Chapter 8

Murasakibara

I boredly looked at her sleeping figure. The nurse said she had a 38° fever. Why did she even bothered to go to school?

I lifted her pale arm and caressed it. She is so thin, has she been eating properly?

Good Lord, she is so damn beautiful. The creator probably spent years in creating her. Her eyebrows were carefully picked as well as her lashes, her nose and sexy lips, and every thing about her.

"Atsushi, can I come in?", A familiar voice asked. " Muro-chin? Yeah, come on in."

He twisted the doorknob, and the small smile on his face was evident. His eyebrows lifted carefully and as he seems to try to analyze what happened.

"She has a fever." I beat him to it.

"Aah." He walked towards the bed where Yuka is laying and touched her forehead.

"Maa, the fever isnt going down. Did she take her medicine yet?"

I nodded. He looks at me again with that scrutinizing eyes. Now its my turn to lift my brows up.

"Did I do anything wrong?"

He chuckled.

"Aside from skipping basketball practice? None if I may add." He brings up his fingers to brush his bangs away, but it still fell on the same place.

I nodded."Coach knew. Yuka fainted in the faculty room where I was supposed to meet her."

He again smiled. He seems amused. I dont know. What is that reaction evident on his face?

"You must really care for Yuka huh?" He stated.

"Well..maybe I am." Am I really worried about her?

Once again, he chuckled. His shoulder shaking. "That's okay. I am glad as his...as your friend."

I shrugged. He stood and tapped my knees.

"Im going now. Look out for her will you?" He said.

"Will do."

He smiled and walkedbout of the clinic. I shifted my gaze to the sleeping beauty.

"Now, what am I going to do to you?"

Himuro

I closed the door behind me and let out a deep sigh. What has my sister been doing and getting such high fever?

I started walking to clear my mind. It is now evident that Atsushi is starting to take interest towards my sister. Its not bad that bad though. The worst thing that could probably happen is me, taking Yuka away.

Annoyed, I answered the phone that has been ringing endlessly.

"Hello." I huffed.

"When are you planning to bring her back?"

I rolled my eyes. This man. How can he call himself a father?

"Soon. She fainted at school today. She has a fever."

"Go and consult or call a doctor or whatsoever. The old man is itching to see her granddaughter. You cannot fail alright? You know what failure will lead to."

I didnt respond.

"If that's the case, bye."

I stopped walking and looked at the setting sun.

I was conceived by Mother when she was 19, my biological father was her former butler whom she fell inlove to, but it was a forbidden love for the both of them.

The head of the household, Sir Leiven Devonshire, that time was strict in picking my Mother's soon to be husband. He was furious when he knew that she was pregnant from a commoner. A butler. A servant. But my Mother knew best.

She gave birth to me, before being arranged to someone else.That person was Yuka's father. I thought he was a father figure to me, but surprise surprise. Never he was to me, and also to Yuka.

I was casted off and thrown to US when I was atthe age of 14 by that man, saying that Sir Leiven ordered him to do that. That is where I started to play basketball.

He also said that in order for me to step once again at the Devonshire Mansion, I should bring Yuka back.

Even though it will hurt to see Atsushi in misery, I should brin her back.

I cannot afford this mission to fail, its my only ticket back to my life.

I cant..