Chapter 32

The drive back was nerve wrecking. I didn't want to go back to the house and just sit on my ass, a miserable wreck, but I didn't have a choice. There was nothing I could do, but wait until Jake, Edward, or someone else came to see me. As I turned the corner, standing on all fours in the middle of the road was a large golden brown wolf. I slammed on my breaks and stared dead straight at it. And again the tears flowed.
Jake...
He was alive...
I cupped my hands over my mouth and whimpered.
He was here.
He was safe.
And he was right in front of me.
It had to be him.
His black eyes stared back at me and he did so for what felt like a lifetime before he then jumped into the woods. Taking off towards...
I slammed my foot on the gas petal and bolted towards Charlie's.
He was running in that direction. He had to be. There was no other explanation. he was running to see me. To hold me. To tell him that he was alive. The joyous screams and breaths that came out of me were too much to care about. I didnt care if I looked like a mess. Jake was alive and that's all that mattered right now.
I pulled the car into the driveway and there he was...sitting on the front porch, of course only dressed in shorts and his favorite sneakers. I parked, turned off the car and bolted from it. No hesitation I rushed to him and jumped into his arms.
"Your alive!" I exclaimed as the tears continued to fall. Jake wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him.
"I'm here, Alex. I'm not going anywhere". Jake met my eyes and smashed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. The taste of his lips against mine, the feel of his warmth, just his presence sent my body on fire.
He was back. He was really here.
Wait...did that mean..
"Bella! Edward!" I pulled away.
Jake smiled and cupped my face in his hands. "There all okay. Everyone is".
The breath I didnt know I had been holding in, for so long, was released.
"that's wonderful!". I grinned. Jake smiled back and brushed his lips against mine ever so gently this time.
    "The Volturi!" I gasped. "What happened?"
Jake sighed then he touched his fore ahead to mine. "Later. I just want to see you again and enjoy this". He replied. I sighed, but nodded. He would tell him eventually, we had all the time, but right now he wanted to enjoy seeing me again and my company and I couldn't agree more with him.
Hours ago I had thought....we both thought that this could potentially be the end. that we'd never see each other's again...that I'd never see Bella, Edward or any of the Cullens or wolves again...but here we were now. Everyone was alive. Safe. And that's what mattered. Jake being alive. Here with me again...that mattered.
And that's what we did for the rest of the afternoon. Jake didn't leave once or let me out of his arms. We laid on my bed, his arms around me and me curled up into his body, with layers of warmth surrounding me. A perfect way to spend a day.
   Jake did eventually tell me everything. Aro had believed them, even after meeting Renesmee and seeing her visions. He just didn't care. Until Alice and Jasper came. Hearing that they were back was reassuring. I had missed them. especially Jasper. He had become like a brother to me and I didn't want him to not be apart of my life anymore. Alice, apparently had found another half human, half vampire boy, living in out his life. He reached a certain age, but then stopped. He would never grow any older....like a normal vampire. But he could also function was a human. He could drink blood and eat normal human foods. he was proof that Renesmee would be fine. That she could live her life as both. That she could live with her mother and father for the rest of eternity.
Aro, still seemed suspicious to Jake and the rest of them it appeared. While the did leave with no fight he still had his sights on the Cullens. No doubt for Alice's gift and maybe Bella's. Hers was rare apparently. At least from what Carlisle told me. It all made sense now. Why Edward couldn't read her thoughts.
A small sliver of her gift was leaking throughout her mind. That whole area of vampires gifts fascinated me. The very fact that your gift was linked to a human trait you had was interesting. Though I was never going to become a vampire....it be interesting to see what mine would be. If I even got one. It wasn't common for vampires to develop gifts. Most didn't. From what Carlisle had told me. Only those that had a unique human trait did. It developed and enhanced itself when turned. Edwards ability to read peoples faces, Bella's ability to be a closed book...it fit.
"When Charlie gets back you should tell him". Jake stated, running his fingers through my hair.
"We should tell him". I suggested meeting his warm eyes. "If were going to do this, were going to do it right". Jake smiled and brushed his lips against my forehead.
"And were telling everyone else too". I added.
Jake grinned, "the pack wont shut up about it. That includes Emily. She'll be thrilled".
I smiled. "Probably say I told you so".
Jake let out a laugh. "Probably".
"Bella and Edward already know, but I told them to keep quiet".
Jake sighed, "So I found out. He congratulated me".
I nudged my head in closer to his chest.
"Having my once enemy congratulate me about being engaged to his wife's sister, who I used to have a thing for is...."
I burst out laughing, "So weird and awkward".
Jake smiled.
"So awkward".
"So were in agreement then? We're telling everyone then?"
Jake nodded his head.
"Should be interesting".
"Alice I know will be bombarding me with a million questions and begging me to let her plan it all".
Jake chuckled. "Bella got no break, don't think you will either, babe".
I let out a defeated groan, "your probably right".
Then it was decided. there was no Turing back now. It was time everyone knew what the next year held for us and for all of us. I knew Alice would be in full wedding planner mode. Making all the designs and decisions herself. There was no one to stop her. From Bella's wedding, not even Jasper stopped her. I was sure Charlie would be happy about me finally being happy and I was sure he'd be more then happy to welcome Jake officially into the family. He practically already thought of him as family. Of course the pack would be thrilled about it. Emily would be overjoyed I knew that for certain. There was a lot to do just by telling everyone...but that was nothing compared to the actual planning. That part I was not so thrilled about having to do. However with Alice, Bella and Jake there by my side step by step I could do this. We could do this.
Together.
Me and Jake could do this.

Just one chapter to go, then the epilogue (Which is the wedding) AHHHHH so exciting!!