8)The beginning of chaos.

AsAalamuAlaikum! My lovely readers. First of all I'm really sorry for late update. It's just that I've been a bit busy lately and I'll be a lot more this week so next update might also take a little longer but I'll try my best that it won't. So without further ado let's get into it ya'll.

Happy Reading!

It had been two days since Umer's family had come by and the engagement was supposed to take place in three days. Ayat hadn't done any shopping since she wasn't excited at all but after a lot of coaxing and cajoling, she gave in. Sabeen had already bought the ring for Umer. It was a black tungsten ring. Polished in black from outside and rose golden from inside. Perfect for his manly hands.

Ayat, however, hadn't even bought her dress yet. She asked Sabeen to buy it for her but she didn't listen and compelled her to do it herself as it was her day and everything should be according to her taste.

Irha was supposed to pick her up form university so they could go on an outfit hunting and even though she persisted not to, she had to give in eventually.

Today was the eighth day since Ahid had gone MIA and people had started to forget because that's what people do. They only condole for the first few days but as the days roll in, their rumors and gossips die too. As the time flies, your memories fade too. Life is nothing less than a treachery. It lures you into thinking that you're above all. That you matter. That your presence matters. But that's all just a lie because you really don't. The only person you matter to is yourself and no one else. So you can either live your life devouring the intangible facades of people or by emanating them and enjoying your own company. It's all up to you.

The class had started ten minutes ago and the chair was still standing there lifelessly, yearning for its true owner.

Everyone was absorbed and immersed in the lecture as the professor moved back and forth, moving his hands in explanations.

The pen sealed in her hand was scribbling the paper with the speed of light making it squeak in pain, her head moving back and forth between the professor and her notes.

Then a harsh but gentle knock emerged on the door and the voice of professor died but the pen still ran on that piece of paper, yearning to rest.

The door pushed open and everyone gasped as Neha popped up on her feet from where she was slouched on the chair. Ayat whose eyes were still etched on the paper peeked up at everyone's reaction as her hand took a break and the pen and paper sighed in relief.

Following their gazes, her eyes flew to the figure standing at the threshold and fell on a familiar cerulean pair of eyes. They were calm yet there was a mystique duel going on between water and the blazing fire in them. The dark circles below them quite evident and strands falling on the forehead did little to hide the tinged red scar that was peeking through them. It was stark and deepened and wasn't there the day she saw him. The red wine lips were chapped and the stubble overgrown. The sleeves were rolled up to elbows with one hand shrouding the strip of back slinging on his shoulder. His demeanor exposed the hints of pensiveness and intensity of agony gnawing at every inch of his body.

The professor spun his head towards Neha and arched his eyebrow up perfectly from beneath his round brown spectacles. His right hand still in the posture from where he was interrupted by the knock. Apologizing, she fumbled back on the chair and he resumed his attention back to Ahid.

"May I come in sir?"; he asked, his voice lifeless.

"Yes, you can but your attendance won't count."

"That's fine."; he retorted and strode through the flood of stares, his head unusually lolled down and his pale countenance accentuating the infirmity in his stance. Coming to a halt beside his chair, he flopped his bag on the floor and ruffling his hand through the unkempt hair, slumped down on the chair, bringing it back to life.