Chapter 30

A few hours later, after dinner both Bella and Edward made their grand entrance. They were just in time for presents. As they got adjusted, Edward joined his daughter in the living as Bella pulled me aside.
"When were you going to tell me?" I crossed my arms over my chest confused.
"Tell you what?" Bella rolled her eyes and grabbed by hand. Then pointed to my ring on my finger. I quickly pulled my hand from her ice cold grip.
"I don't know. It just—It wasnt supposed to happen until after the new year-"
"But?"
I sighed, "I didnt know how the confrontation with the Volturi was going to go...so I told him that I didn't want to wait". Bella smiled grimly and pulled both my hands into hers.
"I wont let anything to happen to Renesmee or you. Or anyone else". Bella stated firmly, "Edward is determined to make them listen. We all are". She promised. I smiled back at her and tightened my grip.
"And congratulations, Alex. I'm happy for the both of you. Jake is lucky to have you". She smiled.
I smiled back and glanced over to Jake in the other room, "We're both lucky".
Bella could say all she wanted about protecting me and her daughter, but the Volturi would fight to death if they needed to do so. They were the fight first, ask questions later type, from what I had witnessed. I had doubts that they would never listen to any of us. I glanced back into the other room and met Edwards eyes. He could read my thoughts. Sense my doubt, but he gave away nothing on his face. I didn't know if that put me at ease or just worried me even more.
Bella had asked me if I wasn't going to tell Charlie and mom as we made our way back into the living room to open presents. I told her I wanted and needed to wait. I didn't want to worry Charlie or anything before everything happened. I knew he'd be thrilled to see me happy. Especially since it was Jake, but I wanted to wait. Me and Jake both agreed on that. We wanted to get through this obstacle before anything else. And having Charlie away would make it much easier for all of us to focus. Edward had gifted Charlie and Sue a weekend trip to a fishing camp a few hours away. And he hinted at him that it had to be used this coming weekend. I smiled and mouthed 'thank you' to Edward as Jake handed me a gift. Inside the box was an ornament. A wooden heart with me and Jake's initials carved in the middle. I right away knew that he had made it. It was beautiful. A tear escaped my eye as I tackled him into a hug. He chuckled and embraced me back.
The rest of opening presents went by smoothly. Jake had also made a bracelet for Renesmee, which was so sweet. She loved it and had Bella put it on her wrist immediately. Jake also gave Charlie a gift card to his favorite restaurant. I figured it was to ease things between them/ make up fro the whole werewolf thing, but from the look on his face, dad appreciated it. I smiled up at Jake. This was how i wanted the rest of my life to be. This blissful. This comfortable and cozy. Being with him felt like home and I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Bella and Edward, after presents decided to take Renesmee home. That's at least what they told Charlie, from the dark rims in their eyes I knew that their thirst was affecting them. With Bella still new to this it was better for all parties involved if she left. Renesmee begged to stay longer, but I reassured her I'd see her soon.
    "Are you sure you want to stay?" Edward questioned me. I crossed my arms over my chest.
    "Jake's here if anything goes wrong". I reminded him. Edward still seemed unsure of it, but I placed my hand on his arm. "Ill be okay, Edward". I glanced over to my sister, "Besides you two need to hunt". Edwards gaze stated on me for longer then I thought then he turned his eyes into the living room. Jake eyes landed on Edwards and he nodded.
    "He's lucky to have you".
We were both lucky to have each other.
    "And I'm lucky to have him".
    "I'm sure Bella reassured you, but I mean what I said, Alex. My family and the others will whatever it takes to protect you. You are family".
I still would never get over vampires protecting my life, but either way they were now. I just hoped they'd feel it would be worth it if some of them died...
He chuckled, probably at my thought. "Garrett believes it to be worth it".
I raised an eyebrow, "Garrett? Seriously?"
Edward grinned. "He finds you....interesting for a human. He said he'd be interested in sticking around".
I rolled my eyes. That didnt seem like a good idea. Especially with Jake around and not to mention that Garrett drank human blood. As soon as this was over I wanted all of them to go away. Though for the time being they weren't hunting in the area. However they were still hunting around here. That unsettled me.
    "Carlisle won't allow him or any of them to hurt anyone near here".
I sighed. "There still hunting somewhere".
Edward sighed, "I understand, but they have no choice".
    "I know".
Edward, taking Renesmee in his arms smiled. "We will make the Volturi listen". He smiled, with Bella's hand in his the three of them said their goodbyes. Then walked out the door.

Its shorter I know, but don't fret. There's more coming soon! Hope your all having a good day.