Co-writing.

"What do you think about this one?" the one and only, Louis Bell, asks. Louis and I met thanks to a third party, but we instantly clicked (job-wise), we've been working together for almost 3 years now and I can assure, he's the best partner I'll ever have.

"Nah. I think it shouldn't be a depressing song" I expose my thoughts to him, I turn around to see the other guys who are looking at me "I mean... Personally, when I look back to the mistakes I've made, I wouldn't change them. They made me who I am and it's part of my journey, so instead of seeing them as mistakes, I'd rather think of 'em as... things I learned." I lean back in my chair as I watch Louis nod.

"Yeah, I agree with you. I think it should be... Refreshing? A song you listen to and instead of feeling sad, you feel grateful" Ashton adds as he moves his hands, his rings caught my attention. "Even, I think we shouldn't take this one so lyrically serious"

"So we're going all in with the cussing?" Louis chuckles along with Calum and Michael. "I think we should, guys" he says as I grab the pen, again, and write down on it. Luke's girlfriend walks in along with two Krispy Kreme boxes—I already love this woman. She says hi to all, I smile at her and continue to write down.

I did some shit I never should've done,
I would do it over now,
I'd do it over.

Had to fuck it up before—
I really got to know me?
I really got lo learn shit?

"What donut?" Calum asks me, I glance up and point to one of the glazed ones, he hands me a napkin and the box. "Thank you" I say as I grab the donut, I also mumble a thanks to Sierra. "Okay, guys, let's start by something that just came up in my mind" I bite the donut before speaking again, then I read out loud what was on the notebook.

"Think it sounds better without the double shit, let's not make it aggressive" Louis says and chuckles "Had to fuck it up before I really got to know me... Or, had to fuck it up before I really let you know me?" he questions us, I look at the men sitting in the studio with us, they're all focused. "I think both" Luke says "We can add both. You fuck up and get to know yourself, but also draw a line on how much you are going to give people"

"Yeah, you learn not to send nudes to anyone... Unless it's your fiancée, of course." Michael chuckles, Calum instantly hits his chest, not too hard but it must've hurt. "Fuck off!"

I look at Louis, who's looking amusingly at them. "I totally forgot about that!" he says "but Michael's got a point. Bet Cal didn't send any more nudes to anyone" I snicker as I begin to understand what was this about. "Your nudes leaked?" I look at Calum, he rolls his eyes which makes me laugh even more "I'm not gonna answer that" he says, we're chuckling. I grab my phone that was laying on the table and unlock it "Guess I'll have to find the answer myself" I say playfully, I wasn't really going to Google anything, just joking—Calum stands up rapidly and takes my phone out of my hand, making us all laugh uncontrollably. "You're not going to see anything!" he also laughs and hands my phone back. "Unless you want to see it in person" he says and I gasp amusingly

"Oh, boy" Sierra says, Calum looks at her and raises both eyebrows "I gotta take revenge for what happened at your house" he says. "What happened?" Michael asks out of curiosity. "Nothing!" Sierra points at Mike with her middle finger, but Calum doesn't stay quiet "Well, I was invited to stay over at the Hemmings-Deaton residence but I couldn't sleep. Whoever guesses why gets 5 dollars"

"Loud sex" Louis says, Calum shakes his head "Uncontrollably loud sex?" I add, jokingly. Sierra roll her eyes playfully and I look at a tomato-like Luke. "Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner" Calum grabs a $5 bill and hands it to me, I grab it as we all laugh. "Oh, man" Ashton laughs.

~

"How did you start to write? I mean, what motivated you?" Calum asks with one hand on the steering wheel. The band, Louis and I have been working together for months now on their upcoming album, so we've shared a shit ton of time. Though Calum is the shyest, him and I flirt from time to time, but I'm trying to keep it as professional as possible. "Hmm, my... daddy issues" I respond honestly "Think I began writing little pieces about it and when I realised, I had a whole song composed." his eyebrows are raised, he quickly glances at me and then, back at the driveway "Didn't know you had daddy issues" he says and I lightly chuckle "There's so much more you don't know about me, Cal."

"Then light me up" he says, thinking he's throwing a strike, I swing his suggestion away "Nope. It's your turn to give me a fact about you that I don't know of" I smile at him. I've been riding with him for the past week because my car broke, and luckily, Calum can pick me up and drop me off. "Lemme think..." he licks his lips. "I feel highly attracted by you" he says without taking his eyes off the road. "I know that" I answer confidently, that's when he turns around to see me with a smirk on his face, chuckling "I, uhm—guess I'll have to think on something else. If you don't have anything to add"

I look through the window and stare at the clouds "Why would I add something else? You know the attraction's mutual. But I bet you just wanted to hear it from me" I'm not looking at him, but I can tell he's smiling because he got what he wanted. "Clever little girl" he says. My desire instantly lighted up imagining things I shouldn't be—he's either naïve or he's using the daddy-issues-card I just gave him. "You'd be surprised" I answer, regretting instantly my response. It feels like the time-frame just stopped for us. He stays quiet and so do I, betting we both have a handful of things going through our minds right now. I bite my lip and slowly look to my left, realising he's got an erection. Oh, fuck me, wish I hadn't seen that.

After what feels like 3 minutes of silence between us, Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith starts to sound through the radio. "You know, I never really liked this song" I break the silence "Why? Because of the melody or the songwriting?" he looks at me curiously, we're now stuck in traffic "It's not a bad song, at all. It's just that... It was everywhere. It drove me insane" I chuckle and so does he "Same happened to me with New Rules by Dua Lipa. It's good, but I can't stand it" he chuckles, and he's right, the song was even in the restrooms.

"Hey, and it's been a while since the last time I asked this, so I think I kinda lost the trick to wait for the perfect timing—so I'm just gonna ask. Can I take you out on a date?" he rest his hands on the steering wheel and looks at me, my phone buzzes so I automatically see the notification, nothing too important, just a game suggesting me to play more. "Of course, Cal. I really think we could get along pretty well" I say.

"Good" he smiles, showing his freaking cute dimples. "Would you like something fancy or shall we stick to casual?" he starts to nervously play with his fingers which causes me to chuckle "I don't know, maybe we could go to Dubai and have dinner at top of the Burj Khalifa... Or if it's too much, then maybe we could switch that plan and go to Paris and the Eiffel Tower instead" I say cynically, making him laugh "Let's go to... I was going to say park, then I remembered who you actually are" I say, referring to the fame "Okay, got it. Universal's CityWalk, everyone's always minding their business there—and I love Universal!"

"It's close to our houses" he says "we could go this Wednesday since we're free, unless you've got something else to do"

"Wednesday's perfect" I smile. And oh... Fuck that professionalism, guess I'll have to talk to Louis to see if he's okay with it, and if he's not, then I'll change his mind.