Part 14

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes as her new maid struggled to tie her corset. The older woman's fingers shook with each tightening of the strings. She finally grasped the two thing strings and pulled. Rhaenyra heaved as she did. The woman then helped her into her dress, a deep Bolton red gown. She needed to look decent. It was her first day as acting Lady of Winterfell, she was to hear the small folks worries and Lord's complaints. Maybe I'll see my father, she hopefully thought.

Rhaenyra was pulled from her thoughts as her maid led her to her bed. She said softly as the woman began placing her shoes on, besides her laid her choice of jewelry. She reached for her dire wolf ring and placed it on her left ring finger. Then she chose her obsidian ring, her most cherished possession. Her maid finished tying her boots and moved to place a necklace on her neck. She clasped a ruby chocker on Rhaenyra's neck, she slowly reached to touch it. The maid then began to braid her hair only to be stopped. "I want it down." The woman's touch coiled away.

She stood from the bed, wordlessly dismissing the maid as she did. Rhaenyra then trecked down toward the grand hall, knowing she would find her children and Robb waiting for her arrival. She walked through the servant stairwell, attempting not to fall over her dress in the enclosed space.

Rhaenyra pushed the door into the hallway opened to be greeted with a familiar laugh. "And what are you doing? Sneaking about.'' Robb's eyes met her's, as she turned emerged from the door.

"How?" her arms dropped as she exited the stairwell. "How do you always know where I am?''  

"Part wolf love, have a good sniffer." He snorted his nose and wrapped his arms around her. She giggled as he kissed her head.

"Silly," she moved her face from his chest to kiss his lips. Robb giddily smiled into it, nipping her bottom lip as he did. "I was going this way because it is quicker, nothing to worry about." She patted his cheek and separated from his embrace. "I do hope you brought me a cloak I am freezing."

"I know a way to warm you," Robb wrapped his arms around her waist once again, the two waddled together down the hall. "Only takes a few moments." He began to lift her skirts in the front, exposing her pale, toned legs.

Rhaenyra pushed his arms away. "NO!" she laughed and turned to face him, "Let us go we're nearly late." She held her arm out for him, Robb gave a look of false annoyance and grabbed her hand.

"You never fall for my perversions."

"Boohoo."

The two reached the grand hall together, hand and hand they sat at the high table, ready to hear the northerner's complaints. Before them sat Theon, holding Henry in one arm rolling a ball with the other toward a laughing Domeric. "May I have my son?" the ward turned to Robb and shook his head.

"I am afraid he prefers me more. He is awake and content. All he does is cry when he's in your arms." Rhaenyra rolled her eyes and stood from her chair, she stalked to Theon.

"Give me my son," he held the child out. She brought him to her chest and looked back to the ward. "Go and get each of us cloaks. You know where they are." Theon stood from the floor and ran out of the hall, after muttering a small Yes Ma'm.

Rhaenyra held her hand out for Domeric to grasp, he did and held his new ball in the other. Robb sat in his chair, amused at his wife's demanding personality. "I am impressed.''

"With?''

"You, being Lady of Winterfell has changed you already." His family reached the high table, Domeric scrambled onto his lap and began to enthusiastically roll the ball against the table. It would slowly roll back to him and he would catch it with both of his small hands.