Part 16

Rhaenyra rested in the grass against her husband's legs. She eagerly watched Bran ride across the field before her, Domeric happily pressed against his chest. Their joyous cries breaking the forest's tranquility. Rhaenyra smiled at the sight of the two happy children. She turned to her side, seeing her youngest enjoying the new outdoor setting. He laid on his mother's discarded cloak, desperately attempting to lift his head to examine the grass that temptingly tickled his palms as he pulled himself further from his parents. Henry would give an upset cry when Rhaenyra would pull him toward her again and lay him back on his stomach.

Robb would laugh each time, "Stubborn boy we have."

"He gets it from you," Rhaenyra's head fell back, her eyes meeting his.

"Oh no love, from you." He bent slightly in his seat to kiss her forehead. Rhaenyra giggled lightly, returning to watch her son and brother in law. Bran caused the horse to erupt into a run, he and Domeric happily shouted together as it did. Their hair bounced with each trot, smiles gracing their youthful faces. "Not too fast," advised Robb. The children paid no mind.

His hands rested against Rhaenyra's shoulders, gripping ever so slightly. His worry emanating through his touch. She sighed, reaching to rub his gloved hand with her own.

"When are you going to tell him?" Questioned Theon, he reached to his side bringing his bow closer to him to check its string. Rhaenyra turned in her seat, her interest peaking at his question. She rested her arms against Robb's lap looking up to him for an answer.

"Not now," he whispered. Rhaenyra's stomach dropped, wanting to know what the two were referring to.

"You need to make the Lannisters pay for Jory and the others."

"What?" She whispered, "What happened?" Robb sighed heavily as his blue eyes met hers.

"My father's guards, including Jory, were killed by Lannister soldiers." Rhaenyra's heart raced at his words. Her mind raced as she worried about Ned and her sister's by law.

"What of your father?"

"He was injured, but alive. He remains hand of the King." Rhaenyra pushed a hand through her hair as her anxiousness increased. An undying need to race to the Capital heavily increasing.

"Why was I not told?" Robb shook his head, turning his gaze go watch his brother and son. "I am your wife and your lady." She angrily turned to Theon.

"You did not need to worry," spoke Robb. He lifted her hands from his thighs, she had dug her nails into his breeches.

Rhaenyra sighed, "From now, you each will inform me of every matter concerning our house. Do you understand?" Theon quickly nodded, Robb made no form of agreement. "We need to make the Lannisters pay."

"You lot are talking about war," Robb said.

"We're talking about justice," Theon calmly argued.

"Only the Lord of Winterfell can call in the Bannermen raise an army," Robb's hands returned to Rhaenyra's shoulder's as he spoke.

Theon turned, his eyes watching Bran and Domeric. "The Lannister's put a spear through your father's leg." Rhaenyra turned abruptly, rage enveloping her at the thought of Ned falling over because of the lions. "The Kingslayer rides for Casterly Rock where no one can touch him!" She silently encouraged Theon's anger, they needed to act.

"You want me to march on Casterly Rock?" Robb nearly laughed at the thought, Rhaenyra loudly interrupted him.

"You are not a boy no longer! Have you not a wife, children, have you not killed men? Why are you apprehensive? Robb, they attacked your father! They already started the war." How can he not see the wrongness in his actions, she thought.