8

KING
I got out of my truck and passed my keys to the door man so he could park it in the parking area. "Wassup Mr. Amos." I spoke before heading on in the house. Once I made it to the door I used my code to get in. The smell of food hit my nose as soon as I opened the door so I knew my mama was in the kitchen. I walked through the sitting area and headed in the kitchen. "Hey ma." I said walking up and kissing her cheek.

"Hey baby." She spoke back.

"I came right on time, what you cookin' ?" I asked.

"Boy all you do is eat but, Greens, pig tails, chicken, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, corn bread, and i'm making banana pudding." She said.

"Oh yeaah! Pops in the office?" I asked.

"You know he is." She said and rolled her eyes. Pops always working. I went and got on the elevator instead of walking up the stairs. I clicked the button and it opened up. I got in and clicked the up button to go to the next floor. I got off and went all the way to the end of the long hallway passing my old room and entered the office.

"Wassup old man?" I said as I entered.

"Wassup son." My dad said. I sat in the chair in front of his desk and got comfortable. "So today Scoob was killed in a setup. Some nigga from the Eastside that go by Jay has him and Kilo run off on the plug and they took a whole shipment." I said.

"Hold that thought." He said picking up his phone. He made a call and put it on speaker. "Wassup boss man?" the man on the line said.

"What you know bout a nigga that go by Jay from out East?" Pops said.

"He a young nigga, he fuck with a couple niggas from y'all side Kilo and Scoob! He tryna put a move on some bitch named India and her daughter as we speak—" I cut him off. "Nigga what?!?" I said. I jumped up out the chair and ran down the stairs. I unlocked my phone and called India as I got out of the house as fast as possible.

"Go get my car!!!!" I yelled. The man wasn't walking fast enough so I snatched my keys and ran to get it myself. I made it to the parking garage and hopped in my truck and sped off. I kept calling India phone but she wasn't answering that's when I thought to have my nigga track her. I called Dre and put it on hands free and I drove out of my parents neighborhood. "Aye Dre track this number while we on the phone 404-513-8864." I said.

"The location pin is at Benihana on the North side." He said.

"Bet." I hung up and put my truck in Sports+ mode. I drove across town to Benihana doing atleast 130 mph. I made it there in like 5 minutes with my bobbing and weaving. I parked in a random spot and ran inside. I walked around until I spotted them and walked up to them. "India!" I caught her off guard. "Aye y'all gotta come with me right now! I'll explain later but grab babygirl and come on."

"For wha—"

"INDIA COME ON." I said. She got up and grabbed Skylar her friend followed behind us and I ran and got in my truck.

"Here Tae take my car and trail us." She passed him the keys.

"Nah get in with us bro." I said. He got in the back with Skylar and India jumped in the front just as I was about to pull off a black unmarked suv pulled up and some niggas hopped out with guns. I sped off and drove all the way to the other side of town. "Ma you gone have to listen to me." I told her. "I don't know another way to put this but some niggas put a hit out on you and babygirl." I said.

"What the fuck King!? Where ima go?? What ima do?? If they knew I was at the restaurant they know where I live, I got some important stuff in there." She said. I licked my lips and said, "Ima figure something out but, right now you need to stay calm."