Chapter 11

Yuka

It has been months since the "fuck you senseless" incident. Me and Atsushi are in a friendly terms, but it seems that I have grown attached to that man. He never stopped babbling about how he will court me soon, and he says that I really need to say yes.

And it seems that he is right.

A few weeks ago he started walking home with me from school to m house, and vice versa. And sometimes, he is cocky enough go invite himself to a sleepover. Tons of movies had been watched, and I still can't get over the fact that he almost broke my microwave oven.

A ding sound from the microwave oven was heard, and another buzzing sound followed. Putting down the book I have in hand, I went to check Atsushi at the kitchen.

My eyes almost fell out of their sockets when I saw my microwave oven emit a black smoke. Atsushi, on the other hand, wore a sheepish smile with the popcorn bowl on his left hand.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!" I screamed. He put down the bowl and covered the microwave.

"LET ME SEE IT YOU DUMB SHIT!"

"Relax Yukachin! Your microwave is so old that's why that thing happened." He cooly explained.

I threw him a look. "Its probably because you've been using it every single time you're here."

He chuckled and walked towards me. He towered me alright, but I never backed down.

He opened his arms and enveloped me into a hug.

"Im sorry. Ill fix it okay."

I melted.

"Okay."

Also a week ago, he started to say cheesy lines and weird pick-up lines. The "chasing my dreams" was my favorite.

It was a cold day.

I was suppose to meet Atsushi at the Central Park, but hell, he can't be seen anywhere. My jeans and longsleeves isn't cutting it out anymore, as I began to shiver.

A few shivers later, someone hugged me from behind. His breath was warm and tickles my nape, so I let out a short giggle.

"Sorry I was late. But my mom told me to get up and chase my dreams."

I stifled a laugh. "What the hell is your dream?"

"You of course."

I rolled my eyes at the memory. As I descend at the last step, my hand was pulled by none other than Himuro.

"Himuro-san? What's wrong?" My brows furrowed.

He smiled, and stop. He walked behind my and placed a blindfold.

I was panicking but he assured me. "Relax, Yuka. Everything will be alright."

We walked slowly, I heard murmurs about 'the gym is decorated' and 'maybe someone is proposing'.

My heart was thumping on my chest.The familiar scent of wax mixed with wood entered my nostrils. Shuffling sounds were on the background, and I heard someone laughed and a smack on...the head probably?

A song was played and a warm feeling took over my heart.

Wise men says
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling inlove with you

My hands were trembling beside me. Is Atsushi behind this?

Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
But I cant help falling inlove with you

My blindfond was taken off, and my eyes adjusted to dim lights of the gym. Only 3 spotlights were opened, and there are floating balloons everywhere. Under the ring, there stood the person whom I think is behind this.

Like river flows
Shortly to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

"Walk.Go." Himuro nudged me to walk, but it seems that my feet doesnt want me to.

For the first time in my life, this is the only time that someone actually made an effort to show their love for me.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I walked towards him.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I cant help falling in love
With you

He extended his hand to me which I gladly accepted.

"Hey." He smiled. I felt a tear dropped and made its way to my cheeks.

"Stupid Atsushi. So this is your plan all along." My tears started to flow. He wiped it with his fingers.

"Yuka. I made a bad impression on you the first time we met. Im a jerk alright, but this jerk," he pointed to himself, "This jerk fell under your spell the moment we kissed."

The hammering feeling in my chest never stopped. "Yuka, you wont probably take this seriously because you always feel like im joking around yeah?All the things I've done for you the past weeks, I believe you wont believe that I am courting you.  But please, with cherry on top, I hope you listen now."

"Yuka, I love you. I am deeply and madly inlove with you. And with that," he inhaled and exhaled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I closed my eyes. I can still feel my tears falling, and in my chest? My heart beating so fast.

My heart beating for this man infront of me.

This man,who broke the walls I made to keep me safe.

This man, who I thought I can never be with.

And this man, whom I thought, I can never fall in love to.

I inhaled and exhaled. I held his hand tighter and opened my eyes.

He saved me.

He saved me from drowning.

"Yes." I answered.

7:44 PM November 20,2016