XVI

Adjusting the cuffs of his suit jacket, Seokjin sucked in a breath of cold air

Adjusting the cuffs of his suit jacket, Seokjin sucked in a breath of cold air. The elevator chimed, halting to a stop before the wide metal doors slid open, making way for the blonde CEO to step out from the small space, striding confidently with his head held high directly into his private office. The room was spacious, occupying the corner of the building with floor-to-ceiling windows giving him views in two directions: Fifth Avenue to the east which showed a clear view of Hoseok's cafe in the distance, and a view to the north a few blocks down being Aurora and Yoongi's apartment complex. The two remaining walls contained a door, a low bookshelf and a single oil painting - a vase of flowers by Vincent van Gogh.

Flattening his still slightly tousled hair, Seokjin tried his best to look presentable entering the office, only to be greeted by the drab 'Good afternoons' of his staff. He could tell they were less pleased to see him then the tax man. So trying to lighten the sour mood, Seokjin told a joke, he always did when he entered the office, but this time none of them even laughed. He sank a little inside his suit and sweat began to blossom under his attire as he realised that they'd be even less pleased when he informed them of his leave. So with a sigh, he waved them off with assignments one by one, seeing them out the door before heading over to his cluttered desk, leaning up against the glass surface before his office phone began to ring. 

"Here we go." he groaned, wondering why he ever took such a demanding job as a publishing company CEO in the first place. To be honest, it was more of a job he saw an acquaintance of his being good at. 

Running a hand through his now messily styled hair, Seokjin picked up a pen in one hand whilst answering the phone with the other, resting the phone between his ear and his shoulder as he began to quickly take notes for the day, giving out instructions every so often to workers entering through the office doors.  

"Yes... yes I need todays copies on my desk pronto!" he exclaimed, quickly sliding a couple of notes across the desk and taking them into his hands, "No don't tell me you can't get them until tomorrow, I need them no later then mid afternoon today!" he commanded, licking his thumb as he began to flick through his documents, "No- yes... I have business to tend to this month so I need to make sure everything is good before I le-" Seokjin paused at the sight of his secretary entering through his office doors, clad in a tight fitting pencil skirt as she carried a plate full of muffins with an uneasy smile. 

Seokjin rolled his eyes, lowering the phone and covering it with a hand, "Mam, I'm sorry but I'm allergic to strawberry flavouring, can you switch it out for vanilla?" he explained, earning a wide eyed stare from the female before she quickly turned on her heels and dashed out the door. 

Shaking his head, Seokjin rose the phone back up to his ear, "Sorry-" he uttered, picking up a new stack of documents, "You were saying?" as he began to slide a pen towards him, he gave a nod of satisfaction, "Yes, my desk today, pronto." he breathed, quickly ending the call as soon as he knew it was right to do so.