Chapter 8 Part 2

Allura's POV:

The Castle of Lions were now on the planet of Balmera and we were trying to get the Balmerans out. 

"Shay, Rax,  we lost Silas! We lost him in the mines!" I looked over to see another Balmeran woman that looked like she was about to faint as her husband was holding her.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Sky and Draxin lost their son while coming towards the surface to escape." Shay said with worry.

"Don't worry we'll find him, Sky and Draxin." Rax said trying to comfort them. 

~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~

Author's POV:

"Woahh... Y/n where ever you step you're making the ground glow grayish/blue." Silas said as he was looking at the ground while still being held by you. As he said that you looked down at the ground and back up, looking around to find an exit. 

"Oh... Well doesn't that happen to anyone that comes to Balmera?" You asked nonchalantly. 

"No... Even for Balmerans we can just use our hands to make it glow and that's when we get older. Are you a Balmeran too? The thing is though that it glows blue for us when we connect with the Balmera... Why is yours grayish/blue?" Silas asked, now looking at you. You made eye contact with him

"No... I'm not Balmeran at all... Or I don't think I am. I'm not quite sure Silas..." you said as you were looking at him. Then you looked down at your feet, wondering why was the ground was glowing for you and why it was a different color. 

The planet was shaking vigorously now and Silas started to whimper again, hiding closer to your neck. As for you, the shake was so intense that you crouched down while holding Silas still and used one had to cover his head. 

*Creak Creak*

You looked up and saw that the metal that was holding the mine shaft was starting to fall down on you guys. You closed your eyes and held Silas closer and covered him as much as you can to protect him from the metal that was about to crush the both of you.

~~~~~BACK TO VOLTRON~~~~~

Keith's POV:

"Paladins, I know you're keeping the monster busy but one of the Balmerans lost their son. We must find him and the girl." Allura said as we were fighting off the monster.

"Alright, Princess. Keith, Pidge look find the little boy and the girl. Lance and Hunk, you guys are with me we'll keep the monster busy." Shiro said as he was devising a plan. 

"Copy that." Pidge and I said

"Awww do I really have to? Can't I look for the boy?" Hunk said as he was scared.

With that Pidge and I tried to fly away but the monster had too many eyes and wouldn't let us leave. 

"Ugh! This monster has too many eyes! It won't let us go!" Pidge said as she was dodging the green lasers beams coming out of it's arms and face.  

How are we going to fight this monster off? It seems unbeatable... I hope the girl is okay... KEITH! Stop thinking about her! She's the enemy and might be Zarkon's daughter. Focus on the mission. 

Allura's POV:

The planet was shaking even harsher than before.

"It's on the verge of collapsing! We have to go!" Coran said as he was running towards us. 

"But the Balmerans!" I said desperately. 

"They're trapped! What can be done? Time is short!" As Rax said that he was upset and worried for his people and the ground started to rumble again. 

"Every hit weakens the Balmera. Have you evacuated yet? What's happening?" Hunk said as he sounded like they were having a tough time avoiding it's lasers.

"Balmerans are trapped. Just keep distracting the beast!" Coran said as we need more time

 "We're lost! All are trapped with no chance for escape!" As the Shay said that as she was holding her head and squatted, scared to die. 

"We can't give up." I said as I crouched down and put my hand on her shoulder.

"But what can be done?" Shay asked as she was looking at Princess Allura. Then we all noticed that the ground was glowing blue where the Castle of Lion was. 

"The Balmera! The ground beneath your mighty ship appears healed. Its essence thrives. But how?" she asked as she appears amazed.

"The Castle!"

"Not just the Castle, but you, as well." the grandma Balmeran said while looking at me. Then the ground was glowing blue underneath me too.

"It's true. Your Altean energy combined with the ship's crystal has revitalized this part of the Balmera." Coran said

"That's it! Maybe we can perform the ceremony you spoke about. We can save the Balmera." As Allura said that she got up with Shay.

"What ceremony?" Rax asked as he did not understand this ceremony was. 

"In the days of old, when Alteans were given the gift of crystals from a Balmera, we would repay its sacrifice by performing a ceremony. A scared Altean would re-infuse the Balmera with quintessence. In this way, we had a symbiotic relationship." Coran said as he looked where it was glowing blue underneath the ship. 

"The Galra have only been taking. It's time we give back. I can connect with the crystal in the bridge and use the Castle's power as an amplifier." Allura said as she walked closer to where it was glowing blue under her ship and everyone followed.

"When your father performed the ceremony, it was on a much smaller scale. This won't be enough to heal an entire planet Princess. It's only enough to heal just 1/3 of the planet. I beg you. Just by doing this could take more energy than you possess. You may not live through it." Coran spoke a bit softly as lace of worry was surrounding his voice. I turned my head and looked at Coran.

"I know you're scared for me, Coran but I must try even if it means that I can heal the Balmera just for 1/3 of it. It will be enough time for the Balmera to escape then." As I said that I was ready to take this action. 

~~~~~BACK TO YOU~~~~~

Author's POV:

As you were waiting for the impact of the heavy metal to crush you, it never came. You slowly opened your opened your eyes and saw that you were in the gray force field again that you were able to make. It protected you and Silas as the metal surround the both of you from the force field. You put Silas down to the ground and looked at him. He then looked around and notice that the both of you guys were safe. 

"Woahhhhh.... How did you do that Y/n?!" he asked as his face lit up with wonderment.

"I forgot that I had powers and that I can make things like this." as you said that you got rid of the force field. Just as you did that your head started to hurt with an immense pain. You started to breath faster and used your left head to hold your head as you try to add pressure to stop the pain.

"AHHHH." You yelled 

"W-What's wrong Y/n?! A-Are you okay?" Silas asked with fear, scared that you were hurt and as he asked he touched your right arm.

"Y-Yeah. My head just hurts a little bit." As you were breathing heavily, trying not to make Silas worried about you. But the headache you were receiving was the worst pain ever and just wished that it would stop.

Child, C-Can you hear me? Save the Balmera by touching the ground with your hands.

Who are you? Whose voice is that? You're not one of the five Lions. How are you able to talk to me through my head like the lions?!

As you thought that to yourself, you looked around to see if anyone was talking to you but you saw no one.