Part 5

Rhaenyra grasped Robb's hand, grateful she was wearing gloves. Her palms were sweating beneath from nerves. She rested her free hand on her belly, trying to ease her anxious feelings. She turned to Robb, who did not let his nerves show. He held onto her hand tightly, his other held onto their son who rested his head on his father's shoulder. The sound of horses became louder and the grip the two had on each other's hand became tighter.

The first banners of House Baratheon came into view, the proud stag was followed by the golden Lannister lion. A blonde boy came into view, a boy clearly of Lannister blood. His green eyes wandered over each of their faces, stopping at Sansa who he looked over. Rhaenyra looked to the girl on her right to notice her good sister's blush. The royal carriage followed the boy along with numerous King's Guards and Lannister soldiers. Then came a man, so fat his horse was clearly struggling to hold him up. "The king," Robb whispered to her. She snickered softly, as did he. The party came to a halt as Robert Baratheon toddled off his horse.

Rhaenyra struggled to bend her knees, Robb let go of her hand to wrap it around her forearm to steady her. The king was approaching quickly, Ned stood. Robb helped her up, his eyes never leaving the king. "You got fat," came the raspy voice of Robert. Rhaenyra gently tapped Robb who she gave a questioning look to. Are we meant to laugh, she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted by the king and Ned's hearty laughter. Robert began to greet her family, beginning with Catelyn and Rickon. She watched as the king ruffled the small boy's hair and smiled as Rickon attempted to flatten in as the king made his way toward her husband.

"You must be Robb," he shook Robb's hand and glanced toward the tired child in his arms. "And who is this?"

"Domeric," Rhaenyra answered beside the two. Her eyes met the king's for the first time, the eyes of the man who destroyed one of the greatest dynasties of all time. "Heir to Winterfell and the Dreadfort."

"The Dreadfort?" The king spat out the name, "You're Roose's daughter, aren't you. You don't look anything like him or your mother." He grabbed her hand that stuck to her side and kissed the back of it. She was grateful she was wearing gloves. Robert continued to greet her family, leaving a bitter feeling in her stomach. Robb's free hand reached for her's, he intertwined their fingers.

The queen then exited the carriage, followed by two Lannister children and various maids. Rhaenyra glanced over her face, a sour look contoured her features. She spoke to one of the King's guards, his features mirrored her own. It was the Kingslayer.

That night, Rhaenyra sat proudly beside her husband. Domeric thankfully was being watched by Old Nan, he did not need to witness the fowl forms of celebration. The feast was loud, music blared and obnoxious laughs howled throughout the hall. Men surrounded the king as he pulled maids to his lap, encouraging his filth. Rhaenyra watched from her seat across from Theon, gripping her goblet tightly as she watched Robert place his face in a woman's breasts. She forced herself to look away and took a sip of her wine.

"Love!'' Rhaenyra turned on the bench to see Robb calling her from the end of the table. He stood alongside a man, clearly a Stark, adorned fully in black. Benjen Stark, she thought as she stood to her husband's call. She lived her dark skirts as she walked, mindful of every step she took. The closer she reached Robb, his uncle and father, the more a slight dreadful feeling settled in her stomach. This dread was pushed aside as she saw the pure pride on her husband's face.

"Uncle this is my wife," Robb placed his arm around her waist. "Lady Rhaenyra Stark." He kissed the side of her face, she smelled the rum on his breath.

"My lady,'' Benjen knelt slightly, Rhaenyra nodded her head to him. "I am delighted to see the rumors are true, you do not look very Bolton. You have earned your name the Pretty Wolf."