9)Coffee and whipped cream.

AsSalamuAlaikum! My dear wattpaidans. I'm really sorry for the late update. I was really busy and I'd really appreciate if ya'll could spare a moment and say a prayer for me.

                                                                                    Happy Reading!

Minutes rolled into hours, hours rolled into days, days rolled into weeks, and before they knew it, welcome party was just around the corner with a minor yet strenuous project for finals.

The students of second semesters were busy in preps, studies forgotten, and rehearsing for the plays, songs, and whatever it was they were planning to pull.

Everything was going smoothly between Ayat and Umer. She would talk to him once in a week but only in Sabeen's presence because he was still non-mehram to her and she didn't feel comfortable conversing alone.

As for the party, she wasn't really excited because the project was already soaking every ounce of her fiber as she didn't have any partner. Not that she wasn't assigned one but because she straight away said no when professor asked her. Having the habit of dealing with her studies on her own, she didn't like anyone intruding her personal space or having any kind of power on her. She just wanted to grow in this field as much as she could so she could flourish in professional life. And being as conscientious as she was, she was completely toiled up in the project, not paying any heed to the upcoming event.

Ahid apologized to Neha after their little brawl on the ground and even though she was skeptical about his reasoning on the scar, she accepted as she couldn't stay mad at him for long.

******

"Urghh!," she let out a screech as she grabbed her head with the hearts of her hands. Her legs were crossed into a pretzel as she completely hovered over the laptop screen, its lightning hue caressing her milky face, the creases on her forehead quite evident. Books and notes were disbanded everywhere on the bed along with a piece of sandwich on the plate which had gone cold now.

She inhaled a deep breath through her nose and pulled her messy hair into a chaste bun, and proceeded towards the task at hand again. As she was typing away on her laptop, a knock erupted on her bedroom door.

"Come in, khala,' she said with her eyes still etched on the screen and forefinger tracing the track ball pad.

Taking long strides, Sabeen halted at one corner of her bed and extended a phone towards Ayat.

"Here, it's Umer."

"So? Talk to him," she piqued in frustration without taking a single glance at phone.

"If my calculations are right I think you're his fiancée, not me."

Ayat looked up with a sigh. "Khala, I'm really busy."

"Two minutes break won't do any harm."

She huffed in annoyance as she rolled her eyes and held the phone perfunctorily from Sabeen's hand. She un-muted the call and placed the phone on her ear.

"AsSalamuAlikum!," he commenced.

"WalaikumAsSalam!"

"Looks like someone has gotten a lot on their plate."

"Looks like someone doesn't have anything better to do rather than disturbing those who they know have a lot on their plate,"

"AYAT!," Sabeen interrupted from where she was standing beside her with both her eyes widened to a dangerous degree. Ayat looked at her and gave an I don't care look as Sabeen smacked her forehead.