Chapter 3 Part 2: Return of the Gladiator

It hit me; we completely forgot about Zarkon's daughter, that was in the back of the robot when we were fighting it

"Shit!" I whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What is it, Keith?" Hunk asked, but as he did, I knew it clicked into Shiro and Pidge's heads. We dismantled Voltron and became lions again.

"Zarkon's daughter!" Pidge said as she was worried that we might have hurt her in the process. We all dashed out of our lions and to the tube where the girl was held in. As we made it, we all gasped. The glass part of the tube where we can see her was broken, and some pieces were sunken into her skin. She also had burn marks on the outer side of her arms and legs as the metal was scorching hot from the explosion.

I knew if she stayed there any longer, she would surely die. I walked up to the tube and noticed that she was covered in sweat. I also noticed a few cuts around her s/c (skin color) face and saw blood sliding down from her forehead to her eyes. I was about to grab her but burned my hand a little as I touched the scorching hot metal. I hissed from the pain and shook my hand.

"Keith!" Everyone yelled at me, but I ignored them as I couldn't take my eyes off of her.... her face was scrunching from the pain she felt even though she was unconscious. I took a deep breath and lifted her out of the tube she was in. I gritted my teeth as my arms were touching the metal, and the suit wasn't helping much in protecting me. I finally pulled her out and was holding her bridal style.

"Shiro, we need to take her to the healing pod," I said as I looked at Shiro for help.

"Yeah, I agree. Everyone to their lions and back to the castle. Keith, you take her since you're already holding her." With that, everyone nodded their heads and ran towards their Lions. As we did, I heard Shiro communicating with Allura.

As the paladins were running to get help, they failed to notice that galras were watching their every move as they flew past them

"Korus! They have the Princess, and it seems they're taking her to the castle!" Rehan said as his voice was laced with worry.

"We need to get her back quickly," Dewei said as he tried to devise a plan. They all knew if they didn't get her back soon and Zarkon found out Voltron took her; they would all be dead in his hands.