Chapter 6 Part 2: Sixth Lion, A Gray Lion?

How is she able to talk to the Lions? Is it because of her powers? This is a new power that she developed

How is she able to talk to the Lions? Is it because of her powers? This is a new power that she developed... Ugh, my control over her mind isn't as strong anymore. I can't hear what she's asking them... Wait, did I hear Ayala's name? What was that? Another what?

"NOOOOO!" I was out of my thoughts as I lost control of Y/n's thoughts because of the lions. I knew this was not good, and I needed her back soon. Or else the barrier I created in her memories would be unlocked, and my control to hear and see through her will be no more. I already started to notice that the barrier was cracking even when Zarkon told me he got information back from her guards. Then the nonstop yelling was coming from him to me because I didn't make the tube safe enough for her, which is understandable. Anyways, I'm not able to see her thoughts as much as I was able to before, which is a bad sign... It means her memories will be unlocked soon if she stays near the Lions and Paladins. I must tell Zarkon... I might have to send one of my Druids to get her. He won't be happy with this news.

~MEANWHILE~

Right after the Lions stopped talking to me, my head pain disappeared

Right after the Lions stopped talking to me, my head pain disappeared. I heard a scream coming from behind, and I turned around to see the Red paladin ready to strike me with his sword as he was in the air. I shut my eyes and put my hand out to protect myself from his sword.

ROAR!

I fluttered my eyes open, only for them to widen. There was a force field surrounding me, but it wasn't mine. I looked around to see all the Lions' eyes glowing gray as they were standing before me, protecting me. I then see the Red Lion's jaw clenching the Red paladin's sword in between her jaw as the Red paladin hangs onto the blade.

"Red! It's me! Your Paladin!" I heard him yell as he tried to hold on but failed and hit the floor. Then the Red Lion threw his sword to the other side, so it was nowhere near me.

Don't worry, child. Akane will keep you safe.

I looked at the Red Lion named Akane, protecting the other lions and me. I stopped staring at the Lion as I saw the Blue paladin from the corner of my eye going to the Red paladin and helping him up. They all looked terrified as the lions growled at them and inched closer. They slowly backed up. As they were doing that, I noticed other paladins coming in with the two Alteans.