05 || Secrets Hurt

-Carter's P.O.V-

This can't be more uncomfortable then it already is. Peter, Ned and i walked into the house and i looked around. "Hey Michelle" i said as i spotted my friend.

"Hey Carter, i can't believe you guys are at this lame party" she said and i raised my eyebrows. "You're here too" said Ned and i nodded. "Am i?" she said and i got more confused.

"I think no one will ever understand Michelle" i said and they nodded. "Oh my gosh, hey guys, cool hat Ned" said Liz appearing out of nowhere.

"Hi Liz" said Ned excited. "Liz" i greeted with a tight smile. "Hey Carter" she said smiling. "Hey Liz" said Peter and he looked dazed but then snapped out of it.

I sighed as i knew things were going to good to be true. I took my hand out of his, i saw him frown. "I'm so happy to see you guys came, there are pizza and drinks, help yourselves" she said.

"You're having a great party" commented Peter and i rolled my eyes. "Thanks" she said giving him i smile. I really wanted to freeze to ice her right there.

We then heard something break. "Oh um my parents will kill me if anythings broke, u gotta um..." she trailed off. "Yeah" said Peter.

"Have fun" she said and left. "Bye" said Ned. I bit my lip swinging on my heels back and forth. Peter went to say something and i quickly interrupted him. "Uh i think I'm going to get something to drink" i said and quickly walked off.

I stood beside Michelle who was in the drink alone. "So-"

"Why does each time i come and talk to you, you have to start with a so" i said looking at her.

"Because," she said and we laughed a little. "Please tell me you and Peter came together" she said and i nodded. "Mhm, but i don't think he remembered that when Liz talked to us" i said grabbed a drink.

"Oh please, Liz? He can't like her like he likes you" she said and i shook my head. "I don't think so, i mean each time I'm with him his sweet, but then when Liz appears he practically forget I'm there" i explained and she patted my shoulder.

"Well make him look at you" she said and i sighed. "Trust me I've tried" i said.

°°°

I was alone. Michelle had left saying she got tired of the lame party. And i have been looking for Ned and Peter everywhere.

"Have you seen Peter or Ned?" i asked and people have either said a cold no or ignored me. That probably what you get for not being a popular kid.

"Peter! Ned!" i yelled looking around getting on my toes to see better. "Peter!" i yelled again. I groaned as he was nowhere to be seen.

Deciding to take some air i walked out of the house and onto the back yard. I walked over to the pool and looked at my reflection.

I bent down and put my hand inside the pool. The water was cold but still felt nice. I concentrated on the water and slowly it started to freeze.

When it starts to spread more then i expected i quickly took out my hand. The ice started to dissolve and i saw a movement from the reflection.

I frowned and turned around to see Peter. I gasped surprised. He was dressed in Spider-man's suit and putting on his mask.

At that moment i felt a pang of hurt cross over my chest. "Peter is...Spider-man" i whispered. Tears welled up in my eyes. How could he do this to me?