Chapter 33

Charlie got back shortly after everything went down. He and Sue really seemed to be at a good spot and I was happy fro them. Before telling Charlie, I wanted to get him alone, so I asked Sue if I could tell him alone. She happily agreed, with a congratulations to me and Jake. I also asked her if she'd help me with the planning and she was more then happy to. I knew it made her happy to be part of it and it sorta made me happy to. She was family now. No matter what.
When I broke the news to Charlie he appeared to be more shocked then I thought he would be.
     "Engaged?"
I nodded my head.
    "Are you mad?"
He shook hie head at me. I let out a sigh. That was a relief. "I'm just....worried".
I raised an eyebrow at him, "Worried? Why?"
Charlie sighed, then took a sip of his beer, "Jacob is...well. He turned into an animal"
    "Wolf".
     "Fine a wolf. Isn't that a lot to handle?"
So he wasn't worried about how we felt towards each other. He was more worried about Jake being a werewolf. I let out a sigh and placed a hand on his shoulder.
    "Ive known for a long time". His eyes widened as he looked up at me. "At first it was...difficult to wrap my head around it, but...I love Jake, dad and if him being a wolf is what I have to deal with for the rest of my life then Ill do it. I'll do it for him". He hesitated for a while. He was most likely thinking about it and contemplating what to say next.
    "Jacob is a good kid". He finally replied with a slight smile.
I blushed lightly, "he really is".
    "Does your sister know?"
    "No. She doesn't. I still have to tell her and the other Cullens". He nodded his head.
    "Does your mom know?"
I shook my head. "I wanted to tell you first".
    "I see".
    "I know you weren't too keen on Bella marrying Edward, but-"
Charlie stood up from the kitchen table, "I am not the biggest fan of him, but he makes her happy. I know Jake makes you happy and Im happy that he makes you feel that way. Jacob is a good kid. He just better treat you good or-"
I smiled, "or you'll shoot him cause your a cop and have a gun?"
Charlie chuckled then placed a hand on shoulder. "Yup".
   "Just promise me you wont give him a hard time, please".
   "Ive known that kid for years". He chuckled. I groaned as he started to leave the kitchen.
   "Dad, please". I shouted out after him. No response I shook my head and wondered if Jake was having issues with telling the pack. I had made the decision to not go with. As much as I wanted to be there to see the packs reaction, cause I knew most of then would tackle Jake and probably me. Especially Seth, Jared and Embry, I didn't care to get a congratulations from Sam. Though Sam  didn't have a problem talking to me I still did. I was not in a hurry to forgive him yet for ordering my sisters death. It still hurt me and though I knew that some day I would forgive him, I wasn't about to anytime soon.

