Prologue

You are 17 years old, and you've been on Zarkon's ship as long as you can remember

You are 17 years old, and you've been on Zarkon's ship as long as you can remember. You can't remember anything from when you were a little kid. All you can remember is that when you were younger, Zarkon and Haggar saved you from evil people that wanted to kill you for being different. You were grateful and loved them to the point you would call them mom and dad. You still loved them even when they tortured you because that's what they called love.

However, deep down you were also terrified.

He hurt you every day. He would break some bones one day; other days, he would throw you and step all over you. He would call you names and get his weapons to injure you. He tortured you to teach you a lesson when you did something terrible or shed any tears. On other days the reason for his torture was that you were his doll that needed to get stronger. So that you were prepared for when they were to capture you one day again, and you wouldn't cave in to help them. There were rare occasions when he didn't torture you since he was in a good mood. He told you was his way of showing genuine love for you since he said no other father like him would do that. 

Haggar was no better, and you were scared of her more than Zarkon. Zarkon was giving you more physical pain, and Haggar was giving you more mental distress. She would use her powers to make you feel like you were having physical pains on special days, which weren't as bad as Zarkon's torture. But when it was the days that she decided to make you relive painful memories and make your experience what could have happened if they didn't save you. It would mess you up and make you think it happened. You feel every single pain that was given to you mentally and physically, and you cannot forget about the pain until a few days later. It was the worst since it was ingrained in your head, and you would remember the exact pain. She would only do that twice a week since she told you if you were to get any more, it would make you go insane. It was her way of making you stronger. 

But It didn't make you stronger. It only made you break inside even more. 

You cried every night from the pain they gave you, but you kept telling yourself that it was their way of love. To protect me and not cave into their tricks. Some days when it was awful, you wanted to be free from the pain. Yet you couldn't run away from it since they were your parents. As well as, if those people found you again, they would do tests on you and make you feel even worse than the Zarkon and Haggar tortures they were giving you. So you continued to obey them and go through the pain. 

They allowed you to roam around the ship with a bunch of guards protecting and keeping an eye on you. You are never allowed to leave your home unless something dangerous happens or when no one can figure out how to fix a particular problem with their technology system. Mostly, you would leave the ship to help resolve the tech issues. You were well-known around the galaxy as Zarkon's most prize possession. With that, the galrans and other species started to call you princess since Zarkon liked you a lot and would not allow anyone to hurt you. At first, you hated it, but you didn't mind it since it grew. All you wished was the torturing and pain would stop, then life would be much better, but you knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon.