Chapter 23

F A R A H

"Can we be friends?"

To say I'm surprised will be an understatement, the one and only Jawad who can't stand me is asking to be friends. I was a little happy my husband is gradually changing but kept a stern face not wanting him to see the happiness on my face "Who are you?" I asked.  He doesn't seem to grab my words he just kept staring at me.

"Are you sick somewhere?" I nudged him a little. "Oh you don't seem to grab my joke, I mean are you really the Jawad I know" I  explained.

So now Farah you're acting comfortable with him. I don't know what made him laugh, is it my joke or me smacking him.

Something is definitely wrong.

"What's wrong in being friends, we've been married for some months now and we can't stay like this forever like strangers" he stated.

"I have one question". I said sitting more comfortably. "What made you change your mind, as in why are you suddenly kind to me now". I asked.

Seriously I need to know what made him change his mind that he's been kind to me now.

Clearing his voice, he glanced at the direction of the beach. "After what happened that day in my office, I did deep thinking and I realized that you don't deserve all the harsh treatment. You know it wasn't your fault you just agreed to make both families happy" he said without looking my way.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you in the past, I know it's wouldn't be easy to forgive me, but at least things will not be as it is in the past". I was speechless to the core, not knowing what to say I just followed his gaze and stared at the beach.

**
I slumped myself on the couch, resting my legs on the center table. After going around exploring the city of Sharjah, my body felt weak. I can't even lift a finger.

I must say today is one of my happiest days, seeing my husband is changing his ways towards me, I know to forgive him with take time but I will just enjoy the moments while it lasts.

The sound of footsteps shot through my ear, I don't need to look to know who it was. Jawad sat on the couch opposite me with his laptop.

Workaholic

"Aren't you going to bed, it's quietly late" he said all of a sudden.

"I'm not feeling sleepy"

"Oh"

A plan forms in my head.  Jawad time for some tests.

I sat up folding my hands on my chest. "Um... Since we both are not feeling sleepy, should we do something?" I asked happiness evident on my face.

"Like what?" His attention is now focused on me.

"Let's get to know each other" 

He doesn't seem bothered by my words. "Okay, what do you want to know about me?"

"What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Black"

"Mine is blue, now it's your turn"

"Your favorite place?" He asked.

"I always dreamed of visiting Dubai one day, and here I am" I answered with a chuckle.

"Your role model?"

Farah stop asking a silly question.

"I don't have one"

He's such an oldie

"Mine is Armand Douglas hammer" I grinned.

"Your biggest fear?" I asked again. Something flashed on his face.

"Sorry, if I asked inappropriate questions" I muttered.

"You know there was this time when I was going back home, I was holding my phone and one guy tried snatching it away.  I didn't know when I ran off leaving my hijab behind"

I don't know why I'm saying this, but I want to at least cheer him up.

The sound of laughter echo through the living room and it's coming from Jawad. I can't believe I made him laugh.

Wow Farah what an achievement

"Wow I can't believe I made you laugh Jawad," I said feeling some sort of relief.

"Do you really love your phone that much?" he said still laughing.

"Of course I saved a lot to buy the phone, I can't bear to lose it"

"So what happened after leaving your hijab on the road?" He asked composing himself.

"From that day onward, I always keep my phone inside the bag"

And that's how we spent the night getting to know each other.

**
It was past midnight, I woke up my throat feeling dry. Touching the jug next to my bed, I found it empty. I have to go downstairs.

I filled a cup with cold water gulping it down. They say water is tasteless but when you're thirsty you feel the taste of the water.

I was about to climb upstairs when I heard the sound of something falling from the kitchen. I shrugged it off thinking maybe I didn't place the cup properly. taking a step, I heard the sound again. I walked quietly to the kitchen. "Who's there?" I whispered.

"Jawad?" I said again still no answer.

Moving closer again I felt someone grab me from behind, a shout made it way out of my lips and my mouth was immediately covered by a hard one.

"If you dare uttered a word I will slit your throat," he said holding a knife to my throat. Fear crept into my body, my knees felt weak.

Ya Allah

"Lead the way to your room and don't make any sound," the stranger said pushing me forward. I kept chanting hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel. I hope Jawad heard my shouting.

We were almost close to my door when the door to jawad room burst open, I tried shouting but couldn't due to the tight hold.

"Don't take a step or I will slit her throat" the unknown said.

"What do you want?" Jawad said in a calm tone. For me, nothing like calmness, any mistakes and I will die. Allah knows how scared I am right now.

"Give me your money and your car keys and if you don't" he held the knife closer.

"Calm down, I will give you what you want and you leave my wife untouched," Jawad said disappearing to his room. Fresh tears fell from my eyes. Just this morning we're enjoying ourselves and now this. After like 5mins, Jawad came back with a small bag. Did he carry money around?

"You will keep the bag there and I will realise your wife" he pointed to the front door. Jawad did as he was told.

He dragged me towards the front door, taking the bag he pushed me making my body to land on the floor. He ran off just before Jawad could catch up to him. I didn't know what got into me, I embrace Jawad tightly feeling scared and weak in the knees. He was surprised by my actions by later on pat my back.

"Shh... It's okay, I'm right here"

*
Hello guys,

How was the chapter?

I know I said I will update when we reach 30 reads and 10 votes and that didn't happen, so I decided to just go with the flow and update.

So please don't forget to vote|comment and my silent readers do vote too.

I have this new book I'm writing, do check it out and tell me your views.

Thank you,
See you next time💞