!?

(Y/N): I'm sorry!

Mai: This training camp is a huge event in the volleyball world because players from famous teams like the MSBY Black Jackals and the Schweiden Adlers come and help train the high school volleyball teams there.

(Y/N): Ah...

Mai: Your lack of excitement concerns me.

(Y/N): Is it just for male volleyball teams?

Mai: No, girl teams also participate.

(Y/N): I wonder if Eri is going.

Mai: (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hmm.

Mai: Only a limited amount of teams across Japan are allowed to go.

(Y/N): That make sense. If everyone was allowed to go, it would be pretty chaotic.

Mai: Ugh, you're missing the point. Do you know how difficult it must have been for the coach to get our team to take part in the training camp?

(Y/N): Difficult?

Mai: Exactly. That's because every team in the nation wants to go there. Don't get me started on all the expenses. That's why I want to buy him a gift.

(Y/N): Do you know any other teams that are going to this training camp?

Mai: Nope. But you know, we can check their website.

(Y/N): They have a website?

Mai hit (Y/N) on the head, again.

Mai: We just went over how big this event is! Of course they have a website!

(Y/N): I never knew Mai could get this violent.

Mai: Anyways, on the website they usually list the teams that are going to be attending.

Mai pulled out her phone and starting to look up the teams that are going.

Sakusa: (Y/N).

Mai: AHH!

Mai dropped her phone and quickly tried to hide her screen from Sakusa.

Mai: Don't you have any manners?!

Sakusa gave her a confused look.

Sakusa: I came here for (Y/N), not you.

Mai: Excuse me?