7)Yes or No?

Happy Reading!

"Oho. My best friend's getting engaged."; Irha teased from where she was sitting at the table across Ayat. Her elbows propped on the ebony and glass table and chin resting on the back of her hands.

Ayat had told Irha everything about the proposal and now they were in a restaurant orating on it. Tension was engulfing her from every crevice but the exotic aroma of coffee and dew soil was trying its best to ease it out.

The weather was rainy and it had been chucking down on and off since last night. But now it had taken a short break due to the exhaustion of exerting all its efforts on creating a mess. The wind, however, was still in action, dancing enthusiastically, carrying out all its moves perfectly.

"I'm not. I'm just considering the proposal right now."; she fiddled with her fork.

"What's the difference? Sooner or later you'll have to give the verdict. And let's be honest you are of age."

Ayat arched her eyebrow up as a droplet of rain crashed down the window pane by her side.

"Oh really? Then why don't you get engaged? You're a year older than me anyway. Better you than me."; she chided.

"Trust me I would only if mom dad would allow it."; she winked.

Ayat shook her head as the corpses of leaves rustled outside, droplets striking their hunter green skin like the sticks pattering the drum.

"What if he's not the right guy?"; she said in merely an audible whisper.

"What if he is the right guy? Why do you always have to contemplate on the negative outcome? It's a two way street, Ayat. And the fact that they're willing to give you as much time as you want proves that they are nice people."

Ayat dropped her head in both her hands and the wind outside howled in frustration.

"I don't know man. It's all so overwhelming. I don't know what to do."

Irha reached out to her hand and cradled it in hers as she rubbed circles at the back of it with the pad of her thumb.

"Hey, listen to me. I know it's hard but remember Allah has already made everyone in pairs. You've already been written in someone's fate and vice versa. So just pray to Him, give your verdict, and leave everything to Him."; she said as the lose strand of her hair dangled limply from her perfectly messy bun.

She nodded in understanding. Her almond eyes perfectly framed under her thick and curled lashes as she streaked the drop on the doused window down with her cold slender forefinger. Her gaze then suddenly fell on a tall and lean figure standing just an inch away from the window, his feet planted on the crystal sheen of road mirroring the amber ball in the sky playing hide and seek with the overcast of scattered cotton candies which were busy in brewing another round of shower. The guy had his back turned on Ayat so she couldn't make out his face. His athletic torso was quite evident from the beige sweater that was sealing his muscular abs. The hem of his black slacks stopped right above the white joggers which were immaculately tugged in a neat knot. His right hand was propping the umbrella which was harboring him from the drizzling gradually turning in to torrents. While the other hand was busy holding the phone to his ear.

She was busy observing everything while Irha ate the rest of her sandwich. Then a few seconds later, a car came chasing the duo of encompassing wind and escalating halo rain drops. It pulled up on the other side of the road. The dark black windows were caving the person inside not letting her have an insight. The guy instantly put the phone in his pocket and taking long strides strutted towards the car. The door of the car flew open while he was shutting the umbrella closed. As soon as he sat inside and leaned forward to shut the door, the face of the driver came into view and Ayat's eyes shot wide open, creasing from the middle in bewilderment and mouth hanging open.