Chapter 14

The real question was why was I nervous to meet up with Hunter? It had only been a almost two years since I had last seen him and I did just Skype with him a few months ago....even still. I was freaking out while waiting for his car to pull up to the house. Speaking of him coming he did not even bother to ask for our address. My mom was notorious for moving a lot, but Hunt probably figured I'd let him know of the address was different. Then again I never mentioned that Renee had moved to him, and he never asked about it. I let out a breath and twirled my fingers around. Out of the corner I spotted my phone lighting up with a text message. I pulled it closer to me and let out a anxious breath of air.

Jacob Black:
Please Alex call me. I miss you

That was tenth text from him in the last two days. That didn't even include the missed calls that he decided to blow my phone up with. Half the time I thought about Turing off my phone, but then I'd miss a call from Charlie. He was worried enough about me without talking to anyone else, let alone if I ignored him too. Every other call with him felt like nudging lecture about Jake. And I always responded with I don't want to talk about him. At some point that excuse was going to be enough for Charlie. And maybe enough for me too.
    I had to face all this sooner rather then later. Just yesterday Carlisle had sent me an update on Bella's pregnancy and it wasn't super thrilling to hear. Things weren't progressing how he wanted and that just set me on edge. As if I needed another thing to add to the mess that was my life. I shook my head. I had to figure this all out. What was going to happen with me and Jake? How I was going to stand by my sister.....or was I going to stay away forever? I needed to make a decision. One that made me happy. And hopefully that decision wouldn't hurt those closes to me.
————

        Breath Alex I thought to myself  as I reached for both my phone and purse. Here's goes nothing, I thought brushing off my jeans. I opened the front door and smirked at the sight in my driveway.
     "You kept it!" I exclaimed taking in his Jeep. We used to ride around town in this thing all the time in the summers. I loved being in it. "that's awesome".
    "Of course I did". He stated shocked as I got in. "You think I'd sell Beth?"
I raised an eyebrow, "I don't remember you naming it"
He smiled and pulled away. "This is my baby. There's no way I could sell her". I rolled my eyes. Somethings never change. But that made me smile. Same old Hunter.
    "Its good to see you, Alex".
I smiled and looked down, '"Its good to see you too. I was afraid you wouldn't want to see me after kinda ghosting you".
Hunter chuckled and shook his head of black hair pulled back into his usual bun.
    "Alex, for one I was just as busy and two of course I'd want to see you if your back in Phoenix. We may not have talked much over the last year, but your still my best friend. Your stuck with me". He replied. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was happy to hear that. I still considered Hunter to be a very dear friend of mine, even if we sorta lost connection for a while.

"You and Heather still together?" I questioned as we sat down on a bench, outside of the ice cream shop. Hunt bit his lip and ran his finger through his adoring hair.
"Well...no". He replied to to my shock. He and Heather had been dating for almost four years. Everybody thought they'd get married after high school. Me and Bella were among those people who thought they'd last. Apparently not though.
"What happened?"
He sighed and looked down at his cone.
"She just got sick of me I guess. Probably thought I was too boring for her". He stated. "You remember what she was like. Always attention seeking. Wanting to be in charge all the time". I nodded in head. Sounded about right. Thank goodness she wasn't friends with me. I wouldn't have been able to handle her.
"Your not that boring".
"Tell her that". he laughed.
"Well she doesn't know what she's talking about. Your we're always the fun one to hangout with". I reminded him with a nudge. He nudged me back. "At least someone thinks so".
"Bella thought you were fun too you know".
He rolled his eyes at as I took another lick of my ice cream. "Speaking of Bella, I still cant believe she's married now. Its crazy to think about. Especially with how shy and uncomfortable she was around people". I shrugged.
"Yeah, but Edward was kinda like that too. He likes to distant himself from people". For good reasons too. "But he's-" I sighed. "He's not so bad. Once you get to know him".
"You don't sound so convincing, Alex". Hunt suggested.
I shook my head. "Maybe, but that's part of why I left".
That seemed to peak his interest more. Hunter moved slightly closer. "So you don't like him?"
That wasn't it, not really, but I couldn't tell Hunter that. "Kinda and kinda not. He really loves my sister and it shows- I don't hate Edward. Its more what Bella did that is pissing me. She can be so stubborn sometimes".
Hunter couldn't hold in his laugh, "That I know well. Has your sister ever listened to you?"
"I don't think so". I stated defeated. "Between her and Jacob I-"
"Jacob?"
Crap.
Welp...I knew his name would come up sooner or later in our catch up conversation. And now it was time for me to face the music.
"Yeah...He's my boyfriend actually".
His eyes widened. "Since when?"
I let out a sigh. "Since a few months after arriving in Forks". I answered his question. I could clearly see that I had taken his by surprise with that one.
"Just like Bella. Damn, Alex". He smiled. I rolled my eyes at him. "So what did Mr. I'm just hearing about your boyfriend now, Jacob do to piss you off?"
I sighed.
"He-he lied to me about something pretty big. And it wasn't even the first time. I just got so fed up with all of it and left".
    "Maybe he thought you dump him if he told? Or maybe he was trying to protect you from something?"
I sighed, "He was and it changed things a bit, but I still care about him. Nothing could change that, its just..."
    "Its just he betrayed you trust. Twice".
I nodded my head. "I am angry with him for not telling me. Both times, but its the fact that he betrayed my trust again after I went through hell the first time that I just needed to leave".
    "I'm not a relationship expert by any means. But it sounds to me like you love him. That's why it hurt so much the first time and even worse the second. But I think giving yourself some space was probably a good idea. Better then screaming at each other".
Hunter stated as I wiped a few tears.
    "I think we did enough of that the first time around".
    "have you tried calling him?"
    "No, but I think I will later".
Hunter smiled. "Good". He said. "Alex, I hope it works out. He's one lucky guy".
I had been spending pretty much all this trip note wanting to discus what Jake and my sister had done. I just kept on pushing it down. Not wanting to talk about it and what i was going to do. I was upset. I had every right to be. There was question about that, but I owed myself, Bella, the Cullen's and especially Jake an answer. They may have caused me to leave Forks, but I was the one who went through with it and left. They didn't make me do anything. I did it all on my own, but i just left all of them with saying anything. And that's why I was feeling guilty about.
I just left them. I shook my head.
I just left Jake.
No matter how angry I was with him, I owed him an answer. I owed him a phone call. That much was certain.

Another chapter in the books. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I have a few ideas for the second half of the book/ BB pt. 2 and I'm excited about it. Anyways hope upon guys have a good weekend.