Chapter 13

Clarke POV
The sound of shuffling and a feeling of safety flooded me seconds after I became conscious. I keep my eyes closed as I feel my head pounding, almost as if complaining about how much I drank last night. The sound of shuffling continues throughout the room and that's when I realize... I don't know who's room I'm in.

My eyes immediately open trying to take in my surroundings. I instantly regret it as the pounding becomes even worse. I close my eyes once again and open them slower than before to adjust my eyes to the sudden change. I notice that I am in a very large bedroom that radiates luxury. Even the sheets, more like furs, of the bedroom screamed rich.

The right side of the room is closed off with a glass wall that has a balcony attached to it. The wall has a perfect view of Atlanta in its morning wake. I'm laying in a king-sized bed that's facing a very enormous flat screen tv. Beside the bed, there's a nightstand. Underneath the tv, there is a fireplace that looked like it could be used. My entire living room and kitchen could fit in this one room.

I sat up and glanced over to the left side of the room to know who's penthouse I'm in. I see someone in a sports bra and tights, bending over looking through a travel bag. I notice the intricate tattoo on their back as well as the one on their arm.

The sound of shuffling stopped for a few short seconds before resuming. I studied their figure trying to remember the night before. My thoughts were quickly interrupted by them speaking.

"Sorry if I woke you..." said a very familiar voice that held no emotion at all.

Lexa

Oh shit. Did we-? oh fuck.

I look underneath the sheets to realize I was in a white button-up. Wait. White? As in the white button-up Lexa had worn last night?!?

Oh, fuck me.

"We didn't. I know what you're thinking..." Lexa said in the same monotone. Her voice grasped my attention, I looked over to find her facing in my direction with a shirt in hand.

My panic must've been obvious as she walked over to me and sat on the edge of the bed. She reached over for my hand and started to rub slow gentle circles on the back of my hand. This calmed me down a tad bit although I'm not fully convinced.

"I would never ever take advantage of you Clarke," Lexa said in a completely different tone than before. It was soft, caring almost...

"No matter how much your intoxicated self wanted me," Lexa said smirking as she got off the bed. She started making her way to the door.

My mouth fell open at the comment. I couldn't seem to find a way to close it. The smirk and comment itself made my headache even worse. I suddenly felt dizzy.

Lexa turned around to see my shocked expression. She leaned against the door frame and laughed a little before saying "There's ibuprofen on the nightstand along with a glass of water". She kept staring at noticing that I wasn't making a motion for it.

"Clarke, I slept in the guest bedroom down the hall. There's nothing for you to worry about," Lexa said trying to calm my nervousness.

She stood there as I picked up the pills and took them. I felt her eyes watch me intently as I put the glass cup back down on the nightstand. Her eyes landed on mine, her arms crossed against her chest.

I stared back at her with the same intensity she stared at me with. I moved the furs off of me and started to get up. Once I was off the bed, I quickly glanced at the mirror across the room.

I definitely didn't make the mistake of wearing Lexa's button-up. I looked- wait is Lexa staring at me? I looked back at her quickly but her eyes seemed trained on mine.