Part 15

Rhaenyra hummed as she washed Henry, she unconsciously sung random words of the song aloud as she did. "A lion still has claws," she rinsed her child's head of the bathing oils and soaps, mindful of his eyes as she did. She continued to hum as she lifted him from the small bath. "As long and sharp as yours." Rhaenyra carried him to the bed, a cloth waiting to dry him, And so he spoke, and so he spoke, That lord of Castamere." She dried Henry and continued to hum.

Robb, who laid on the bed in his drawers side. "Do you have to sing that?''

"Sing what?"

"The Rains of Castamere.''

"I did not notice," Rhaenyra giggled as she lifted Henry to her chest and discarded the cloth from the bed. "Can you get me a new cloth for him?" Robb stood from the bed and walked to the closest chest, he opened it quickly and pulled a piece of white fabric from it. Rhaenyra muttered a thank you before wrapping Henry in his diaper. "Are you going to bathe? I would like to join you." She smirked to him as he sat back in his previous spot.

Robb laughed, "Sure, Domeric could stay with my brothers for a bit longer." He watched Rhaenyra as she lifted their son from the bed, only to dress him in his sleeping clothes. "Love?''

"Yes." She turned to him, her violet eyes gazing back.

"What of the lion?''

She tensed slightly, "Let him leave. Your father will tell the king what happened and we will have justice, do not worry. You only need to worry when Tywin Lannister is at our gates wanting each of our heads." She laughed and laid beside him, Henry nestled against her. "You need to rest, stay with our children and your brothers tomorrow. I will meet with our people." Robb nodded and placed his arm around her, he kissed her head and smiled to their son. Henry eagerly waited to be fed, his grey eyes watching his mother's movements. "Yes sweet boy, I did not forget." She laughed and undid the ties on her shift.

"We ought to cancel our meetings with the people,'' Robb traced his son's cheek as he suckled. "We all hardly spend time together."

"That would be wonderful, a day just for the Stark's and their pups." She giggled and turned her head to kiss his bearded cheek. "After you get a shave.''

"What?''

"Yes, it is too prickly. Domeric has scratches all over his cheeks the poor thing," teased Rhaenyra.

Robb rolled his eyes at her silly lie and fell on his back, "Fine. I shall take him with me in the morning, get his first haircut."

"I'll come, my hair is far too tedious. I hate brushing it."

"No, your long hair will be gone! Our entire marriage you have not cut it!" Robb gasped, placing his hand against his mouth in false shock. "Do you not fear I will not find you beautiful?''

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes at him, "Yes Robb, because you love me for my hair." He laughed and reached to grab a lock of her waves, yanking it lightly. 

The following morning, Rhaenyra stood alone in the courtyard. The silence of the morning's break easing her nerves. Slowly, she walked to the stables, the sound of her boots crushing against the dirt and various stone breaking her peaceful silence. Happily, she tightened her cloak over her shoulders, adjusting the dire wolf broach holding it as she did. The cold of the North always pleased her. It alluded to a sense of belonging. The gods blessed her when she married Robb Stark, keeping her in her beloved North. If she had married a Southern Lord, she would have killed herself from the heat.

Rhaenyra lifted her head as the sound of horses disrupted her thoughts. Her hand reached for her sleeve, tugging it tightly to cover any exposed skin. She further burrowed her face into the fur the rested against her shoulders. Her eyes met the various horses that lined the stalls. She steadily scanned each, attempting to find Bran's wanting to saddle it for him. The new contraption had been ready since the previous night, the saddler quickly constructed it with a promise of a months worth of gold and silver.

"There you are," Rhaenyra sung as her eyes found the brown horse. She opened the door of its stable and entered the small space. The horse calmly allowed her in. She reached the furthest wall and pulled the reigns from the wall and began to ready him for his rider. Rhaenyra guided him from the stall, tugging him ever so gently into the yard. Patiently, she waited for Hodor and Bran. 

Rhaenyra caressed the beautiful beast's nose. She admired its markings of an intertwined brown and white. She removed her hand quickly as the horse neighed loudly, further breaking the morning's peace.

She stiffened quickly, the presence of another alerting her. "Good Morning, Rhea." Came Bran's soft voice. Turning to him, she smiled. "You cut your hair,'' he exclaimed as he noticed her riggedly cut hair. Her dark waves grazed the nape of her neck, not reaching her shoulders. Embarrassed, she touched its soft ends. 

"I did and hello to you too little Lord. Oh, thank you, Hodor! I'll keep him steady, continue saddling the horse please." Rhaenyra smirked to the large farmhand, in his grasp the new saddle. She walked to the pair and cautiously reached for Bran. With shaky arms and steps, she walked held him, walking him to sit atop the empty stable's bar. "How has your morning progressed thus far?" she questioned.

Bran shrug, his arm wrapped tightly against Rhaenyra's shoulder for support. "Fine. Old Nan brought me oats, they were cold when she got to my room." His sister in law laughed gently, her hand went to his waist, her grip hoping to steady him more. "Where's Robb and my nephews?"

" I left him with Domeric, getting a haircut. I am surprised you did not hear your poor nephews screams and cries when you left your room. They should be here at any moment. I told him we'd leave without them if they were not here before the servants begin their duties. I believe he will fall asleep if he returns to our room." Bran laughed at her comment, knowing it to be true. The two watched as Hodor successfully placed the saddle against the horse, without a worry from the beast.

"Maester Luwin said I can learn to shoot a bow from the horse. Do you think that's true?"

Rhaenyra turned towards the child, pushing his hair away from his forehead as she did. "Yes. Many warriors and Knights shoot arrows on horseback. They say that is the most formidable battle skill a Dothraki has." Bran smiled at her remark. 

Hodor stood beside the now saddled horse. With a shout of his name, he rejoiced in the completion of his task. "Thank you, Hodor! You can go to have breakfast now." Rhaenyra turned to Bran once more, "Now are you ready for our little adventure." She lifted him into her arms again, struggling to carry his weight. As they reached the horse, she pushed him up on the saddle. "Hold on," she sat him tightly against the saddle's high back praying he would not fall over.

Rhaenyra stood beside the horse adjusting Bran into his new saddle. She tightened the leather straps around his legs, whistling as she did. Her gloved hand comfortably positioned his foot in the saddle, "It'll be good practice for you and your horse, to get out and learn how to work together." She stood on her toes, gently adjusting his cloak around his shoulders.

"I am excited," Bran said happily. He eagerly held the reigns, dropping them only to buckle himself in the new seat. "Are we leaving now?''

"Yes, it appears your brother and my children are still asleep." Rhaenyra gripped the reigns with him, guiding the horse outside the castle walls. "We will have fun with-"

"Rhea!" Came a startling screech of her nickname.

"Bloody hell!" She turned seeing Theon staring down at the two from upon the balcony above the stables. "You nearly frightened me to death! What?!" 

"Wait for us!" He screamed back. There goes the silence of the morning, she thought.