Interview

—So, we wanna know about CALM, how was the creative process?

An enthusiast interviewer asks the band, it's their promotion calendar as they just released a new album.

—I personally think the creative process was incredible. We used to brainstorm and keep what the liked the most, and toss away the other things. -Ashton steps up, as he mostly does- also, working with talented people like Louis Bell and Ali Tamposi really helped, too.

—I don't doubt it. Tell us, are the songs inspired by personal experiences, or you just made the lyricism up?

—I think we all have our muses now -Michael's bubbly personality comes through with a giggle- there may be some songs inspired by old situations, but most of the songs are based on the present.

—Is there a specific song wrote by any of you based on personal experiences?

—Yeah, I wrote Best Years with my girlfriend... It's like a mutual dedication -Luke nervously smiles- and Calum owned up Not In The Same Way and Lonely Heart. Oh, and Wildflower.

The Māori man sheepishly smiles, knowing damn well that now he'd have to explain why he wrote these songs.

—Wildflower is my fave -Ashton adds-

—Seems like someone was brainstorming, huh? -the interviewer smiles at Calum- tell us about these songs, Calum.

—Well, uh, thank you Luke for exposing my life -he chuckles- somehow, it kind of represents some experiences I've had in the past, being in a relationship-not-relationship with someone, both of you fighting your feelings, that's how Not In The Same Way came up -he pauses to clear his throat- then, you decide to draw lines and reality hits you when you notice your feelings for that person are real – the feeling of realization and sadness when you're apart from that person is basically what Lonely Heart is about. Eventually, you stop fighting and get together, that's Wildflower's story. -he tries to explain as thorough as possible, his eyebrows furrowed due to his concentration-

—Can I ask a blunt question? -the interviewer amusingly asks causing all of them to chuckle and Calum to shake his head-

—I feel like I'm not gon' like this -he says-

—Maybe... But you know, we want to know about the inspiration. We've seen you have a girlfriend now -his three friends goofily applause, causing Calum to jokingly roll his eyes at their actions- so... Is that sequence you and your girlfriend's love story?

—Alright, I'm gon' set an alarm at 3PM to kill Luke -he jokes- I, uh, really like to keep my personal life private but yeah, that's pretty much how we started.

Luke laughs at what he caused, knowing damn well Calum would barely talk in interviews and now he's the main focus.

—They loved the chasing game -Luke adds more fuel to the fire-

Calum's cheeks turn into a reddish color knowing he's being teased by his friend.

—Shut up, man.

—I must say, you two look lovely together. And that's right, women, no single man in 5SOS anymore -the interviewer looks at the camera when saying the last sentence-

—Thanks, mate.

———
I think this one is the shortest I've done, and the first one in which there isn't a POV and where Y/N doesn't appears, just the mention of her.

Sorry for the shortness, I just wanted to update as soon as possible for you! And by the way, I'll look up the songs you've been commenting.