27

A few days later

King was finally able to go home and he thought that India was gone move back in and help him out a little bit since he was gone be in bed rest. She tricked him though. India still had a bone to pick with him about little Ms. Tania and the last thing she'll do is live back in with King.

...
INDIA

I sat on the couch in my living room and thought about what I wanna do. There was a loud knock on my door interrupting me from my thoughts. I rolled my eyes and peeped in Skylar room. I made sure she was still sleep before I went to answer it. "Who is it?" I asked. I was confused as to why they were even at my door considering you can even get in the gate without either buzzing in or having my door number.

"This is Casey Simon, with Child Protective Services I'm looking for an India Royale." I frowned and opened the door.

"How may I help you?" I asked.

"Ma'am are you the parent or guardian of Skylar Royale?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"May I come in?" She asked. I got nervous as hell. CPS only pop up at your house for one reason.

"Y-yes." I said. I stepped aside and let her in.

"Ma'am, My supervisor sent me over here to pick up Skylar. First thing first we see you as unfit. This is the second time your child has been around open gunfire. The first one was very severe she could have died. Secondly, are you aware that you are in a relationship with one of the biggest drug dealers in the state of Georgia? That's child endangerment. I don't even have to ask if he's around her considering you all are all over social media. So ma'am I need you to wake Skylar up and pack her a bag she has to come with me." She said. I stopped listening to her halfway through her whole speech, but that last sentence broke me. I broke down crying. I didn't know who to call first. I was speechless.

I called my granny she didn't answer so I called again. She answered on my fourth time calling. "India baby what's going on?"

"Granny the-they taking S-s-ssss-sky away." I said. I was trying my best to speak clearly.

"WHAT?" She screamed. "I'm on my way!" She said. I went in the room and grabbed a suit case. The CPS lady followed behind me. I opened Skylar closet and grabbed three pairs of shoes and put them in her bag that I got specifically for shoes. I opened her closet and grabbed a week worth of clothes.

I grabbed a case of pull-ups and wipes. I grabbed some underwear and a couple of toys. I made sure that I put her phone charger in her bag. "SkySky." I said. She instantly woke up. She had a confused look on her face.

"Mommy why you crying?" She asked .

"Baby you gotta go with this lady for a little while." I said.

"Mommy I don't wanna go with her, she ugly." Skylar said. I busted out laughing this little girl is a character for real.

"Sky don't say that." I said.

I heard the lady mumble "Bad parenting" underneath her breath. I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me?" India said. The only thing that kept me from snapping on the lady is that my actions can affect Skylars well being. I charged her little smart comment to the game and let it slide. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I put Skyla bag down and picked her up. I placed her on my hips and walked to the living room to answer the door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"India its me." My grandma said on the other side of the door. I hurried up and opened the door. She came in and immediately hugged me and Skylar. "Gwaaannyyy." Skylar said.