chapter 2

MADDIE POV
"Jen, I have to tell you something" I said to Jen while i waited beside her locker for her, heading to lunch.

"Yes?" she looked at me with confusion on her face.

"Let's go find Gabe" i said to her while grabbing her hand and pulling her with me. We entered the canteen and saw Gabe waiting for us at our usual spot. She sat beside him and i sat on the other side of them so I could see them both.

"Maddie you're scaring me, please just talk!" Jen said playing with her hands, she always did that when she was nervous. Gabe knew that so he placer his hands on hers to calm her down then looked at me. "Maddie?"

i let out a deep breath and roll my eyes at them. "Geez guys, I'm not pregnant and I'm not dying, calm down!" i take a second thinking how to tell them, "so.. I'm gonna go away from my home."

"What?!" they both said at the same time, "what do you mean 'i'm gonna go away' like you're running away, leaving, what? why?" Jen asked with a worried face.

"Listen, I can't be around her anymore. She's always on my feet, I don't feel loved at all and the only words she says to me are food related or more specific calling me fat. My father is an angel but you both know he's never home, I don't blame him tho, that's why I'm doing the same. I already told Damie, he helped me to get the access to my bank fond so I could have some money because I know that the first thing she'll do is cut me off. I wrote dad a letter because it will come to him later, I actually think he'll understand." I took a deep breath and looked at them both.

"Madison Jade" Jen started "how many times do I have to tell you how beautiful you are for you to believe me? Yes, you got sick, yes, you gained weight, but Maddie, that was 7 years ago, you grew up, that weight is long gone, you may not have a flat stomach or a flat ass, but damn it girl, at least you got some curve and every single person in this school sees how naturally beautiful your body is, no, it's not perfect, far from it, no ones is, but please stop calling yourself fat, you.." she stoped a little holding back her words "you don't want to go through everything once again Madison" Gabe finished for her and Jen nodded.

"I.." i chocked a bit on my sob that i was holding back for a while now "i almost did, few days ago, that's why i'm actually leaving, it's not healthy for me to stay in that house" they both came to each side of me, Gabe hugged me tight with his arm and Jen put her head on my shoulder, "i don't want to hurt myself again because of her" i finished and finally let that tear fall on my cheek. I felt them holding me tighter and we stayed silent for a while.

-

The classes ended so i went to my car and waited for Damie to come.

"Hey sis" he said as he walked into the car.

"Hi D" i said as I sent him a sweet little smile.

"So, what's the plan?" he said and i could see a little bit sadness behind those beautiful eyes of his.

"I already called Tessa and she said that she has a room ready for me, she also has my transfer papers ready" i said looking back down.

"mom will be furious" he said shaking his had.

i snapped "this is exactly why I'm leaving, I'm moving out of the house I lived for 17 years and we both can just think about how mad mom will be, not how sad or worried she will be, because she won't, she'll be mad because people might notice that her freaking family isn't so freaking perfect as everyone thinks it is"

i sighed. "Then why aren't you happy? i thought this is what you wanted?" he asked with curiosity in his face

"it is, i just failed to tell Gabe and Jen that I'm transferring.. I'll tell them tonight when they come over"

"oh, right, your monday evenings, i'm gonna miss overhearing those" he chuckled

"hey!" i punched him in his arm "I'm gonna miss you"

at this point we were already in front of our house but we stayed in the car for a little while

"and I'm gonna miss you sis" he said placing a kiss on my cheek, " but imma be fine since Tessa lives like two subway stops from here" he said and with that we left the car

-
How did you like this part? I hope you figured out that Maddie is a little curvy but still beautiful, she just doesn't see it. She's been hurt before and you're gonna find out how in the future. As well as how the conversation on the monday evening of theirs comes along. Till then, thanx for reading :)