Part 3

Rhaenyra was exhausted, utterly drained. She would be awakened, fed, and dressed all before dawn. She was forced to leave her sleeping husband and son to shadow Lady Catelyn around Winterfell. The two were readying Winterfell for the KIng's arrival. Catelyn insisted that she needed help in picking decorations and linens for the occasion, it was also a lesson for Rhaenyra. A lesson for the next Lady of Winterfell.

The two stood in the grand hall, side by side. Rhaenyra fidgeted with the winter roses that lined the neck of her gown, "We need to replace the candles." She looked up toward the light fixture that was being dusted. Catelyn nodded before ordering someone to do so.

Rhaenyra turned as servants began to whisper, "My lord." Robb walked in holding Domeric in one arm. He was anxious, his shoulders were clearly tense even under the heavy black cloak. His steps were heavy as he stalked towards his wife.

"There's been a deserter,'' Robb gently handed her Domeric. Rhaenyra adjusted him on her hip, smiling to the small boy. "My presence is required at the execution. My father has only told me this morning." Rhaenyra nodded, she pushed herself up on her toes for a kiss. Her hand gripped the back of his neck before she spoke.

"Be safe." Rhaenyra's hand fell to her side, she watched him as he left. She let her son slide softly to the floor, his small boots making a gentle tap. He looked up to her with his blue, Tully eyes. "Yes," he smiled, showing his minimal teeth. "How about we sneak away? Let us bug one of your aunts, best not to forget Rickon." Rhaenyra grasped his small hand in hers as they left the hall.

Rhaenyra stood behind her son as he attempted to crawl up the stairs towards the rooms, he would look back every so often to see if she noticed his mischief. In his little voice, he would gleefully say, "Mama, see?!'

Rhaenyra laughed, "Yes sweet boy. Come on." She picked him up once again to quicken their journey to see Sansa and Arya. She stopped in front of the open door to Rickon's room, searching for the boy. She spotted a large lump under the furs on the bed, along with a smaller one. "Oh no Domeric," she created false worry with her tone, "It seems your uncle has vanished." A giggle came from the bed. "I must tell your grandparents, they must know about their child's disappearance." She smiled at her confused son before exiting the room. Rhaenyra did not get far down the hallway until Rickon called after her. He ran to her holding her cat, Fat.

"Rhea! Wait! Don't tell them I've vanished." Fat's feet nearly dangled to the floor, Rickon held the large cat under his top legs. Rhaenyra gasped when she saw the two.

"Little Lord, by the gods you're here. Winterfell is blessed to have you back,'' she bowed her head to the young boy. "Come we are going to bother your sisters. Care to join?" Rickon nodded eagerly, his red curls bouncing. He grasped her hand, Fat falling gracefully to the floor,  the three walked together to Sansa's room. Rickon knocked quickly, knowing he needed to get Arya to join them.

"Who is it?" Came the soothing voice of Sansa Stark. Rickon screamed each of their names. "I am coming." Sansa opened the door, a purple dress on her person. She smiled at Rhaenyra and asked, "May I hold him?" She nodded to the young girl, handing her son to her.

"My back is hurting from holding him all day. But I rather him be in my arms than walking," Rhaenyra heard a loud bang down the hall, followed by light arguing. "Arya will be joining us." Sansa rolled her eyes as she walked to the window to show her nephew the view. "Don't be like that."

"Like what?'' She questioned annoyed. Rhaenyra sat on Sansa's colorful bed, placing her hands on her stomach.

She sighed, "Resentful." The arguing became louder as Arya opened the bedroom door for her and Rickon. "Why are you fighting?" Arya glared to her.