Chapter 9

Jake didn't come back that evening. At least not to my knowledge. Once again I was left in the dark and i was getting so tired of it. Charlie, sure there was no way he could know, but me? Me left out? That was even a new low...for both of them.
At the break of dawn i had called Jasper to see if he would have given me some insight, but nothing. It just went straight to voicemail. That's when I made up my mind. I knew Alice was probably seeing my decision unfold but i didn't care. Jake or no Jake I was finding out for myself what the hell was going on and if bella wasn't there...well then maybe Carlisle or Jasper were. I was going to get some answer and I wouldn't leave without them. Even if I had to sleep in my car for days on end. I deserved them.
Pulling the truck into their driveway there was Jake sitting on their front porch. I parked and noticed the placement of his hands. They were running through his black hair. He was on edge...tense.
"I guess you've been here all night?" Jake looked up from his position. There was a deep fear to his eyes, which worried me.
"What are you doing here?"
I marched up to him, "To see where the hell my sister is. Since you didn't bother to tell me last night after you ran off". Jake stood up from his spot and reached out for my hand. His expression was scaring me. Something about it was telling me that whatever i was about to find in their house wasn't good.
"She's here, Alex".
"For how long-"
As Jake opened his mouth to answer my question the front door swung and the two of us were now face to face with Carlisle.
"Alex, its good to see you again-"
"Where is my sister?"
Carlisle glanced at my boyfriend and clenched his teeth. What the hell was going on here? Sensing I was not about to leave Carlisle parted from the door and allowed the two of us to come inside. I kicked off my boots and bolted for the main staircase. I was not heisting for a second Incase Carlisle changed his mind about letting me in. If Bella was really here i was seeing her here and now. Getting up to the second floor both Rosalie and Emmett greeted me. However neither of them wore a smile. The worry began to deepen its roots. The footsteps behind me must have been from Jake. I wasn't about to turn to find out. Seeing Bella was my mission. As I turned the corner Jasper and Edward both came into view. Edward was leaning against the large window staring directly at me with an apologetic look.
I didn't like this.
The air felt so dense. Fragile even.
Like it could shatter at any moment.
"Where is she?" I turned my attention to my brother in law. Edward pressed his lips together and turned away from me. What in the world? Jasper then slowly moved closer to me.
"Alex is that you?"
Bella. She was here. I was right.
Moving in closer to her voice coming from the couch, Rosalie moved from her position at the top of stairs to now blocking my view. Emmett joined close in behind her. Jasper glared at Rose as she glared back at him. That was it. I had had enough of this. They couldn't keep my sister from me any longer. Dammit she was my sister and not theirs.
"Rose please". Esme begged her from behind Jasper. "She's her family".
"Esme's right babe". Emmett agreed laying his hands on her shoulders. Rosa glanced at me then just as fast as she came to this spot she moved out of my way. And when she did my heart stopped beating. There she was. My sister. And yet she wasn't. Bella looked awful. The color had been drained from her entire face, cheeks caved in and dark circles around her eyes. It was like she was dead. No wonder she didn't want us to see her. She smiled as much as she could have and patted the spot next to her. I smiled back with a few tears in my eyes and sat beside her.
    "You and Jake are going to be the death of me, you know". I joked through a few more tears. Bella grabbed my hand.
    "I know that and I'm sorry, but I didn't know how to tell you. Both of you". Bella replied softly glancing back Jake standing behind me.
I shook my head and tightened my grip on her hand, "Everyone gets sick, Bells. Just promise me next time that you'll let me know what is going on, okay?"
Bella sighed and lifted her hand from my grip. Then she looked up at Rose. She moved back to my sister and began to sit her up as I got up from the couch. All at once the blanket, laying across Bella's stomach flew away and my legs gave way as I clapped my hands over my mouth. Jacob had to latch onto my body to keep me from crumbling to the wooden floor. But I wasn't sure if his strength would be enough.
Bella was...
Bella..
No it couldn't be.
It was impossible.
Another cry escaped me as i pulled myself from Jake's grip and dashed out of the room. I needed to get air. I needed to get away from the closing in room. It was suffocating. Outside stumbling I ran back to the truck with tears coating down my face. I slammed the door shut and locked both doors. I wasn't crazy enough to drive in this condition, but I couldn't bare to see any of there faces. Even hers.
I smashed my fist against the dashboard. Dammit. She was so stupid. Why couldnt she just have not done it. Why couldn't she just love Edward the way he was? Why couldnt- I shook my head. No. I was stupid. I should have listened to Jake. We both should have. None of this would have happened if she was more careful and listened to Jake....
Even still Jake warned us that he'd hurt her...kill her even...
But none of that happened.
Instead Edward got my sister.....
Got her pregnant...
It should have been impossible.
Edward was dead. He had no heart beat. No vampire did. The why?
I clenched my teeth. Why couldn't he just tell her no? Why? dammit it all. It was his fault that she was like. And right on cue he made his way out front. To me. I unlocked the doors and stepped out.
    "Why couldn't you just have said no?" I screamed at him as Jasper followed behind.
    "I tried to Alex. I didn't want to hurt her. I couldn't live with myself if I did".
The tears burned against my cheeks.
    "I don't care what you wanted. I want my sister to be safe. Alive!!"
    "I never meant for this to happen".
This was hurting him. It was obvious, but I didn't care.
   "This is all your fault! If Bella never moved here then none of this would be happening!" I shouted at him, "She would alive. Safe. And not...Not carrying whatever it is!" My words were cutting through him and It hurt, but what about the hurt I was feeling? He had done this to my sister and...
I had no idea if she was going to make it...And if she didn't....I didn't know
I shook my head. "Why couldnt any of you at least tell me? She's my only sibling.."
Jasper moved off the porch and over to us.
    "Please, Alex, Edward nor any of us meant to hurt you or her-"
   "And yet you did, Jasper". I wiped the tears from my eyes. I was not about to let Jasper use his ability to calm me down so I had to do it myself.
    "Is there anyway to..."
Edward nodded hesitantly, "Carlisle thinks he can change her at the last minute..."
    "Is that even possible?"
Jasper placed his hand on my arm, trying to reassure me, but there was nothing but saving my sister that could reassure me now.
   "The chances are...slim, but he's hoping he can try". Jasper stated beside me. I wrapped both my arms around me. Then I would hope too. If that was the only thing i had to lean on then I would. Anything to help my sister's chances.
    "I trust Carlisle. If he thinks he can then...Then I believe he can".

Though she's come a long way from how she felt about the Cullen's in book 2, this may change things....stay tuned to find out.
Had a twilight marathon with a friend from when I was going to college (not anymore...for the time being) and her boyfriend and he actually enjoyed the films. He's got a guy crush on Emmett now XD