Part 6

"I hate this visit truly," Rhaenyra whined as Catelyn helped her into a blue gown. "How can you be so nice? They are all awful." She pushed her arms through the bell sleeves and held the top of the dress to her chest.

Catelyn laughed lightly as she began to tie the strings at the nape of her neck, "I don't know." Rhaenyra laughed with her. "But I cannot sit with the queen any longer, that is why you are going." She finished tying the strings and held Rhaeyra's hand to guide her toward the bed. Domeric sat amongst the pillows in only his diaper, waiting for his mother to dress him.

"And you are awful for making me go alone." Catelyn parted her hair with her thin fingers, pushing her hair to the side, she began to braid. "What was your excuse for not joining her?''

"Domeric had a fever," came the small whisper. Rhaenyra turned in her spot, Catelyn stopped braiding.

"You lied so horribly to get out of spending time with her grace. I admire that." She sat straighter, fiddling with the dire wolf ring on her right ring finger. "I don't even know what to talk about, with her? Her children?" Catelyn began to tie off the braid at its end.

She sighed, "You will think of something you are a clever girl." She offered Rhaenyra her hands to stand. 

Rhaenyra slowly walked to the guests' quarters, dread enveloping her as she did. The familiar feeling alluding a reminiscing emotion. She wrung her hands as she nervously reached the room at the end of the hall, silently hoping the Queen would not be as awful as her twin. With a shaky hand, she knocked on the door. 

"Come in," came the soothing voice of the queen. Rhaenyra twisted to the doorknob, palms sweaty. She was greeted by the back of Cersei Lannister, the woman was looking out the window, a thick cloak wrapped around her person. She turned, "Ah a pretty wolf, I was told your mother in law would be joining me today. Not you." The green eyes looked over Rhaenyra as if she was examining her prey.

"Lady Stark is with my son, he is ill." Her hands went to her belly, attempting to soothe herself. She waited for Cersei to allow her to sit.

The queen gave a questioning look, "Oh, well then come. Pour us a drink and we shall enjoy each other's company." Cersei sat elegantly in the highback chair placed by the fire, she wrapped the cloak tighter around herself. Rhaenyra went to the dresser, where a jug of wine and few chalices were placed. She shakily began to pour the wine into a glass for the queen. She steadied her hand and walked toward the woman, and passed her the cup.

"Your grace," Rhaenyra whispered. Cersei nodded to her, eyes glancing toward the adjacent chair.

"You're with child?" Rhaenyra nodded, hands protectively going to her stomach again. "I will pray to the mother it is a boy, a healthy boy." Cersei then looked into her glass, the awkward silence enveloped them. "Tell me, what is it like living amongst the wolves?" Rhaenyra wrung her hands in her seat.

Her voice cracked, "I am one," she was interrupted.

"Through marriage. You have altered yourself greatly to fit in." The queen's thin eyebrows rose with her last statement.

Rhaenyra looked back, mouth open. "I have not. I continue to be a true northern woman."

"But the flayed man of your house has been replaced by a dire wolf. Tell me pretty wolf, do you see me giving up my lion for a stag?" Rhaenyra shook her head. "Exactly, never forget your family. Their words, their ambitions. You are weak if you do."

That night, her anger and sadness faded, Rhaenyra happily laid with her husband. Finding solitude to be a perfect remedy. Her head rested against her husband's chest, she gently rubbed her hand across it letting her fingers cress him. They laid entangled in one another, their sweaty limbs wrapped around the other. Rhaenyra lifted her head to look up to Robb, whose eyes were struggling to stay open. "Gods bless my mother for taking Domeric." Rhaenyra giggled as his chest moved with each word.

"Yes," she sat up then, moving her hair to tie it in a loose bun. "Where is our fast little wolf? I haven't seen him all day." Robb's calloused hand went to her back, rubbing light circles against her skin.

He sat up beside her, "Yes, he's as fast as the wind. But I am afraid I do not know. Probably chasing your poor cat." Rhaenyra leaned against him, a tired feeling enveloping her. He kissed the back of her head and whispered, "Grey Wind." She turned to face him.

"Grey Wind?'' He nodded, a smile spreading across his face.

"He is grey and fast, so," he paused. "Grey Wind." Rhaenyra gave him an odd look and pushed herself off the bed, her stomach dropped. The child had shifted causing her belly to now hang lower, they would no doubt be born soon.

She glanced back to her husband, he watched her as she waddled across the room. "Your son is ready to be born, have we discussed names?'' Robb shook his head. "I do like Henry or Roose for my father. But Henry is my favorite." Rhaenyra went to the dresser, retrieving a nightgown and attempted to pull it over the swell of her belly. "But for a girl?"

Robb pulled the furs higher up his body, "Lyanna. Or Bethany." Rhaenyra smiled at him as she fell to the bed beside him.