Chapter 17 A New Ally and Jailbreak again.

Third P.O.V

On their way back to the airport, our heroes had encountered Megan, “Hey, Leah, you remember that battle you promised!?” Megan exclaimed enthusiastically.  “Well you’re enthusiastic, maybe I shouldn’t have stayed up all night watching all eight Harry Potter films.” Leah replied. Gladion rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Correction, staring dreamily at Professor Snape for no apparent reason.” Gladion corrected.  Megan laughed, “Who likes Professor Snape? He hates everyone, if he was real, he’d probably hate you as well, Leah.” Megan mocked. “In biology, you need chemistry as well and potion making is technically chemistry.” Leah stated casually. In the distance, a wild Poochyena was watching them from the bushes, listening to everything they said.  

Megan and Leah stood on a battlefield, both girls in their Pokémon form, Leah being an Alolan Ninetales and Megan a Silvally.  Leah began with a powerful Moonblast it dealt good damage on Megan, but Megan used double hit, Leah dodged it quickly and used Ice Beam, but the battle was stopped by the same Poochyena from earlier.  "Poochyena!" Megan exclaimed, confused and panicked.

Leah reverted to her original form, she had a few bruises, but she still examined the Poochyena.  "You look fine, Severus. I just hope you didn't get hurt." Leah told it.

"Yena!" It barked.

Leah sent out Romeo so Severus won't feel lonely.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu introduced.

"Vulpix!" Flare and Snowy cheerfully said.

"Growlithe!" Romeo said.

Then Queen and Eclipse, whom were conversing walked up to the smaller Pokémon.

"Ninetales!" They said.

"Poochyena!" Severus said.

Leah and Megan continued their battle, but Team Rocket took hold of Leah, her friends, and their Pokémon.

"Arceus, dammit!" Leah cursed.

They were dragged to Demorah's lab, where they were stuck in a jail cell again.  Little did the villains know, Severus, the wild Poochyena, followed our heroes.  

Demorah gave Leah a cold glare, but she wasn't affected, she just minded her business while playing with her Pokémon, which makes one wonder why the hell did Team Rocket took their Pokémon if they were to give them back.

Gladion and Lillie were playing chess with Leah's evolution stone collection, until Romeo casually muzzled the fire stone, making him glow, indicating evolution, in the place of the fire type puppy stood a giant quadruped furred lupine, an Arcanine.  

"Oh come on, that fire stone was about to be kinged!" Gladion complained.

"Too bad, Gladi, we must escape this place anyway." Leah told him.

Demorah, Giovanni, and Benjamin talked between each other in Demorah's office.

"The girl has matured, Benjamin, my presence doesn't affect her anymore, her Pokémon are stronger now." Demorah told Benjamin.

"She's also smarter, if she finds a way to escape, there's nothing we can do considering the strong bonds she has with her Pokémon." Giovanni said.  

"There may be a way, but we'll seek the help from an electric type." Benjamin said.

"The boy from Pallet Town has a Pikachu, if you get it to shock her, our problem is solved." Demorah informed.

Tim and Iryka were playing rock, paper, scissors, Tim had lost multiple times so far.

The adults were talking between them, while Leah had been plotting their escape, that is until Severus came to the rescue.  "Poochyena!" Ash exclaimed.

"Severus, can you help us?" Leah asked.

The Pokémon nodded.  

"See that kid over there?" Leah asked, motioning to Zanero.

Severus nodded.

"He has the keys, grab them and bring them to me, understand?" Leah told the small dark type.

The Poochyena nodded and easily walked through the cell doors.  

Leah grabbed her iconic frying pan from her bag and called out to Zanero.

"Hey, Buttelf, I'm over here!" She exclaimed, giving Severus the chance to grab the keys.

Zanero turned around to see Leah and her friends laughing from the taunt.  Severus took this opportunity to grab the keys and gave them to Leah, whom unlocked the door and smacked Zanero unconscious with it, "Frying pans! Who knew right!?" Gladion exclaimed more or less cheerfully while Leah tied Zanero up behind Romeo. Leah picked up Severus and ran off with the others following behind her (and Zanero being dragged by an oversized fire dog).

After some running around they finally escaped the lab, with Zanero ending up with a few bruises and scars from being dragged around by an Arcanine and being tied up to it.  "Can we please bury him alive or burn him alive!?" Leah asked in a teenage girl's whining voice. "NO!" Everyone yelled. Despite their wishes, Eclipse casually set Zanero on fire for the fun of seeing him in pain.  

"Good girl, Eclipse, you deserve a Poképuff!" Leah told her fire type partner.

Severus walked up to Leah, looking at her with determination wanting to battle.  

The Poochyena before her, seemed to be a hard worker and likes challenges, Eclipse took a step forwards to battle and the battle began.

On Leah's orders Eclipse used Mystical Fire, but it was dodged by Severus, all the while Zanero was still being burned in Eclipse's fire.

Leah grabbed a Dusk Ball from her bag and threw it in Severus' direction, thus catching him in the process.

"Yeah!  I caught a Poochyena!" Leah exclaimed, cheerfully.

"Ninetales!" Eclipse exclaimed.

"Severus come on out!" Leah exclaimed cheerfully as a small grey figure appeared from the Pokéball.

"Poochyena!" Severus exclaimed.

"Yay!  We have a new Pokémon to run around the house!" Tim exclaimed cheerfully.

"Another dark type that has one evolution, Mightyena, let's just hope this one doesn't mega evolve." Pascal said a bit bitterly.

"Um, Mightyena doesn't have a Mega Evolution." Leah stated.

Lusamine had offered a spot for Leah in the conservation area of Aether Paradise, stating that being surrounded by more species of Pokémon could help along with books. 

They continued their way to the Airport with Megan following because Megan also lives in Alola.

With a new Partner, Leah is one step closer to her goal of becoming a Pokémon Biologist.