Chapter 15 An Encounter With The Past

Eclipse's P.O.V

After the events of the previous chapter, Glalia, Myria, and Pyrolee returned to their respectful timeline as we have arrived at Viridian City.  

I glanced at my mother, she looked uneasy.  "Mother?" I asked.  She snapped out of her daze.  "Hmm, yes Eclipse?" She told me.  "Is everything alright, you seem uneasy?" I asked.  "Oh yes, yes, I'm fine, nothing to worry about, heh heh." She told me, by now I wasn't buying it.  That's when I saw a woman and her daughter walking with a Vulpix and a Venusaur.  The Venusaur walked towards Mother. "Ninetales?  Man, it's been so long, last time we saw I was Bulbasaur!" Venusaur exclaimed.  "It's Queen, now, Venusaur." Mother told Venusaur coldly.  "Mind if I join the party, but who are you?" I heard my brother, Flare ask.  "Oh Flare, darling this is an old friend of mine and he was just leaving." Mother snarled at Venusaur.  Then the woman called out to Venusaur.  "Venusaur, what are you doing talking with this outsider?" She asked as she walked towards her Pokémon with her daughter following her with the Vulpix in her arms.  "Hold up, I know you, Ninetales." The woman told Mother. "Oh I know you as well, you witch!" Mother snarled at the woman.  "I see you’re still mad at me for releasing you, well you needed it, you needed to be put back in your place, you needed to be taught a lesson in not losing contests." The woman ranted.  Mother looked hurt and guilty, she didn't dare to look at anyone. "Beg me pardon, madam, but who are you and why does it matter if Queen had lost a Pokémon contest in the past? In a way a loss is mostly the trainer's fault." Leah told the woman.  "Very formal for a teenage girl, I like that, I am Natasha, this disgrace lost me the win by losing the battle section of the contest." Natasha explained. "Battle skills can be improved with practice, not by pointing out a Pokémon's flaws and weaknesses." Leah explained.  Leah's friends agreed with her statement. "Oh, I see you got yourself a Ninetales, let's see her battle skills huh?" Natasha told Leah as Natasha proceeded to pet me. I growled warning her to not touch me. "Yeah, she bites." Leah casually told this Natasha. I noticed that Mohn was stroking Mother while reassuring her.  Mother seemed a little more confident in herself. Gladion walked in front of us and said, "Either way, whether or not Queen was your Pokémon in the past, it doesn't give you a right to hurt her." The boy was fuming, he was angry and it was obvious. "Gladion relax, it's a battle she wants, I'll give her one, right Eclipse." Leah whispered loud enough for both Gladion and I to hear.  I nodded in agreement.  

So now we are standing on a battlefield.  "Let's make this a tag battle." Natasha told Leah.  Natasha's daughter seemed furious, "Nope, you're alone, Mother." She told her.  "Those trainers are right, battle that girl if you like, but that's not going to fix anything." The girl told her mother.  "Sarah, you come here this instant, I forbid you to join them." Natasha told Sarah. "Or what, you'll beat me? Starve me? Pfft, I'm used to it, but the road I'm taking is my choice, not yours." Sarah told Natasha bitterly.  Sarah examined Mother for a moment. "I guess Ninetales had a good reason to hate you so much, you abused her, like how you abused me." Sarah said, but that last part quietly. "It's time to put you back into your place, Eclipse let's show her our fiery moves!" Leah told me.  I ran in front of my trainer and prepared for the battle. "Let's do this with full power!" I exclaimed.  Natasha sent out an Alolan Persian.    “Alright Eclipse, let’s kick this off with Will-O-Wisp!” Leah exclaimed.  “Let’s see how you like a fried kitty, witch!” I exclaimed as I distracted Persian with Will-O-Wisp and then shoved the purpleish flames on the ugly feline, thus burning it.  “Clever, runt, but try this one for size, Persian use Bite!” Natasha told Leah. Leah glanced at her surroundings, “Haha, Eclipse use Flame Charge, run towards that metal pole.” She told me.  My body was alight as I ran towards the metal pole while Persian followed me in pursuit. “Now jump behind Persian!” Leah told me. Persian face planted in the metal pole, and the burn the ugly feline had from Will-O-Wisp started getting back at her.  Natasha snarled, “Get up, you pesky feline and use Fury Swipes!” she urged. Persian looked hurt from Natasha’s words, but used Fury Swipes anyway. “Eclipse dodge it, and use Mystical Fire!” Leah told me, I howled and sent my attack on the feline, thus fainting it.  I walked up to it, asking if it was fine. “Are you alright?” I asked Persian.  “Other several scratches and burns, I’m fine.” Persian replied.  “What was That? You filthy kitty, you are not allowed to lose a battle even less to a clueless teenager!” Natasha scolded.  Leah walked up to her. “I think you’re the clueless one, Pokémon aren’t tools for their trainers to use, they are living beings with feelings like people and it’s sad you think Pokémon are your tools, you will fail as a trainer if you treat your Pokémon as such, in fact I think you already did.” Leah defended.  "You pesky Pokémon trainers, you think you're flawless." Natasha snarled. "I never claimed to be perfect, therefore you're wrong again." Leah told Natasha. Natasha groaned and walked away. Sarah spoke up, "I always wanted to leave that witch." She stated and began to walk away. "Hey where are you going?" Leah asked her.  "I'm going to Alola to become a better trainer." Sarah told Leah. Leah gave Sarah a thumbs up. "I bid you good luck with your training." Leah told her. "You too, Leah, I hope you become a great Pokémon Biologist." Sarah told Leah cheerfully.  

Third P.O.V

Leah hugged Eclipse cheerfully as the Fox Pokémon happily licked Leah while their friends and families laughed at their antics.  "I love you, you crazy floofball." Leah cheerfully told Eclipse. "Tales, Nine, Nine." Eclipse cheerfully barked.

After an encounter with Queen's previous trainer, Leah attempted to prove her point, but to no avail, with Sarah gone to Alola to better herself, our heroes have gotten closer to Eclipse's family.  What will happen next? Stay tuned as the journey continues!