I turned the car off and let out a sigh. Charlie had taken the news of me and Jake's engagement quite well. Deep down I knew that he was very happy to welcome Jake into the family and to call him his son-in-law. More so then he was with Edward. From what Jake had said in his call, the pack was beyond excited about me being permanent family. And to no ones surprise Jake was off course tackled by every member apparently. Emily happened to take a pictures of it and promised to send it to me when she saw me in person next time. She, surprising to me was tearing up. That made me smile. To know that all these people were so happy to welcome me into their family..meant the world to me. And it was now time to tell the other half of my family the good news.
I opened my car door and spotted Jasper standing on the front porch smiling down at me.
"Your back". I smiled, making my way up the steps. Jasper nodded and opened the door of me.
"Good to see your. Alex". He greeted me.
"Its good to see your too". I said walking in. "I'm glad you two came back".
Jasper followed behind me. "It's wonderful to be back and from your aura I can tell your in a good mood".
I blushed, though he couldn't see it I knew he could probably sense it. "I am and all of you will find out today".
"Does it have to do with a certain someone?"
I knew that voice. Walking up the stairs my eyes landed on Alice. Front and center in the living room with the rest of the Cullens, including my sister gathered all together.
"Alice. Its great to see your back". She smiled and pulled me into a hug. As she pulled apart she took a good look at me and...what I was guessing was my outfit.
    "Well it appears that you've managed to keep your sense of style when I was gone. Your much better at it then your sister was as a human".
Bella rolled her golden eyes at Alice. She smiled, satisfied with herself then grabbed my hand and grinned, with what seemed like joy, as she stared at my ring. I blushed, then tried to pull away from her. Of course, with her inhuman strength managed to keep my hand in place.
   "He has good taste". She beamed. "This is absolutely gorgeous".
Jasper came up behind me and looked at it too. "It is quite beautiful. Congratulations, Alex".
Embarrassed, I nodded my head and thanked him. Or tried to as I was now nervous as hell.
    "Congratulations, Alex". Esme exclaimed as she walked over to me and she took pulled me into a hug.
    "Congratulations". Carlisle smiled. I smiled back at him and nodded.
    "thank you both".
     "So your marrying the dog?"
Esme shot a glare at Rose. She rolled her eyes as looked away. Emmett grinned and placed a hand on Rose's shoulder.
    "Should be a wild honeymoon".
My face instantly erupted into flames. God dammit, Emmett. Keep your inappropriate thoughts to yourself.
    "Emmett". Bella slapped him across the arm. He bared his teeth at her playfully. "that's my sister".
He rolled is eyes at her and snickered. "Its still true". I wanted to wipe that smirk off his damn face right now. I side eyed him as he just winked back at me.
    "I apologized for his rude behavior". Esme apologized to me. I shook my head.
    "I should be used to it by now, but unfortunately I'm not".
Emmett let out a laugh as Rose giggled softly on the couch.
     "I guess he's not so bad". Rose stated. "Could be worse".
I sighed, "that it could be".
    "Jacob is a good match for you". Alice said, surprisingly. All of us just stared at her.
    "Since when are you and my fiancé friends?"
Alice huffed, "Him being here most of the time has made us...get to know one another more so then before. He is not so bad".
    "Besides, when you were gone he was distraught and I may or may not have helped him to get through it".
Aww Alice. I smiled over at her and took her hand in mine. Not minding the coldness of it. "Thank you, Alice".
She smiled back, "Your welcome". Then she clapped her hands together. "So when's the wedding then? Please tell me it's a spring wedding? Spring weddings are so beautiful".
And there she was. Wedding planning Alice was now in full swing. Oh dear.
    "We haven't decided on anything yet.."
    "Then please let me help you out. Actually you cant say no. I'm doing it".
    "I need to talk to Jake about it first.."
Alice reached for both of my hands, "He cant say no either. I'm the only one who knows anything about the perfect wedding and dress. Oh please let me help you pick out your dress! You have to let me help!"
Oh dear..
    "I-Sure you can help me decide, but its my dress. So my vote matters". Alice squealed with joy. She then let go of my hands and heels clicking left the room.
    "You knew she wouldn't take no for an answer". Edward replied. I sighed.
    "And that's why I had to let her help. I had no choice". I said, defeated I fell into the chair beside them. This had gone both well and not so well. I was happy to have Alice back, but her going into full on planner mode...that I wasnt so keen on seeing back. Edward smiled and placed his hand on my knee.
    "We will talk with the her. My sister can be very overwhelming at times. Especially when it comes to weddings". He reassured me. I nodded my head.
    "Jacob and I have not always had the...easiest relationship, but I couldn't think of anyone else to be with you. He loves you with every being of his soul and I know that you are perfect for each other". Edward said, genuinely from his heart. I smiled, truthfully back at him.
Edward and I hadn't always had the best relationship either, but with everything that me and my sister had been through I began to see how much he truly cared and loved my sister and how much she loved him. They, like me and Jake, were made for each other. And seeing them happy made me happy for my future with Jake. One that I was ready to start with him, no matter what came our way. With him by my side we could overcome anything.

hope you all had a good or okay Christmas.
So this marks the last chapter, HOWEVER there is an epilogue coming! Its going to be their wedding!!! So exciting!