Part 9

Rickon gripped Rhaeyra's hand as the two walked together to bid farewell to the Starks departing for the Wall and the Capital. They were heading to the courtyard, to give their blessings and goodbyes. He smiled up to her, "I hope Sansa and Arya bring me back a sword. Something spectacular from the capital." Rhaenyra laughed.

"A toy perhaps." She playfully squeezed his hand.

The courtyard was bustling, servants scattered preparing horses and carriages for the royal family and Starks to depart. Amongst the life Rhaenyra spotted Robb, holding Domeric high in his arms, speaking to Jon.

Rhaenyra let go of Rickon's hand, "I see your father," she pointed to Ned who was speaking to Ser Rodrick. "Go bid him farewell and many blessings, I will be over soon." The small boy nodded and expertly ran through the towering people to his father. Rhaenyra watched as Ned's face brightened and he knelt to embrace his child. She turned and began to walk toward her husband and his bastard brother.

"It's always been my color," she heard Jon say as she finally approached. "Rhea." His eyes met hers, filled with a hurt look.

"Jon, I have come to say goodbye." She turned to Robb, he nodded and smiled to his child as he walked away to see his sisters. "You were serious." Her hands went to her stomach, trying to ease her nerves.

Jon nodded, "Yes.'' Came the whisper of his voice. Rhaenyra sighed and reached into the pocket of her cloak to retrieve a small silver object.

"You and I both know I do not support your choice. But," she reached for his hand, placing the item in his palm. "But you are my brother in all but blood. You adore my son and my husband. I deny Lady Stark's treatment toward you, I hate it." Jon opened his hand to see the silver dire wolf figure she had made immediately following their dispute. "You may not have our name, but you are of our blood." Jon held the figure to his eyes, seeing the ruby eyes and white gold encrusted into the small sculpture. "I prayed every day for your protection, and will pray." Jon looked back to her and wrapped his arms around her, mindful of her belly.

Jon kissed her head, "Stay well sister. I will write when I can." They let their arms fall from each other. Rhaenyra walked away, to rejoin her husband.

Sansa held Domeric against her person, tears nearly falling from her blue eyes. "I want to take him." Robb laughed at the sight of his younger sister. Arya, who stood beside him, rolled her eyes.

"You can't take my heir," he jokingly said to her. Rhaenyra walked beside him, pulling Arya to her.

"Were you trying to leave without a goodbye dear girl?" Arya laughed as her good sister blew against her cheek. "Give them hell down there." Arya nodded before running to Jon, who continued to ready his horse. She turned to Sansa, who reluctantly placed Domeric on the floor. The small boy stood near his young aunt, refusing to leave her side. "Your grace," Rhaenyra nodded her head to Sansa. "Next time we meet you might be queen." Sansa nodded, looking to the floor with a blush. She looked back to her good sister and ran, throwing her arms over her neck.

"I will miss you, my sister." 

Rhaenyra and Robb isolated themselves following the departure. The worry-filled Winterfell immediately began to question their abilities following Ned Stark's exit. It was too overwhelming. Rickon joined them in their solitude, wanting to enjoy their company without the bothersome nonsense of the castle. The members of the Stark family sat together in Robb and Rhaenyra's quarters, the door closed in attempts to ignore the bustle outside. 

"House Greyjoy?''

"What is dead may never die,'' said Rickon from his place in front of the fire.

"Wrong!'' Laughed Robb, he sat besides Rhaenyra on the bed. He scratched Grey Wind's belly, the wolf's leg moved quickly with each scratch. Rhaenyra ate apples on her side, occasionally handing Domeric one for his painful cutting teeth. "It is We Do Not Sow. How about,'' he looked to Rhaenyra wickedly before saying, "The Boltons?" She shook her head as she cut another slice of her apple.

"Oh! Our blades are sharp, that's Rhea's house." He smiled at her, she lifted her brows at his excitement.

"I am a wolf like you, no longer a Bolton." She said quietly.

"Then your words are winter is coming?" She nodded. He got up from his seat, the dire wolf that slept silently in the corner lifted its head. "I want to see mother, here Shaggy Dog." Rhaenyra's eyes followed him as he left the room.

Robb stopped petting Grey Wind, his expression returning to that of a saddened man as his false mask disappeared. He turned to his wife, "How are you feeling?"

"I feel I need to push your son out myself and not wait for him." He laughed slightly as he saw her lack of expression. "I do hope he is born soon," she stood from the bed to walk toward the dresser to retrieve a glass of water for her son. As she waddled, the pain in her back ceased. She sighed in thanks. Pouring the glass, she took a sip before pouring more water into the glass.

"Rhaenyra?'' She hummed her response, "Did," She looked to Robb whose face was red. "Did you?" He looked to the floor, water laid on the floor in a trickle pattern. Rhaenyra looked to the water, shocked. She did not pay mind to Robb's gaze as she lifted her layers of skirts, being greeted by her drenched thighs.

"The gods are truly good," her eyes looked back to her husband. "Get the maester. Your son is to be born."