28

King

I laid in my bed wondering why India haven't came and checked on me. Normally her and Skylar would've been here. Don't get it wrong, I don't need nobody to do shit for me, but I got a feeling that's something going on. I heard the door open and a few minutes later India and Lailani walked in my room. I immediately frowned because India look like she been crying.

"What's wrong with you? Where my daughter at?" I asked. She broke down crying. The look on Lailani face told it all.

"King the CPS people took her away." Lai said with tears in her eyes. No cap that shit broke a nigga I just couldn't let them see me sweat.

"The fuck you mean Lai?" I said.

"Because of me having relations with you." India said. I frowned.

"India did you really just say that shit?" I said.

"King it's the truth, she said they see me as unfit. Skylar has been around open gun fire twice. The first time someone was after YOU and made me and my baby a target because they wanted to hurt YOU. This second time YOU was obviously the target. YOU was the only person shot. Who the fuck know us to come shoot up my baby party? We not out here movin like that. She also said i'm in a relationship with the biggest drug lord in the state of Georgia which happens to b—" I cut her off right in the middle of her sentence.

"India that's real fucked up for you to say. Before I say something real fucked up Ima ask you to leave my house." I said. Her saying that to me was basically a stab in the chest. Lailani was looking at India like "what the fuck". I shook my head, "Lai you my sis and all and you know you're welcome to stay, but yo friend gotta go." I said.

"Indie." Lai said. She shook her head, "I can't believe you just said that to him."

India whole facial expression changed. I shook my head at her. I can't believe outta all the shit me and this girl done been through together she would stand in my house and tell me i'm the reason our daughter is in foster care. Even though the shit may sound true, I would never intentionally put a child I love as my own in danger. "India you knew what I came with before you even started fucking with me. I never expected you out of all people to sit here on my face and say that shit to me we posed to be sticking together right now." I said.

"King I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in that way I'm finna lose my mind without my baby." She said.

"Man that ain't no excuse. India real shit you just hurt my feelings." I said. I put my pride to the side and told her ass how I really felt. "But since ion do shit but bring violence into y'all lives I'll help you get her back and I'll move around." Im speaking out of anger, but I mean everything Im saying.

-

The caseworker made it back to the office with Skylar. "This is the Royale case." She said. "Now her grandmother is willing to get her, but we have to make it to her that India will not be allowed to be around her."

"Yes. Set up a court date for Monday and we'll let the judge decide. In the meantime run a background check in the grandmother." Her supervisor said.

"Okay." She said.

-

India made sure she changed King bandages and she got him some carry out before her and Lailani left and went back to the house. This was too much mess for one day. India mind was racing they rode in silence as she drove back to the other side of town. "Lai I just don't understand." India said breaking the silence.

"This not gone sound right, but everything happen for a reason India. This a sign for you to get yo shit together." She said.

"Lai my shit is together. Im doing this shit with no type of help. I'm only 19 nobody ask me if I need a break. I take care of everybody but MYSELF! I always put Skylar first I danced on a fucking pole just to support her, to make sure she'll never go hungry, to make sure she's dripping in the latest, to make sure she get EVERYTHING she want plus more, and for a motherfucker to come snatch her and judge my parenting just breaks me. Lai you been here the whole time you know what I went through at the age of 17 still in high school tryna raise a baby." India said.

———

it's short 😭 but i have to give y'all something .. i feel like i abandoned my book 🤦🏾‍♀️

sorry 4 the wait
- leisha