Chapter 13

I heard knocking coming from the other side of the door and froze. I could feel my body linger and suddenly I felt more nervous than ever. Before I knew it, my feet were already making their way to the door and after a few seconds I'm face to face with the door. Staring at them until the knock sound wakes me from my thoughts. I take a deep breath and quickly I'm staring at those gorgeous brown eyes.

I know that people like to compare the eye color to food, like hazel, chestnut etc, but I can't match his eyes with any kind of food, It's brown. I know that doesn't sound like eyes you'd lose your mind to, but I did, as cliche as it sounds, I find myself lost in them. They are deep and full, you can't separate the black from the brown and the contrast with the brown and white brings them out even more. As I open up my door, I'm greeted  with a pair of those gorgeous eyes followed with the smile that sends shivers down my spine. If you expected the regular 'he was leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on', well, sorry to disappoint, but not my Tay. He was standing there, playing with his hands, kind of reminding me of Jess while doing so, and with that I figured that I wasn't the only nervous one here. But why the hell is he nervous? Doesn't he know what kind of effect he has on me? He was just staying there in his dark blue jeans combined with a grey dress shirt. So simply dressed up, but I still found myself staring. I don't know how much time flied by by us just staring at each other, but I lifted my head up again at the sound of the familiar voice coming through.

"like what you see princess?" is. he. for. real? Five words, that's all it took for me to become redder than a tomato. But why Maddie? That's your boyfriend right there, I thought to myself. Now, I'm not saying that I intend to change the effect he has on me, I'm not that powerful and I'm pretty sure that even when we're old and grey, he'll have a power of making me blush so easily. But, what I am saying is, two can play this game Tay.

"I do actually." I say with a wink. Right away I can see him raising his eyebrows at my direct answer, but can you blame him? I'm surprised I don't need alcohol to talk to him like Raj from The Big Bang Theory. Anyways, back on the topic of me trying to be sexy for once. I push the hair from my shoulder back, giving him and open view of my neck, remembering from our heated make out session that it's his weakness. His eyes lingered there for a bit longer until he coughed and averted his eyes to mine, sending me a true grin making me smile right back at him.

"Well, you look beautiful if I may point out" he says and I just send him another smile as a thanks. "Shall we?" He says and brings out his hand to hold mine. Looking back at him and how nicely he's dressed, I become self conscious. What if I'm underdressed? I mean, I did ask him what to wear, I did my research, but he just said to wear whatever feels comfortable. Yeah, right. Shaking the thoughts off, I take his hand in mine and exit the apartment, locking it before we leave.

"Where are we going Tay, you've been so secretive about this, I hate it!" He said nothing but I could see the amused smirk on his face while he's taking me up the stairs. Wait, up the stairs?

"you're taking me to the rooftop?" Due to my overthinking, by the time I actually asked him we were already i front of the rooftop door. But we didn't enter, we stopped and I looked at him to see him nervously placing a hand at the back of his head.

"uh, yeah. I know it's not a fancy restaurant or anything like the girls dream about when they think about a first date, but hear me out," he turned to me taking both of my hands in his "I find that the rooftop is sort of our place, don't you think? But as much as I like the fact that the rooftop somehow brought us closer, I am aware that a lot of tears and bad memories were spilled there, so I thought if we have a first date here and enjoy a beautiful night here, it will bring some laughter and good memories" I just stared at him with my mouth opened, attractive I know. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know that he thought about this so hard, I didn't know that I'll one day be a girl worth impressing, I was in awe but from my lack of words Tay took the worst of it and I realized it when he said "or maybe it's just stupid, it's not too late, we can go to a restaurant if you want, or do whatever you want, I just thought"