A Child - Pt. II

As soon as Y/N's foot touched her sister's house, she began crying, not wanting to believe all of that was her reality – when she told her sister, she couldn't believe it and eventually called their mother, who was also in shock when Y/N told her the story in person. And to continue with telling the parents, both David and Joy were shocked... And excited, they had also been hinting their son to ascend them to grandparents – still, they couldn't just not feel bad for Y/N and how messy the situation was. For them, a child is a blessing, but they're also realistic and now that discovery could end their son's engagement.

Calum had been texting his -now not so sure- fiancé daily, but he also had been seeing his son and Gabrielle, finally starting agreements on their parenthood. He also learnt from Austin that he loves Spiderman, that his birthday is on December 2nd, his favourite colour blue and that he absolutely adored the fact that he has a father, even calling him a "cool dad" because he's in a band. The kid has been the sweetest person ever and Calum has been feeling this sensation that he's never ever experienced before—could be tagged as loving your child, perhaps.

~

—So, what do you plan to do? -Greg, Y/N's brother-in-law asks her-

At first he was very touched with his sister-in-law situation and seeing her cry was heartbreaking, but after a few weeks of seeing her cry almost daily at his house... It made him feel awkward somehow even though he wouldn't mention it.

—I still don't know. What am I supposed to do? -Y/N whimpers-

—Oh, sis. I don't ever want to be in your position, but as I've been telling you, you gotta listen to your heart and your brain... Try to put both in a balance and see which one is right. -Tessa, Y/N's older sister encourages her-

—I do love him, I think that's clear, but it's a whole child, you know? I don't wanna sound mean, but it's not something that's ever gonna go away.

—You may love or hate the kid, but I think you won't know if you never experience it -Greg says-

—It would be coward of me not to try and adjust, right?

Both Tessa and Greg nod.

—But still, I don't wanna pressure you, your decision is totally up to you and if you need to stay over for many more weeks, our house is also yours -Tessa gives her sister a heartwarming smile-

Greg mentally slapping his face with his wife's support. He really knows it's a difficult position, but he wants his privacy already.

—I haven't seen him in weeks, maybe I could ask him to go out for coffee? Maybe talk a lil bit of the progress he's made, talk about us, too...

—Great idea -Tessa smiles- maybe you could even meet Austin.

—Tess, I really love you, I know I made your life a living hell when we were younger, but I guess that's what made us so close.

~

—Hi -Calum nervously says as he picks her up from Tessa's house-

He hesitates whether to kiss her or not, but quickly erases the idea off his mind when she barely says hi and puts the seatbelt on.

—So... Alfred's?

—Yes, Alfred is good.

She's also been extremely nervous of meeting with Cal again, the last time she saw him was the day he told her about his son.