Part 10

Robb sat on the ground outside his room, his son beside him with one of Arya's dolls. He chewed on its hair, trying to relieve his mouth's pain. Theon stood across from them, arms crossed as the three listened to Rhaenyra's occasional cries from the bedroom. Maester Luwin would pass them every hour to check her progress. Robb was not allowed in the room, no one but the midwife was allowed. His mother remained at Bran's side refusing to leave him even during this time.

"You thought she pissed?'' Robb brought Domeric closer to him, scowling at Theon for his words.

"Yes," he whispered. Theon erupted into his obnoxious laugh. Domeric's blue eyes looked up to the ward.

Theon glanced down to the child, "Yes little lord a shame your father is ignorant when it comes to childbearing.'' Domeric smiled against the doll's hair, his drool now coated its blonde hair making it a dark brown.

Robb's nails dug into the warm stone as Rhaenyra's scream tore through the castle. "I should be in there."

"And be so scared to ever touch her after seeing what you've done? No, that is why I am here to stop you.'' Theon slide to the floor, "Can't have you not populating the North."

Robb closed his eyes as curse words could be heard from the bedroom. At that moment he was grateful he was not present for Domeric's birth, he hated himself for the pain he put his wife in.

The door opened and a flustered midwife let her head peek out the door, "Get the Maester, she needs to push." Rhaenyra's groans could be heard even more.

Theon stood from the floor and ran down the hall, leaving Robb alone in his loathing state. He looked down toward his son, the child looked back. My eyes, Robb thought. He pulled Domeric on his lap and smiled only to think about what his next child would look like. Hopefully like their mother, he joked. Robb did know Domeric looked exactly like him, the young child was nearly his exact copy according to his mother. He wondered why the gods decided so. However, his vanity always stopped his questioning.

"Dada," came the sweet word he never grew tired of hearing. Domeric's small hand reached forward to scratch against his father's barley growing beard. "Hurts,'' he said, pulling his chubby palm from Robb's cheek. Robb turned sloppily kissed his cheek. A screech erupted from his son.

In the bedroom, Rhaenyra repositioned herself on all fours. Another contraction erupted through her lower back and abdomen, causing a profanity to rip through the room. She opened her eyes, sweat burning her as she looked to see the midwife's face become flustered. "Where's the fucking Maester?" She gritted her teeth, the need to push becoming more difficult to disobey.

"On his way," the midwife knelt in front of her, bringing a cool cloth to her forehead. It didn't help.

Rhaenyra slapped her hand away, "Why can't you just pull him from me?"

"Do you see healing leeks on my dress?" Rhaenyra's eyes bore into her's, pure hatred clouded her gaze. "No."

Rhaenyra pushed herself from her knees to lay against the bed's pillows. She lifted her legs to her chest, not willing to wait for the Maester any longer. "I am just going to start."

"Don't you dare. Rhaenyra!" The two were interrupted by Theon Greyjoy opening the door, beside him Maester Luwin.

"My lady," his face paled. Theon's eyes were glued to the part of Rhaenyra's body that lovingly crowned her child's head. He quickly turned and left the room, leaving Maester Luwin as he went.

"That ought to scare him away from the whore house for a few days. Now, Lady Stark, are you ready." She nodded and anxiously waited for him to fall to the foot of the bed to begin.

Rhaenyra's cries could be heard still in the hallway, they echoed in Robb's mind as he prayed to his Gods. He begged them to keep her alive, begged them to keep her strong, and asked them to bless his child's life. There was a sudden screech of his name. He looked to Theon, whose face was still white with fear. Robb stood, giving the ward his son. Theon oddly held the child, his hands positioned oddly on Domeric's body. He went to the bedroom door.

"You are not to be here!'' Came the yell of the midwife, Robb ignored her exclaim and instead looked to the bed. His wife sat there, her legs pressed into her chest with glazed eyes. Tears and sweat mixed on her cheeks, she gave shattered breathes as their eyes met. Maester Luwin ignored his entrance.

"Robb," she sobbed. She clutched the midwife's hand, her free one reached out to her husband. Robb ignored the older woman's glares and proceeded to run to his wife. He held her hand and kissed her sweaty forehead. "I can't, he's stuck. He won't move any further."

"Yes, you can love, now come on. Breathe and push. Breathe and push." Rhaenyra heaved her upper body forward. She began to push again. "That's it, love," Robb looked down to see his child's head, then face, body, he was here. The beautiful blessing finally welcomed in the world, making his presence known with a loud cry. "Oh love there he is. He's beautiful." Robb kissed her head again, smiling as the Maester placed his son on his wife's chest. The small baby was beautifully filthy, both did not mind as they happily caressed him.

Rhaenyra smiled happily as the midwife pulled her child away to wash her new son. "It's Henry."

Robb's smile was equally ecstatic and wide, "It's Henry." He kissed her lips giddily, grateful for witnessing the birth of his son.

Moments later the sound of the tall tower's bells rang throughout Winterfell's walls. The same sound the bells made for each Stak child when they were born. Rhaenyra laid on her bed, patiently waiting for her husband to return with their son and Rickon. She wanted them to be the first to meet the new Lord. Lord Henry Stark was the beautiful child that suckled at her breast. His little hands occasionally hit her as he enjoyed his meal.

The child mirrored his brother in almost every way. Rhaenyra recalled Domeric's patchy red hair, his grey eyes he bore, and his small button nose. She bore a true Tully and Stark once again. Perhaps he will have my eyes, she thought, or something small of mine.

Henry moved his face away from her and placed his small cheek against her chest. He sighed, content with his meal. Rheanyra moved forward, placing her breast back in her shift. She settled Henry between her knees, examining the small child further.

"Rhea, we're here!" Rickon shouted from the doorway, she had not noticed it opened. Robb stood beside him, holding his small hand. His free arm wrapped around Domeric who curiously looked toward his mother on the bed.

"Shhh, Henry's asleep." Rickon ignored his brother's remark and jumped to the bed beside his good sister.

Rhaenyra gave a small laugh, "He's just finished eating. You are not interrupting any sleep." Rickon looked oddly to the child in front of them.

"He is so small, was Domeric that small? Was I?" Robb walked toward the bed, sitting on the opposite side of his wife. He placed Domeric close to his brother, allowing him to see the baby.

Robb answered, "Domeric was small, not you. You were the size of Shaggy dog when you were born." He smiled at his brother who laughed at the comment.

"No, that is too big." He whispered, eyes never leaving his small nephew. Domeric, who curiously examined his brother crawled closer to him. His chubby hand gently tapped the baby's small head, hoping to get a reaction. A small murmur was returned.

Rhaenyra inched forward, hoping to whisper to her son. "This is your brother, Domeric. Henry, say hello sweet boy." Her son looked down at his brother, his blue eyes looking over him.

"Hello,'' Domeric's spoke. He fell to his stomach, laying on his side hoping to further look at his brother. "A baby, Mama!" A smile broke on his face.

Rhaenyra nodded, she leaned back, her gaze met her husband's. He lovingly wrapped his arm around her waist, his fingers spreading over her side. She turned to kiss his cheek, perfectly content with the moment.