Chapter 13

After the call with my sister didn't go as planned, I decided not to call or answer anyone's calls from Forks. Charlie was the only exception. I wasn't about to ignore him and let him worry even more then he already was. dammit Bella why did you always have to cause dad pain and nearly give him a heart attack? Hadn't you put him through enough when you left for Italy? I let out a frustrated sigh. Apparently not.
A few days had passed without talking to Jake, bella or any of the other Cullens and it wasn't so bad. Soon it would have been a week since I had left and to be honest my mind was still fuzzy. I had every right to pissed off at both of them. for lying to me yet again. I thought after lying to me about Edward and his family being vampires both of them would have learned not to lie to me. especially Jake. I shook my head. Why the fuck couldn't things be more simpler. Unfortunately they weren't. And I wasn't sure they ever would be.
I probably shouldn't have skipped breakfast, but my stomach didn't feel up to having something to eat this early in the morning. Especially when I couldn't sleep very well last night. No nightmares or dreams plagued my night, but endless thoughts sure as hell did. Just kept tossing and turning trying to get my eyes to shut, but nothing. I basically didn't sleep a wink last night. Not that i could blame my mind for it. A lot had just been dumped on me in the last few weeks.
       Rubbing my eyes awake again I pulled on something comfortable and making my way to the bathroom, something had caught my eyes. Laying on the side table next to the couch was my old scrapbook from high school. Why would Renee just leave this sitting out, for a few weeks while she was down in Florida? Moving closer to it my eyes grazed over the right bottom corner of the page. Me back in middle school dressed up for Halloween. However it was the person standing next to me that grabbed my attention. Hunter Emerson. My best friend here in Phoenix since I was six years old. I let out a laugh breath. It had been ages since I had seen this picture of us. It had felt like ages since I had last seen him. But it hadn't even been a full year since I had left. Though with everything that had gone down in that year, it felt like it lasted a lifetime.
   Maybe this was sign. Maybe I should go see Hunter again. We hadn't talked much in the last year, with him working a lot and his mom sick and me...well...me running with supernatural creatures and all that. It kept us busy. Though I knew both of us had had moments were we could have made time to talk..we just didn't. I guessed it was true what they said. After high school you begin to lose touch. Or in our case I decided to spend my last year of high school in the wettest place in the states.
     His number was still programmed into my phone. I knew that much. I couldn't bring myself to delete it. I let out a breath I had been holding back. I had no idea if he was even still here in Phoenix. He never mentioned going off to college at some point so I crossed my fingers and called his number.
One ring. I let out a breath I had been holding in.
Two rings.
Then three.
Maybe I should have just forgot it. Maybe he's see my number and realized that I wasn't worth it. Or maybe he had ditched my number when we started to drift apart.
"Hello". I bit my lip. He answered.
  "Hi Hunt".
A few seconds of silence then, "well well hey there Alex. Been a bit".
I sighed. "Yeah it has been. How's your mom doing?"
"She's been good. Comfortable as the doctors say, but she's been asking about you. Wanting to know how Forks is treating you". I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness she was doing alright. She had always been so nice too when I'd come over to hangout with Hunter. I was pretty sure for a few months there she was trying to get us together. Though nothing every happened like that between us. Hunter never seemed to like me like that.
     "Not much to tell. Its wet and cloudy pretty much everyday. The sun is a very rare thing". I replied hastily.
     "If I remember correct, didn't your sister move down there?"
Of course. No matter what I did or where I went I couldn't escape my sister. Even with an old friend. Even if the three of us were pretty close back in middle school.
   "Um..yeah she did. Almost two years ago. Its feels like longer most days". wasn't that the truth.
"Long time to live in wet and cloudy town". He chuckled. You have no idea.
"She's umm...actually married now".
"Bella's married? Since when? Isn't she only 19?"
"18 and she got married a few weeks ago"
"Wow. Must have been a shock".
I smirked. You have no idea. And that wasn't even the most shocking part of all of this. though I couldn't tell Hunter. I could never tell him. "It was. Believe me. Charlie wasn't super thrilled about her marrying so young and so soon after meeting Edward, but you remember Bella.."
Hunter laughed, "I do. She was always...different".
I needed to change the subject, "Actually Hunter, I didn't call to talk about my sister or what's in Forks. I actually called to see if you wanted to hangout? I know its been a while, but-"
"Wait, hold up your back in Phoenix?"
"Just got back a few days ago".
"Well then yeah, lets hangout". I smiled. He sounded happy and I was kinda too. "You remember that small ice cream shop by the ballet studio?"
"Couldn't forget it".
"Great then how about tomorrow afternoon? Need a ride?"
"Sounds good and yes".
I was glad that he couldn't see my face. Cause this big grin on my face would be a dead give away for how excited I was.
"Great. Then I'll see you tomorrow, Alex".
I nodded and then hung up. Then I let out a breath or two that I had been holding in this whole times. That went much better then I had thought in my head. And for that I was hopefully.
                   I also knew that Hunter would ask more about Forks and my life there. I wanted to be fully open with him about it all. just get every off my chest without someone who wasn't biased, but I also knew that I couldn't tell Hunter anything. It wasn't my secrets to tell and I couldn't do that to either Jake or Bella. I was part of both of their worlds and each world had its own rules.
With Jake I was a member of the pack. Not by blood, but by bond. And with the Cullen's I was family. Edward was my brother in law and in Carlisle's eyes that made me part of the coven, event if the Volturi didn't approve. They couldn't hurt me, at least not according to Carlisle. Either way I wasn't about to bring Hunter into their worlds against his will. I wouldn't and couldn't do that to anyone. It brought me enough pain as it was. I didn't need to give it anyone else. Let alone someone I cared about.

Another chapter done. I wanted to explore Alex role in both the worlds and mention how the Volturi feel about her, and that will come into play later on in the story as well. I have plans for that ;)
I hope you guys are having a good week. Keep the BLM movement going and I will see you guys with another chapter soon.