Chapter 8 The Worst Kind of Surprise!

Megan's P.O.V

I decided to make my leave and continue my journey, some of the information that Leah mentioned yesterday really sunk in.  Demorah is someone I wouldn’t want to cross paths with so I decided to stay with Leah’s group a little longer. Besides, Gladion was going to battle Misty, I wouldn’t miss that.  "So Leah," I said, attempting to start a conversation. "How will we defeat Demorah? And who's that friend of yours, you make him or her sound mysterious." I asked the Gingerette.  "Honestly to defeat Demorah we'll need all hands and paws on deck. As for my friend, he told me to meet him at Lavender Town." Leah informed me. "Why Lavender Town of all places?" I asked.  "Zanero is a ghost type user, he states that he wants us to meet him inside the Pokémon Tower that just happens to be located in Lavender Town." Leah explained bitterness stung at the mention of Zanero's name, whatever happened between them wasn't pretty.  "Okay then." I said. Gladion already walked in, wanting to challenge the gym. "You know, I'm sorry for my outburst yesterday, we seriously shouldn't fix our romantic drama with violence." Leah said. I nodded in agreement. "Logically, but maybe next time we can have an actual battle in our Pokémon forms." I suggested.  "Sounds legit, I'm looking forward to it." Leah said cheerfully. "Alright, Kitten, you're on!" I told Leah. "Don't expect me to go easy on you, Sarcasm Queen!" Leah told me. Sarcasm Queen? I guess that's just her way to refer to me with, like how I call her Kitten, Leah is way too innocent and pure like a Kitten, hence the nickname.  Leah clasped her hands. "Alright I think the others are waiting for us to get inside." Leah said matter of factly and ran inside the gym. "Hey! Wait Up!" I exclaimed as I followed her inside. The inside was exactly what you'd expect from a water type gym. There were a few parts of the field that were solid ground, but the rest of it was water.  Gladion had sent his Umbreon in battle. "Flare sure is a feisty one, it's the second battle he's willing to battle." Kaima stated. The Vulpix was watching with anticipation while being held in Leah's arms. I pat Flare's head. "Vul!" Flare exclaimed cheerfully. "Well he'll have to wait, Gladion wants to give his other Pokémon a chance to battle." Leah said and she fed Flare a sweet malasada.  I wanted that malasada, but Flare looked so happy and adorable. Wait a minute, did Leah just said that Flare is Gladion's Pokémon!? "Yes, Meg, Flare is Gladion's Pokémon." Prince told me.  "Darn it!" I muttered.  "You know I hate you right now." I told Prince.  "I love you too, Megan." Prince replied.  I rolled my eyes.  "Why do you even try, it's obvious that Leah will win Gladion over, his sling is literally her hoodie.  Her scent is all over it." Prince added.  "Don't say that, Leah's been kind enough to let us stay with them even after yesterday's argument." I told Prince before concentrating on watching Gladion battle and by watching Gladion battle, I mean glaring at Leah who was staring at Gladion with a lovestruck face and blushing furiously, Arceus knows what she's thinking about.    

Gladion's P.O.V

I've been thinking about Leah and Megan constantly and non stop recently, if I choose Megan, Leah will be devastated and heartbroken, knowing her, she'll end up ignoring me completely like I was invisible, thus ruining our friendship.  If I choose Leah, the same could be said for Megan except she'll be more pissed than anything else, it's just so darn complicated. I love Leah more than a friend, she's cute, caring, and understanding, heck Leah even managed to get Flare come out of his shell, but what's in it for Megan, I don't want to hurt her.  These thoughts flooded my mind, I didn't realize that the battle had already begun, it was Umbreon that snapped me back to reality. "O-oh, sorry, Umbreon." I told the dark type Eeveelution. "Umbre." It said. "Alright, use Dark Pulse." I urged Umbreon. "Umbreon!" Umbreon snarled as it used Dark Pulse on Misty’s Psyduck, Psyduck started panicking, but later reprimanded with Water Gun.  “Umbreon, jump and use Iron Tail!” I told Umbreon. “Breon!” Umbreon snarled. It’s tail glowed white and hit Psyduck with it, dealing a good amount of damage. “Vul, Vulpix!” I heard Flare exclaim, I glanced to where he was and saw him playing with Snowy while Eclipse and Ninetales watched them play, that’s cute. “Umbreon, use Shadow Ball!” I told Umbreon. Umbreon snarled as it summoned a dark purple ball and sent it towards Psyduck, but that darn duck sent it back with water gun, knocking out Umbreon in the process.  I withdrew Umbreon and sent out Zoroark, which decided to use illusion, Misty thought that I have sent out Lycanroc, but she’s in for a surprise. “Use Shadow Claw.” I casually told Zoroark. “Wait a minute, Shadow Claw isn’t a move Lycanroc can learn.” Leah stated. I smirked, Leah is a smart girl, I think she already have it figured out. Shadow Claw knocked out Psyduck, but it was down to one more Pokémon. “Come out my beauty!” Misty exclaimed as a Gyarados appeared. That’s it, I’m dead. Misty mega evolved Gyarados, making it water and dark type and the stat boost doesn’t help, oh well gotta risk it and do a z-move.   That's what I thought before Leah walked out, claiming that she wanted to be left alone. "Nine…" I heard Eclipse say before following her trainer outside. I wonder if Leah will be fine.  

Leah's P.O.V

I walked outside with Eclipse following not far behind me, as I saw the last person and his partner Pokémon I wanted to see.  Eclipse was growling angrily. "Hello Mat, Murkrow." I told them bitterly. "Krow!" The bird exclaimed as it flapped its wings while still being perched on Mat's shoulder.  "Ninetales, Nine, Nine." Eclipse said casually. "What brings you here, I thought I made it clear that I didn't wanted to get involved with you and the boys after last year." I stated clearly annoyed.  "I'm aware, you only left because of him, but that's beside the point, I'm here because Zanero sent me here to inform you that Demorah's got your siblings, I know you hate us, no doubt and your reason is very valid, I too left the boys after learning their true intentions." Mat explained.  "How do I not know it's a scam? How can I trust you after what happened last year?" I asked him. "Because unlike them, I enjoyed having you around even if you didn't talked much," Mat told me. "Correction, didn't talk at all, besides if you're going to tell me you like me more than a friend, I'm sorry, but I like someone else." I told him.  "But in all honesty, I do miss those laughs we had." I told him. "Let me join your traveling companions, together with their help, we'll stop Demorah and Zanero's plans." Mat told me. "That will be decided if my friends want you around." I told him. I heard a faint neigh in the distance, it sounded like the Pokémon was in pain. "Give me a minute, Mat I heard a Pokémon." I told him.  Mat smiled brightly and in satisfaction. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the sound. What I found surprised me, it was a Galarian Ponyta, its hoof was stuck under what seemed to be the leftovers of Rock Slide. The voice of a trainer got me out of my daze, "Go Aerodactyl, use toxic!" The trainer told his Aerodactyl. "No not on my watch!" I exclaimed angrily and determined as I was hit by toxic, I fell to the ground, the last thing I saw before blacking out was Gladion commanding Eclipse to use Flamethrower. 

Third P.O.V

After an encounter with a past friend, Leah had found an injured Ponyta, but fainted after trying to protect it from Toxic, luckily Gladion went to try to help her out.  What will happen next?  Stay tuned as the journey continues!

Heyo!  I'm sorry if this chapter took more time than anticipated, I was busy with school and I had some huge author's block.