02 || Daily Groceries

-Carter's P.O.V-

I sat in chemistry class beside Peter. I frowned as i saw him lean over to the side and look at something. I leaned over. "What are you doing?" i asked he quickly closed the cabinet and turned to me.

"Nothing" he said and i rolled my eyes. I leaned on my table putting my head on my palm. "Like always" i mumbled and from the corner of my eye, i saw him look over at me.

I didn't notice that my hand started to freeze my pencil until Peter quickly took it. "Snow your power's" he said hiding the now frozen pencil.

I looked at him taking my hand from his. "Sorry" i whispered looking back to the teacher.

°°°

I paid the cashier my lunch and walked over to Peter and Ned. "Hey, guys" i said but raised my eyebrows as they didn't respond.

I looked behind me and rolled my eyes and slightly glared as i saw they were looking, Liz. She was the school's more popular girl, she was nice and everything. Every boy in school wanted to be with her and that seemed to include Peter which gave me kind of the reason to be jealous.

"We probably should stop staring before it gets creepy though" said Peter and i grabbed my grapes popping one in my mouth and angrily biting it.

"Too late, you guys are losers" said Michelle. She was a friend of mine besides Ned and Peter. She was this kind of honest too much for someone's own good and dressed in dark colors, but she was cool.

"I agree with MJ" i said and Peter snapped his head towards me. He gave me an apologetic smile and i just looked down at my plate.

"Then why do you sit with us?" asked Ned making me giggle a little. "Cause i don't have any friends," she said and i pointed at myself. "Besides Carter" she said and i nodded.

"And you're my best friends" i said and looked at Peter. "So you boys want to do something with me tonight?" i asked looking at them.

"Sorry cant" said Peter quickly and i frowned. "You never can" i said flashing him my white eyes. I stood up and walked away.

°°°

I tapped my feet on the floor as i waited for the bell to end the day ring. Just as it rang i stood up and walked out of my classroom and over to my locker.

I opened it putting away the books i didn't need and took out the ones i did. I shut my locker door and jumped a little as i saw Peter there.

"God you scared me" i said holding my hand over my chest. "Sorry Snow" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"What do you want Peter" i said walking to the door to exit the school. "Snow please listen to me" he said as i opened the door and walked over.

"About what Peter, about the fact you have no time for me your best friend now, on how i feel totally ignored from you" i said and i felt him grab my arm and pull me back.

"Carter please, I'm sorry ok, it's just the internship has taken some of my time" he said as i felt him breathe on my face.

"Peter when you were in the Math Olympics you had time for me and Ned we 3 would do a lot of things together" i said.

"Yeah I'm sorry so sorry, I'll try and talk with Mr. Stark so i can hang out with you more ok, but please don't stay mad at me" he said doing his puppy eyes. I sighed nodding.

"Ok, i can't be mad at you for so long" i said smiling at him. "Good now i um i have to go but catch you later at your house" he said and i nodded.