Chapter 24

Hyena's POV

"Siyeon ah! What the hell are you doing?" The chocolate I was holding just now landed on the ground.

Siyeon was shaking when she eyed me. "What is it, uh? Why did you suddenly act like this?" I stood up and staring at her.

"Hyena yahh, M-minghao s-sai-d.." Siyeon's eyes turned bigger.

"Said what?!" I was so confused by her sudden action. She then turned the speaker on and gave me her phone.

"Hyena, calm down first okay." Minghao spoke. "Listen to me, throw the chocolates. Don't eat that."

"Who are you to order me to do things?" I was about to end the call but he suddenly yelled.

"Blood! It's blood, Hyena. Not strawberry syrup nor rose. I know you're mad at me but please trust me this time. Throw it, please. Someone is picking on you." I speechlessly looked at Siyeon.

I sighed. "Sorry." I apologized.

"Hyena, can I..come over to visit you?"

"I don't feel like meeting anyone. Just keep studying for the near exam. Bye." I gave the phone back to Siyeon.

"Be safe." The last word from him before the call reach its end.

"Hyena, don't you think that you're being too cruel to Minghao? Now that you're avoiding him, he still cares a lot about you. The notes I bring here is also half of his. And yeah, he asked me to pass this to you. Even in silence, he badly wants to protect you." She handed me a pack of sticky notes.

"You don't know how miserable my life is now because of him. I can't live my life properly. Everything about him bothering me every single day. I'm in a mess. You don't know how hard it is for me." I held back my tears and sat on my bed with my hands holding the sticky notes tightly.

"It's because you can't forget him. But you keep forcing yourself. What are you afraid of? Getting hurt? If he's meant to be with you, no matter how far you ran from him..fate will always meet you both back to each other. Stop hiding, Hyena." She adviced me.

"I'm sorry, Siyeon. Can I have my time alone? Thank you for the notes and your visit. I need to calm myself first." I walked to the window

"Then I'll take my leave. I hope you'll be okay, Hyena." She left my room.

I opened the curtain and..I saw a guy walked away from my house. His back is so familiar to me. Xu Minghao, you actually came.

♡♡♡♡

I woke up earlier today than usual. Immediately dressing up for school. "You're going to school today? You're sure about that?" My brother, Dokyeom entered my room.

I nodded to him. "Siyeon said, I should stop hiding. She's right." I grabbed my phone and tie before going out.

"Be careful on your way there. Mom will come back tonight. Let's welcome her with a little dinner celebration." He patted my back.

I then leave the house and took a bus to school. When I entered the class, everyone ran towards me. "Hyena, are you okay?" They all looked differently to Jane.

I nodded, telling them I'm fine. I put the bag at my seat. My seatmate, Minghao was not here yet. Or perhaps, absent?

Jane suddenly walked to me. "Hyena, can we talk outside?" I agreed, following her to school's garden.

"I'm changing class." Her words made me stop my step.

"But why? Is it because of me?" I asked.

"Of course no. I ask you to have a talk because, I personally wanna apologize for all the wrong things I've done towards you. I'm sorry for keep hurting you." She bowed to me.

"Jane, I don't get you." I confusedly staring at her.

"You don't remember anything during the detention class?" I shook my head. "It's okay. I just want to apologize and I hope that even if I change my class, you'll still look at me as a friend and once your classmate." She explained.

"I'll always take you as my friend. But Jane, is it a need to change class?" I slowly asked her. She doesn't seem to want to change her decision.

"If I didn't, I'm afraid that I can't forget Minghao. I can't move on, I can't accept the fact that he doesn't love me. He's yours, Hyena. Appreciate his love because he really likes you. You both are made for each other." Why do I feel sad hearing her words? She's so daring to speak out for her heart's voice but I'm still hiding inside.

"How do you know that he really likes me? What if he just act out? Maybe deep inside, he feels something about you too." I chuckled a little.

"Because before you enter this school, he has never being nice to any girls. He never cares about girls' existence. He only knows to involve in violence, skipping class, breaking rules, detention, suspended from school and hangout with bad people. Maybe he looks childish, like a person with no brain when it comes to love. Because it's his first love. You drag him out of his darkest moments in life, Hyena. You opened his eyes. He listens to you whenever you ask him to get lost because he's afraid that you might afraid of his temper. He's afraid to hurt you. So he could only distance himself." She held my hand.

"Do you not want to cross the distance? Reach him back before you no longer can break the wall in between you and him. If this love really moves you, don't let it go. Chase it, Hyena."

"I..don't know, Jane."