2)Something isn't right.

HAPPY READING!

The cool and brisk night of winter was engulfing everyone and everything in its hold. Everything was so beautiful. So soothing. The road was of glass. The crystals of water reflecting the sky cascaded in darkness. It had rained in torrents the other night. The long shadowy trees were covering its coast giving the pedestrians a sense of coziness. The bustling wind had started to swirl enveloping the corpses of leaves in its embrace causing them to rustle. The fog was brewing a potion of its own kind. Of new beginning. Of holding on to all the happy memories that were gonna come and letting go all the bitter experiences. The city was illuminating at this hour sending calls of euphoria. Lahore was indeed very beautiful.

Wrapped in her cocoon of blanket, she was fast asleep when prayer calls hit her ears. The chilled atmosphere twitched her spine. She instantly woke up. The alarm hadn't even gone off yet. She never needed the alarm anyway. It was more like a precaution to ensure she wouldn't miss Fajar. The prayer call would always wake her up. Like God wants her to come to His doorsteps. She had never missed Fajar in 6 years. Other prayers she had but never Fajar. Not even once. It was the mark of a new day that Allah has given her and she would always want to start it with a pure heart because according to her happy beginnings lead to happy endings. And today was gonna start a new chapter of her life. The sun hadn't risen yet. She could feel the howls of wind piercing through the squeaky windows which had been left open.

She pushed the duvet off her body, slipped her feet in slippers, and went to the bathroom. She was feeling agitated so decided to take a shower first as it would help calm down her nerves. The hot scalding water perforated her body making her feel somewhat better. Once in the room she laid the prayer mat and stepped in to offer her namaz. She finished praying and after turning her head in salaam, she raised her hands to Allah for dua.

Ya Allah! Today is the beginning of a new chapter of my life. I ask for your forgiveness and mercy. Bestow me with the strength to deal with everything and protect me, and everyone I know or I don't know. Keep khala and Irha in your protection. Give my parents peace and tell them I miss them.

She folded her jai namaz and put it on the recliner and drew the curtains. The sun had risen now, irradiating her room with the warming hue of its light. The sun rays hit her eyes and she closed them in irritation, then slowly opened them and looked at the sky beneath from her naturally long curled lashes. The much-awaited day of her life was finally here with beauty engulfing it, foreshadowing many moments that were gonna come. The birds were ensconced in the trees, crooning the melody of Allah. Everything seemed so beautiful. She wrapped her arms tightly around her chest and closed her eyes trying to embrace the cool, husky wind brandishing her pink enchanted face.

Still feeling queasy, she crept out of the room and went into the living room where Sabeen was sitting on the couch, her legs crossed, reciting Quran Pak. Ayat kissed her cheek and buried her face in her laps. After Sabeen was finished, she blew Surhas over Ayat, closed the Quran Pak, wrapped it in an exquisite red cover with intricate silver embroidery on it and put it on the table.

"My baby's awake?"; she said brushing her hands through Ayat's naturally brown streaked hair which right now was a mess.

"Uh-um"; she said with groggy voice, her arms wrapped around her chest.

"You alright?"

"Yes, I am. Just a bit nervous. That's all"; Ayat retorted.

Sabeen caressed her face leaning downwards to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"That's completely alright my love. But there's nothing much to fret about. It's a part of life. You have to go through everything it has to offer and embrace it."; Sabeen said stroking her hair.