Chapter 4 Rock This Town!

Eclipse's P.O.V

I'm so happy, I've reunited with my siblings, Flare gets to stay with us and return to Alola after this journey, and Vulpix oh excuse me, I meant Dawn, yeah little Kathy named her.  Anyway, Dawn also gets to stay with us a little longer. But now all that's left to do is find Mother. I noticed that Flare has been playing with Snowy for quite a while. I'm glad to see he has made a friend and perhaps a girlfriend.  The two of them have been chasing and pinning each other for quite a while. Flare went from timid to very lively in a matter of hours. "They say that if the tails of a Vulpix are well groomed they can be very beautiful." Leah stated. Lillie had managed to catch the Shiny Eevee and nicknamed it Pixie.  Pixie was having a conversation with Krystal, Umbreon, and Eevee, but relaxing didn't last long as we were on the move again. 

Third P.O.V

They eventually arrived at Pewter City, where they met Brock, well Brock ran towards them and flirted with Lusamine.  Leah didn't want to have a gym battle, it was unfortunate that Pewter City didn't have a Contest Hall, but Gladion was glad to have a gym battle despite his broken arm.  Leah knows she can't stop him from battling, but she can make sure he doesn't strain on himself. "I'm telling you right here, right now, until your arm heals, you can't use Z-Moves." She told him.  "Yeah, I know, Leah." Gladion told her. "Good, now go rock this town!" Leah exclaimed cheerfully.  

They walked in, Leah went to the side where everyone else was.  Gladion stood on one end of the field and Brock on the other.  

The battle began, Brock sent out a Geodude, in Kanto it's a rock and ground type.  Gladion was about to send out Zoroark, but Flare jumped off of his shoulder and ran to the field.  "Vulpix!" Flare exclaimed. "This is a Rock type gym, if Flare wants to battle I'll have to up my game." Gladion thought.  "Alright, Flare use Double Team!" Gladion told Flare.  Flare used Double Team, multiple copies of himself appeared all over the field.  "Alright! Use Will-O-Wisp!" Gladion encouraged. Flare used Will-O-Wisp and the copies did the same.  "Use Gyro Ball to shield yourself from Will-O-Wisp and get rid of the copies!" Brock told Geodude, Geodude used said move, Flare got hit by Gyro Ball causing the Fox Pokémon to lose his balance.  Everyone gasped. "Increase your speed with Flame Charge!" Gladion told Flare. Flare's body was now lit up in flames and he started running around the field. "Alright, Now use Fire Spin!" Gladion told Flare.  "VULPIX!" Flare snarled as he summoned a fiery vortex which will be dealing damage on Geodude for five turns. Geodude used Mega Punch on Brock's orders. "Dodge that Mega Punch and use Will-O-Wisp while it's down." Gladion told Flare.  Flare did so, he managed to give Geodude a nasty burn. Add the fire spin and the burn to the equation, Geodude's HP was lowering fast. On Brock’s orders, Geodude used Dig and hid underground. “Don’t let it get to you, Flare, use Flame Charge, run around the field.” Gladion told Flare.  The small fire type did so. After running with his fire lit body for a little while, Geodude came out of underground and hit Flare in midtrack, giving an opening to the small boulder. It took time for Flare to get up and shake off his exhaustion, Brock took this opening and told Geodude to use Mega Punch, sending Flare flying towards the wall.  With a lot of effort, Flare got up, the small Pokémon wasn’t done battling. The fiery vortex did its effect and so did the burn. Geodude used Gyro Ball and Flare effortly countered it with Flame Charge.  

In the end both Pokémon fainted, but Brock still had another Pokémon and so did Gladion.  Leah went to tend to Flare, healing and grooming him while Gladion battled, despite the fact that Flare had a timid nature, with Eclipse nearby, Flare managed to calm down a bit.  

Gladion sent Lycanroc to battle Brock’s Sudowoodo.  “Use Swords Dance.” Gladion told Lycanroc. Lycanroc’s attack stat increased.  

All so suddenly, before either sides could call their attacks, Lycanroc, Pikachu, and Eclipse were caught in some sort of net.  "What the!?" Leah exclaimed. Then a female voice spoke up, "Prepare for trouble," the female said and a male voice followed, "And make it double," the male continued.  "To protect the world from devastation," the female continued. "To unite our people within our nation," the male continued. "To denounce the evils of truth and love," she said.  "To extend our reach to the stars above," he continued. "It's Jessie!" Jessie said. "And James!" James said. "Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!" Jessie said. "Surrender now, or prepare to fight!" James continued.  "Meowth that's right!" Meowth finished. Then Wobbuffet appeared for his grand finish. "Wobbuffet!" It exclaimed. "Team Rocket! I knew it was you!" Ash exclaimed angrily. "No you didn't you dimwit!" Leah told Ash harshly. Ash stayed quiet.  "I could send out Krystal, but Team Rocket is really unpredictable at times." Leah thought.  "Eclipse use Fire Fang, try to break that net!" Leah told her partner.  Eclipse's fangs were alight in blazing fire as she tried to break herself and her piers free.  Flare, Snowy, and Vulpix tried to help. After some effort and help from the three vulpix, Snowy, Flare, and Dawn, the three pokémons, Lycanroc, Pikachu, and Eclipse managed to escape the net.   Flare and Lycanroc returned to Gladion's side. "Thanks, Flare." He softly told Flare. "Vulpix, Pix!" Flare exclaimed cheerfully and returned to happily reside on Gladion's shoulders as the battle continued.  “Vul Vulpix!” Flare exclaimed happily. Gladion smiled and gave a Flare’s chin a little scratch. Flare was happy of the attention his trainer was giving him, but the small fire type knew that Gladion had to return serious, that Pokémon battle isn’t going to win itself.  

-Timeskip after the Battle 'cause I'm too darn Lazy-

The Battle ended with Gladion claiming victory, after earning the Boulder Badge, they decided to keep going towards the next town, Cerulean City.  Only to stop for the night as it was starting to get dark.  

And so Gladion managed to win a gym battle despite his broken arm and Flare opened up to Leah and Snowy.  What will happen next? Stay tuned as the journey continues!