31) Perfect [Last]

I dedicate this chapter to each and every one of you; to the ones who stuck by this book since the very start, to the ones who joined it midway, to the ones who voted, to the ones who commented, to the ones who read it silently, and to the ones who'll read it in the future.

A month later!

Struggle is a part of life. There's nothing in this universe you can achieve without sweating, shedding, and breaking down. But the most important thing is that you stay persistent and don't give up. Some people get lucky and are blessed with everything on a silver platter. Some, however, have golden trays reserved for them. Now trays are big and gold is more precious and to achieve that you have to work really hard. You have to give your hundred percent and the foremost thing is, you have to have complete faith in the God above.

You have to remember His greatness and know He never lets your efforts go astray. Now, this doesn't mean accepting with tongue only. You have to believe it with your heart, too. Unless your heart isn't satisfied, you won't be as well.

And that's exactly how they struggled through all the ignominy, pain, and heartbreaks only to be showered with His perpetual blessings.

Ahid Khan and Ayat Raza: Two different stories of the same thread.

Their life had finally come to a serene halt now. It was peaceful. Allah (SWT) had finally given them the happiness they had always craved for and now that they had struggled hard for it, the taste was so much better which they were devouring wholly.

These days, the Khan domicile was buzzing with the discussion of Ayat and Ahid's reception. What with them not being able to hold it before and this storm finally over, Zeliha and Masooma had finally broached up the topic. Preparations were going at full swing and the couple was happy. They deserved every bit of it.

******

Knocking the door of Masooma's bedroom, Ahid pushed it open on gaining her approval and climbing on to her bed, put his head on her laps who had her legs stretched out in front of her. He covered his face with the drape of her dupatta placed gracefully on her head like always and folded his arms across his chest.

"What are you doing?" Masooma let out a chuckle as she stroked his hair.

"Nothing. I'm just a bit emotional. That's it," he replied, feigning to be emotional.

"And why is that?" She inquired as she pushed her drape off his face.

Offended at being deprived of her dupatta, Ahid peered at her with a scowl and pulling it from her hands, covered his face again. "Next week is our reception which means I'll be sitting in Mayun from tomorrow and that is something to be emotional about, no?"

Masooma's chuckle intensified to a full laugh which seemed to offend Ahid a bit more as he propped up on the bed and rose his eyebrows. "What are you laughing at?" He asked.

"Oh My Lord! You're so naïve, Ahid. Mayun is a bride's function, not groom's." She giggled.

"Well, that's sexist," he retorted in indignation.

"Well, it is what it is," she replied back, nonchalantly.

"So from tomorrow, Ayat will be given this special treatment for a whole week while I'll go and look after all the arrangement? Hmmm... Biased much?" He said, theatrically, making Masooma chortle.